PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

I think many people have touched on many items in this thread. It seems to me there are a large variety of problems.
  • Lack of Tools: There is no easy way to coordinate multiple Outfits. As a result, outfits end up folding into huge outfits or just giving up.
  • Territory Adjacency: It's impossible to do any covert actions, something you could somewhat do in PlanetSide 1. You are stuck to the front lines or stuck having to weave your way between massive zergs. You can't deny tech to someone other than taking a base for example.
  • Viable Spawns: Sunderer is good and all, but it's not even remotely covert. The Galaxy was overpowered as an all encompassing AMS but I'd love to see it come back in a more restricted manner.
  • Lack of defensive bonuses: We used to get more of a benefit from defending. Now, there IS a benefit now but it's not well communicated. Things like setting up CE in a courtyard before moving on were common place in PS1 - now the zerg completely abandons bases and moves on making little attempt at defense.
It boils down to the fact no small(ish) outfit is able to compete or do anything except roll along side the Zerg. Which is a viable tactic don't get me wrong.. but there should be other options for teams that want to operate differently.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-12-20 at 10:57 AM.