A question of slugs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where almost everyone plays on emerald
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-05, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
almalino
First Sergeant

Re: A question of slugs

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
At one time they were modestly effective and kind of fun - now there is no reason to bother except curiosity.
And then people in other threads suggest to use slugs on NC max when we complain about shotguns range.
Old 2014-03-05, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
And then people in other threads suggest to use slugs on NC max when we complain about shotguns range.
Aye that is funny isn't it =p thanks to how slugs work they don't even make it that much better as its so easy to miss when you don't ADS but you CAN'T ADS as a MAX. What I've learnt from using our MAX is while you'll die non stop and have a range of 0m you may as well not use slugs and just go for rambo mode hoping the engis keep up somehow.

Wish they'd change slugs to make them useful.. hell even if it was a cool new type of slug for NC to emphasis our role as the shotgun faction. I know slugs aren't *useless* but so far my testing has shown they just aren't worth the extra effort, you're far better off just switching to a rifle when you're going to be fighting mainly outside then switch again for inside fighting, slugs just screw up the things which make a shotgun great and don't add much.
Old 2014-03-05, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Binkley
Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Aye that is funny isn't it =p thanks to how slugs work they don't even make it that much better as its so easy to miss when you don't ADS but you CAN'T ADS as a MAX. What I've learnt from using our MAX is while you'll die non stop and have a range of 0m you may as well not use slugs and just go for rambo mode hoping the engis keep up somehow.
For ages I listened to posts like this one and didn't bother with slugs. Then I finally tried them in my hacksaws and found that I like them. They're not sniper rifles, but I can finally kill people on the far side of the room. YMMV, but they certainly have value for the NC max.
Old 2014-03-05, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
For ages I listened to posts like this one and didn't bother with slugs. Then I finally tried them in my hacksaws and found that I like them. They're not sniper rifles, but I can finally kill people on the far side of the room. YMMV, but they certainly have value for the NC max.
Not much really, the problem is with a slug its ONE projectile and it will fire randomly into that huge circle of a CoF you have, sure you have a longer range but it means that its likely to just miss, hell unless somebody COMPLETELY fills that circle you could stand right next to somebody and miss with both barrels, its unlikely but if theres even a little bit of the circle not filled by the enemy your shot could go there and not hit a thing, and when you've got such a small magazine size and slow reload thats a huge issue.

You're better off going for the mattocks without slugs for long range, hacksaws you want to be right up next to the enemy anyway so slugs sound like a horrible idea which would also ruin the whole point of them.
Old 2014-03-05, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Binkley
Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Not much really, the problem is with a slug its ONE projectile and it will fire randomly into that huge circle of a CoF you have, sure you have a longer range but it means that its likely to just miss, hell unless somebody COMPLETELY fills that circle you could stand right next to somebody and miss with both barrels, its unlikely but if theres even a little bit of the circle not filled by the enemy your shot could go there and not hit a thing, and when you've got such a small magazine size and slow reload thats a huge issue.

You're better off going for the mattocks without slugs for long range, hacksaws you want to be right up next to the enemy anyway so slugs sound like a horrible idea which would also ruin the whole point of them.
I agree Mattocks are better for range, but if you already have Hacksaws and not Mattocks, watchagonnado? Slugs add versatility to my Hacksaws.

I don't have trouble hitting targets with my Hack-slugs. When they are standing next to me the targets do fill the whole circle and when further away, I only single-volley them, no full auto. Slugs make a huge difference in Hacksaws, which without slugs often cannot kill someone on the other side of a room even with a full mag-dump. In tower defenses, I can now stand at the top of the staircase to the garage and kill people at the bottom of the stairs. Unheard of without slugs. When I bought the Hacksaws, they had bigger magazines, faster fire rates, and maybe faster reloads, but they got whacked with the nerf bat. Not sure if I would buy them now.
Old 2014-03-06, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'd like Slugs on my Jackhammer and Canister.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion