A Glorious Day for Planetside - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Public spammer uniform?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-26, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Thumbs up A Glorious Day for Planetside

Damn. Today was great. Populations were higher than they've been in years. We had ~650+ players on all day, poplocks on multiple continents, successful raids... everything.

The day started off with TR having every continent but Oshur (only happens when no one is on to stop them ) Eventually Basti, I, and other CR5's I forgot, along with the whole empire, staged a massive raid in the Sanctuary. We had about five full galaxies, a swarm of mosquitos and reavers, a few handfuls of mags, a few AMS, and lodestars. It was beautiful, like back in 2004. As soon as we flew to the warpgate Basti commanded us to Eadon. Nearly right when we all zoned in there was a VS population lock. We took down the tubes, set up CE... didn't take long for the TR to TRIPLE gal drop us. We mowed them down rather easily. They somehow repaired the tubes and pushed up the the lobby, where we held them until the hack went through... took us forever to flush them out of the generator. We eventually took the entire continent, ending with Dagda being held by NC (as usual) but t'was not long before they were kicked off the continent.

After that, we recalled again, set up another raid with about the same amount of units. This time the target was Tumas, to kick the NC in the balls for Forseral. (that interfarm lasted WAY too long) We swarmed to the warpgate and the command was issued to head to Tumas. Gal after gal, troops dropped onto the CC. Within a minute the tubes were down, the CC was hacked and we had the reavers/Galaxy gunships destroy everything in sight. It didn't take long for the NC to show up, but apart from a couple of orbital strikes, nothing of theirs got into the CY. Tumas was ours.

We were preparing to push down to Sungrey. I had a near full galaxy ready to go, and seconds after I opened my map to determine a course, a Liberator swiftly destroyed us. LOLs then ensued from everyone. Meanwhile we realized we weren't making any ground with this unorganized footzerg running to Sungrey, so Basti and I called a Mag column to be organized in front of the vehicle bay. It was pretty incredible. We had 18 magriders with gunners, ALL greenies (randoms), and we still somehow stayed organized. We pushed into the CY of Sungrey, sweeping mines and destroying everything. Didn't take long for people to start EMPing us... we were so bunched up it was helpless. We all died violent deaths.

Second time around was better, we swung around the side, over the hill, and behind the tower. In unision we all powered through the Vanguards and Reavers, someone EMP'd the front gate and we pushed in. We took the CY after a few minutes. We got an AMS in and began the push inside. It took a while but we eventually reached the tubes, and the hack was halfway through.

We haven't seen fights like this in a long time. I'm hoping it continues like this until Planetside has its final breath.

TL;DR: Today was pretty fucking awesome.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion