Spitfires - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hammer for Jesus 2012.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-10-10, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
theknits
Private

Re: Spitfires

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
The worse elements of gaming, is the doing exactly what you want. The best thing that can happen to MMOFPS gaming is to move away from COD and move towards a game that has higher dimensional tactical and strategic elements. You want to stick to the 1990's where all you do is run and gun all the time, than you have a plethora of shooters to shoot from.
Have you tried strategy games? Sounds like that's what your after. Hordes of units acting on their own with minimal input required from you. You know maybe we should remove the players altogether and just sit down and watch a simulation.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by theknits View Post
Have you tried strategy games? Sounds like that's what your after. Hordes of units acting on their own with minimal input required from you. You know maybe we should remove the players altogether and just sit down and watch a simulation.
So that's your criteria for what should be in the game: "Has to have maximum input by the player". Wow, how not interesting.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
theknits
Private

So that's your criteria for what should be in the game: "Has to have maximum input by the player". Wow, how not interesting.
If I wanted to interface with ai Id play a singleplayer game.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

If I wanted to interface with ai Id play a singleplayer game.
We can all float around, drop out of the sky, bunny hop around each other showing off leet skillz under no context whatsoever other than Capture The Flag. Weeeee. How interesting. Weeeee.

Other games where you float around and spawn stuff under no context whatsoever: Gary's Mod. Weeeeee.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
theknits
Private

We can all float around, drop out of the sky, bunny hop around each other showing off leet skillz under no context whatsoever other than Capture The Flag. Weeeee. How interesting. Weeeee.

Other games where you float around and spawn stuff under no context whatsoever: Gary's Mod. Weeeeee.
Sorry to be the one to break it to you but putting down a turret doesn't add any context.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Sorry to be the one to break it to you but putting down a turret doesn't add any context.
Context = Defense, Area Denial, Fieldworks. An alternative tactic to Frontal Sssault, which is all you can do in a FPS game these days.

Context in your typical FPS game: Capture The Flag. Ooooh. Whoopy fricking do, go defend the flag, OOOoooh. Been there done that.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-10-10 at 04:27 PM.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
theknits
Private

Context = Defense, Area Denial, Fieldworks. An alternative tactic to Frontal Sssault, which is all you can do in a FPS game these days.
A player can perform all of those turret functions plus movement. Turns out its many times more complex that way.

Context in your typical FPS game: Capture The Flag. Ooooh. Whoopy fricking do, go defend the flag, OOOoooh. Been there done that.
Your the one that brought up a flag. Turrets neither add nor remove game objectives.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault