Alliance treaty of peace in game systhem and status ! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because Purple Owns You
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-11, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

Alliance treaty of peace in game systhem and status !

I would like to know if u guys think thats a alliance and treaty of peace can be a good idea for preventing one faction to be to overpower i mean for exemple if TR start to have the most populated factions and take 80 to 90 % of the entire map I think Vs and NC should have the option to colaborate temporarily to bring back many territorys

and an In game alliance or treaty of peace depending on certain conditions could be nice ! i think
Old 2012-04-11, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Alliance treaty of peace in game systhem and status !

I don't think it's a good idea or even necessary. This would just create overhead, unnecessary hierarchy and command issues. It's like creating a bureaucracy game inside the game.

When situations reach such a critical point, it means there was collusion between 2 empires already.

Why do you think a formalized alliance system (when there is only 3 empires...) would work better than having players just restart using their brains ?

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-04-11 at 05:06 PM.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
moosepoop
Captain

this wont be neccesary. in ps1 when one faction becomes dominant the other two would naturally fight against it.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sgt Shultz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I would like to know if u guys think thats a alliance and treaty of peace can be a good idea for preventing one faction to be to overpower i mean for exemple if TR start to have the most populated factions and take 80 to 90 % of the entire map I think Vs and NC should have the option to colaborate temporarily to bring back many territorys

and an In game alliance or treaty of peace depending on certain conditions could be nice ! i think
I don't think this would work in the manner as intended even if it did get put in place. I could easily see the strongest empire cutting a deal with one of the other two to completely push the third back to sanc, and dividing the territory up based on prior negotiations.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Informal alliances and cease fires are really as far as it should go. Additional command tools and community support should be there to help players organize within their own faction and that's it. Keeping alliances "unofficial" is more true to the nature of the game. It's not a tactic that should be used lightly or every day and the tools (or lack there of) should reflect this.

You will never be able to stop two underdog sides from ganging up on a dominant side, nor should you, but neither should it be encouraged in any way. Leave it up to the players to do as they see fit.

An official alliance would either penalize underdog A from attacking someone from underdog B (with grief points or what have you), or at least would cause a lot of bad blood and possibly griefing. With the alliance being informal, underdogs still have the option to attack each other and must rely on nothing more than their own best interests to avoid doing so.

This is more in line with the rabid hatred these three sides are supposed to have towards one another. Two sides my call a temporary loose treaty, but it will never be enough to stop random soldiers from taking pot shots at each other.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
RNFB
First Sergeant

I would rather swallow a plasma cartridge than work with either the TR or NC
Old 2012-04-11, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

If they keep a Population Incentive system like what already exists in Planetside, this will never be a problem.

When a Empire becomes overpopulated on eaither the World or Continent (or both) That empire starts getting Penalties for being so overpopulated. (Spawn Time, EXP gain, Vehicle Aquisition, HART and even NTU penalties.) And the underpopulated empires get Bonuses to those areas (I believe Global and Continent benefits stack too.). This encourages players to sign onto another Empire or go to a different cont to fight to balance out the empires populations.

I think the system worked really well and dosent really need to be tweaked at all, though they would have to change NTU/HART bonus/penatlies to Resources and the like. Since neither exists, unless the bring sancs/HARTs back. (Hopefully)
Old 2012-04-11, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
I would rather swallow a plasma cartridge than work with either the TR or NC
How about some shotgun shells? they're free courtesy of the Junkyard Empire :P
Old 2012-04-11, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SgtMAD
Captain

this has already been done and we don't need any help making it happen again.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Purple
Sergeant Major

we see it all the time in PS1 where the VS and TR team up to attempt to push the NC back, due to the fact that were the only ones who can still consistencly take over everything.
Old 2012-04-11, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
we see it all the time in PS1 where the VS and TR team up to attempt to push the NC back, due to the fact that were the only ones who can still consistencly take over everything.
About the only empire I remember rarely having two sides team up against were the TR back when Planetside had populations that mattered. Both VS and NC got ganged up on all the time. Even the TR got double teamed a decent number of times.

Maybe it was the shitty weapons the TR were always stuck with, much as I loved me some looted cyclers, MCGs and Strikers.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
subchucK
Private

If TR (or any faction for this matter) own 80-90 percent of the map, I would expect it to be a 2v1 at that point without any kind of agreement needed.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

the way continents are designed, this will happen anyway, if one faction controls 90% of the land on a content, then they expose themselfs fully on 2 fronts. since the other 2 factions are then separated from eachother.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-11, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

No thanks, there is no peace on Auraxis.

EVER
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-04-12, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
this has already been done and we don't need any help making it happen again.
I already unofficial treaty was made but i just talk about a formal one so the Noobs who get in will exactly know thats they would have to atack for exemple TR if they are overpower and overpopulate and will not be focus on vanu and so on !

there will be 2000 players per continents so people have to have a straigh line on whats to do its not like the original planetside where just a elite was there after a while and mostly all clans ...

i think at least official treaty can solve the thing and when the overpower empire get back to a 50 % - territory controle the aliance is broke and thing are going the way they are use to

100 % war

its just a idea because i dont want people to quit the game because they feel on empire is to imbalenced

i would like the idea of having a chanlenge or even dominate the entire maps but most people will find it annoying and bad so the players count will drastikely drop and planetside F2P will die quickly since we really need a huge players base to filled those continents
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion