The oldest bug. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sony killed my dog, mugged me, and cancelled Christmas. Hax.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-10, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

The oldest bug.

Okay, /re bug is just beyond annoying... Does anyone have a clue on what causes it? It's in the game since the Tech Test and it NEVER got fixed. /re chat is one of the most important, yet buggy as shit.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The oldest bug.

It WAS fixed, at least as far as I know.
To me it's one of the most important bug as it effects multiple people vis a vis their ability to coordinate.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-02-10, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
It WAS fixed, at least as far as I know.
To me it's one of the most important bug as it effects multiple people vis a vis their ability to coordinate.
Today on Miller, I come to Mao and guess what?

"/re Support needed at Vertical Shield Gen." Enter
- Huh, WTF?.. Oh, crap...
"/y Support needed at Vertical Shield Gen." Enter
You: Support needed at Vertical Shield Gen.
[RandomVSDude]: Lol, okay...

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-02-10, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
RSphil
Contributor
Major

yup iv been going on about /RE since beta. tweeted the devs about it and they said they would look into it. that was over a month ago. it stupid that is doesn't work in a game that wants team work. hard WHEN YOU CANT SPEAK TO YOUR FECKING TEAM. iv given up on /re. i use in game voice and if no one listens i let them die. i think /re works 1% of the time atm. makes me mad.
Old 2013-02-10, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Riekopo
Sergeant

Very annoying
Old 2013-02-10, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

Indeed. It worked for a while in beta, but got broken (again?) close to release. It's very, very annoying.
Old 2013-02-11, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Forgive the devs. they are really busy and have to set some priorities. atm they are focusing on the most important issues like producing shinny helmets for the shop or connecting your stats to FB. Therefore no time left for shit as /re. Haha.
Old 2013-02-11, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

I know your post was sarcasm but the PS2 team is pretty huge. There's all sorts of people working on that cosmetic stuff in no way related to game design/coding.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-11, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I was always under the impression that /re only worked if you have control of the location ( This also includes if they have taken some points, so during a defense as as well ).

If you are an attacker, it does not work.
Old 2013-02-11, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
I was always under the impression that /re only worked if you have control of the location ( This also includes if they have taken some points, so during a defense as as well ).

If you are an attacker, it does not work.
Nope... My quote of the chat is from when I was a defender.

Old 2013-02-11, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Yeah, an /re fix is badly needed really soon.

Also, but not as urgent, I'd kill for a 2nd customisable chat window. Outfit/Platoon and Squad in one window and the rest in a different window. Dragging and dropping chat tabs around the screen would rock. Stretching out the windows so I can see more. Don't worry about cluttering up the HUD SOE devs, I'll worry about that, but give me the option at least.

Proper combat logs would be nice too.
Old 2013-02-11, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Qwan
Captain

Does anyone get the bug were the screen starts to flicker, as you move your mouse. I get this alot as well as outfit mates, infact yesterday we all got hit with it at about the same time. I usually just stand still for about 30 seconds to a minute and it goes away. Does anyone else get this, or is this a connection issue.
Old 2013-02-11, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Does anyone get the bug were the screen starts to flicker, as you move your mouse. I get this alot as well as outfit mates, infact yesterday we all got hit with it at about the same time. I usually just stand still for about 30 seconds to a minute and it goes away. Does anyone else get this, or is this a connection issue.
I got it when i was playing every day. I'd be playing for an hour or so, and all of a sudden, if I looked one way, my screen would flicker into various shapes and things.

i.e.: I'd look in the direction of a friendly sunderer, and I'd get these flashes of solid gray in the shapes of triangles and such and could not see where i was going. But if I looked a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of an inch, everything would look fine.

I usually re-logged to fix it and if that didn't work, I restarted my computer (even though I only had to restart my computer once out of like, 10-20 times?) It's probably something having to do with something that happened when you installed the game. I re-installed the game and it worked fine afterwards.
Old 2013-02-12, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Hopefully this all helped you out.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion