Magrider Balancing - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Two drink minimum.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-31, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chris Talon
Private

Magrider Balancing

Hi there,

so now that the Magrider got it's strafing ability completely back, when are they going to balance the tank ? It needs the armor nerf that was talked about before the mobility thing - it really should have the weakest armor of all the MBTs in the game !

People already think it has anyway - it's one of the most mentioned "Moan and bitch" thing in threads trying to preserve magrider op.

What do you think ?

Cya
T
Old 2013-03-31, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Magrider Balancing

We've the Striker now. Let them try to dodge.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-31, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The vs is in a precarious position atm. Underpopped on most servers i think the vanu need a powerful magrider to be competitive. I say, buff the mag a little more.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
We've the Striker now. Let them try to dodge.
Its amazing how everyone forgets the M9 Skep launcher. Its been since launch and has many benefits over the Striker, againist armour ill still goto my SKEP over the striker every time.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-31, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
PredatorFour
Major

strikers are badass against my mag and scythe, sometimes it doesn't even tell you they are locked on!

And the mag still needs some love, it sure as hell don't need a nerf!
Old 2013-03-31, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Assist
Contributor
Major

Nerfing the Magrider the first time did wonders for the game. Clearly made a better expeirence for everyone when the VS stopped logging in or switched factions. Waiting 2 months to change it back was brilliant as well, just enough time for those who switched factions to not want to switch back.
Old 2013-03-31, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Its amazing how everyone forgets the M9 Skep launcher. Its been since launch and has many benefits over the Striker, againist armour ill still goto my SKEP over the striker every time.
The SKEP is still okay, but for the amount of rockets I'll take the Striker every time.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-31, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chris Talon View Post
Hi there,

so now that the Magrider got it's strafing ability completely back, when are they going to balance the tank ? It needs the armor nerf that was talked about before the mobility thing - it really should have the weakest armor of all the MBTs in the game !

People already think it has anyway - it's one of the most mentioned "Moan and bitch" thing in threads trying to preserve magrider op.

What do you think ?

Cya
T
It already has the weakest armour of the 3 MBTs...
Old 2013-03-31, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
It already has the weakest armour of the 3 MBTs...
Same armour as the Prowler, afaik.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-03-31 at 11:07 AM.
Old 2013-03-31, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chris Talon
Private

The armor thing is one of the biggest misinformations in the game - I think Vanu players simply spam that bs to try to protect their op...

But seriously, it should have the weakest armor, weaker than the prowler ! That would balance out it's immense advantage over the other tanks at greater ranges.
Old 2013-03-31, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

That Magmowers lost some of that advantage when they buffed the velocity for HEAT and AP rounds.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-31, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Chris Talon View Post
The armor thing is one of the biggest misinformations in the game - I think Vanu players simply spam that bs to try to protect their op...

But seriously, it should have the weakest armor, weaker than the prowler ! That would balance out it's immense advantage over the other tanks at greater ranges.
I'd try and explain why its not OP to you, but you're already so biased against it that there isn't any point.

I'm not sure why you called this thread 'Magrider Balancing' as you're clearly not looking for a discussion. You're looking for people to flame because you've been killed by a Mag one too many times.

People seem to forget the massive weaknesses the Magrider has vs the other tanks every time this comes up. Both the Prowler and the Vanguard have turrets, where as the Mag's gun is fixed - so you need to turn the whole tank to shoot at something. In a game where the back armour of a tank is far weaker than the front, thats a very big deal.

But yeah, whatever - Magrider is OP nerd rage nerd rage nerd rage.
Old 2013-03-31, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
igster
Sergeant

Disagree completely with this.

I do think, however, that the locational damage model just doesn't work with tanks. I like 1/2 shotting tanks and the idea of flanking targets to gain an advantage, however, I do not think that it provides for good balance.

The tracked vehicles are too disadvantaged.

Bring back PS1 armour battles where all tanks could escape and evade by driving at maximum speed away from a battle as well as towards it. The prowlers and vanguards basically find it hard evading incoming damage since they cannot drive at full speed away from a battle using terrain - they have to reverse out of battles.

1/2 shotting enemy vehicles feels great but overall is a major source of imbalance.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The heart and soul of the vanu was the magrider. When it was stripped of its tremendous power and then nerfed to hell it really broke the vs spirit. Lets give the mag some of that power back and perhaps the barneys will fill their ranks again. I would like a gud fight with them again.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It's an interesting topic. We haven't lost any membership over it, but we certainly don't run mag columns any more. Whether it's substantive or psychological - who can say.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion