Nerf the NC MAX. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: why are you looking at these?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-05, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

Nerf the NC MAX.

They nerfed the Magrider because it was unfair, to the point that it's the least spawned tank (imo). They nerfed the TRAC-5 to make it more fair with the other two factions. Why is the biggest imbalance in the game since release, the NC MAX, still left alone? I don't want to hear arguments about the range of it, the same style of argument could be used for the Magrider and TRAC-5.

They want to make the game full of mediocrity why don't they do it for all factions?

For those of you who played DAoC, does this not scream of the Left Axe nerf? Do the right thing SoE. Nerf the LA(not that one)
Old 2013-02-05, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: Nerf the NC MAX.

I honestly don't see what's so scary about the NC MAX. The other day I went on a rampage and killed like 6 of them in 10 minutes in a biolab (LA with C4), including two at once who I flanked because my numbnut teammates thought it was a good idea to charge them head on in a tiny room.

Even without the power of the jetpacking Santa, they're not hard to kill with a rocket launcher or a grenade launcher (both take like two hits to kill one).

If anything, that's an argument for MAXes in general being underpowered.

That said, i've said before if you want to nerf scattercannons, take off some damage in exchange for a bit more range (so they aren't totally useless).
Old 2013-02-05, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Nc scat maxes need a buff, they are absolutely worthless outside of 10 meters.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
I honestly don't see what's so scary about the Magrider. The other day I went on a rampage and killed like 6 of them in 10 minutes in a Amp Station (LA with C4), including two at once who I flanked because my numbnut teammates thought it was a good idea to charge them head on in a tiny room.

Even without the power of the jetpacking Santa, they're not hard to kill with a rocket launcher or a tank mine (both take like two hits to kill one).

If anything, that's an argument for Magriders in general being underpowered.

That said, i've said before if you want to nerf the Magrider cannons, take off some damage in exchange for a bit more range (so they aren't totally useless).
Like I said, I don't want these kind of arguments that could of been used in the same manner against the other nerfs.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I've never felt OP in the NC MAX. But then I spend more time in every other class.

Old 2013-02-05, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

There is no need to nerf it, it's useless if you are farther than 10m away. You could say I'm biased because I'm NC, but I would totally use a cycler max anytime. BTW, did those get a buff? They became really dangerous lately.

BTW, you can't say " I'm not listening to that argument" just because you want to.

.sent via phone.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-05 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Like I said, I don't want these kind of arguments that could of been used in the same manner against the other nerfs.
It's a completely different situation, though. An NC MAX's weakness is distance, unless you purposely run up in its face it's not going to do much to you.

A Magrider's weakness, on the other hand, is close up. Good luck even getting near the thing unless the driver screws up and gets into a close quarters environment (hardly a massive weakness for a Magrider, considering all tanks have that weakness), especially pre-patch when they could perch on cliff faces infantry couldn't even get up.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
It's a completely different situation, though. An NC MAX's weakness is distance, unless you purposely run up in its face it's not going to do much to you.

A Magrider's weakness, on the other hand, is close up. Good luck even getting near the thing unless the driver screws up and gets into a close quarters environment (hardly a massive weakness for a Magrider, considering all tanks have that weakness), especially pre-patch when they could perch on cliff faces infantry couldn't even get up.
The NC MAX's disadvantage is range. Good luck getting a ranged advantage in a Biolab.. or close quarters situation like towers or tech labs... which is the only situation you would see the scattermax. Since they are beast mode at close range.

See... that is the circle arguement he is saying he doesn't want to hear. Magriders and TRAC-5 had disadvantages just like the scattermax. Didn't matter, people complained enough and they were nerfed. So why can't the scattermax be nerfed to be more like other Maxs? Why is the VS max terrible at everything? Everyone wants everything to be homogenized. Time the scattermax is brought down to the same standards instead of adjusting things up like they should have done at the start. I'm with the OP on this one. Down with the scattermax and screw arguements because in the end SOE will do what the people want.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Running into an NC MAX around a corner is a fun panic situation. Seeing an NC max down the hall is easy pickings. Even in a biolab there's lots of distance that makes the NC max nearly useless. Being an insane death machine really close up is OK in that context.
...A lot of games get up-close DPS balance screwed up because they fail to account for damage-dealt-in-closing (see EVE and blasters). I think they did it right here.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stellarthief
Corporal

I feel like the NC max is fine. If I run into one and die, I feel like its my own fault more than it being OP in any way.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dragonskin
Major

Before people come at me... I feel this way largely because the playerbase is slowly asking for all faction differencies to be erased and everything be the same. Tired of it, just get it done with if that is the path they are going to go.. otherwise SOE needs to put a foot down and tell people that factions are supposed to have uniqueness to them to make them stand out... if it isn't exactly fair.. then tough. I have a feeling that in 3 months or so the factions will all be the same.. nothing special besides color scheme and weapon animations.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Nc scat maxes need a buff, they are absolutely worthless outside of 10 meters.
This 10m myth is laughable. Try 20-25m. Unless I've been going up against a shit load of aimbotters, I'm dead before I can even hit Shift to sprint the hell out of there.

And the rate you can obliterate Maxes with ANTI INFANTRY weaponry....
no, you don't get a buff.

Old 2013-02-05, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
superseohyun
Private

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
The NC MAX's disadvantage is range. Good luck getting a ranged advantage in a Biolab.. or close quarters situation like towers or tech labs... which is the only situation you would see the scattermax. Since they are beast mode at close range.

See... that is the circle arguement he is saying he doesn't want to hear. Magriders and TRAC-5 had disadvantages just like the scattermax. Didn't matter, people complained enough and they were nerfed. So why can't the scattermax be nerfed to be more like other Maxs? Why is the VS max terrible at everything? Everyone wants everything to be homogenized. Time the scattermax is brought down to the same standards instead of adjusting things up like they should have done at the start. I'm with the OP on this one. Down with the scattermax and screw arguements because in the end SOE will do what the people want.
why cant you get ranged advantage in biolab, towers and tech labs? i dont understand. Because max is slow, it should be relatively easy get out of its effective range. If it camp inside a room, well, grenade.
regarding the Magriders, they have advantage at where most tank battle takes place(lol good luck get out of their effective range), thus they can pull out K/D ratio 2-3 times greater than other MBTs. Does NC Max have advantage at where most infantry battle takes place? i dont think so.
However i agree that VS max need buff to their AI weapon... that accuracy...
edit: scat TTK on Max is questionable though.

Last edited by superseohyun; 2013-02-05 at 10:10 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

The NC MAX's disadvantage is range. Good luck getting a ranged advantage in a Biolab..
Uh yeah.. No problem, smart players outrun me all the time. I only kill the stupid ones in masses.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Stellarthief
Corporal

Before people come at me... I feel this way largely because the playerbase is slowly asking for all faction differencies to be erased and everything be the same. Tired of it, just get it done with if that is the path they are going to go.. otherwise SOE needs to put a foot down and tell people that factions are supposed to have uniqueness to them to make them stand out... if it isn't exactly fair.. then tough. I have a feeling that in 3 months or so the factions will all be the same.. nothing special besides color scheme and weapon animations.
Do you understand where they are coming from though?

With the way the game is designed certain differences turn into basic advantages in certain situations. These situations come more often for these people than the other situations where their opponents have disadvantages.

Example is the NCmax. A beast in CQC. If all people do is get into CQC I would understand why they think its OP. If all people do is long/medium range out doors, I can see how the magrider is OP.

With the short TTK in the game I understand how people feel bursty weapons are better than non bursty weapons.

If you dont want to snipe, until now that the SMGs came out, many were unsatisfied with the "balance" of infils and their lackluster role.

It's all a perspective thing about what aspects of the game you are playing imo. Many things in this game have the advantage in situation a, but disadvantage in b. But you spend most of your time in either a or b, not both equally.
I personally try to get into as much CQC/medium range combat as I can as I mostly play LA with carbine. When I find myself at medium/long range or open field combat I die way too much and don't enjoy the game (everything OPs me when I run through open field with a carbine and cant kill anything), so I avoid it. I don't complain that bla bla is OP or I am UP.

The only way to appease the masses is to make everything the same. But the game loses it's identity like that and just becomes a big shooter where faction is chosen based upon what colour your tights are...

I hope the game retains the uniqueness.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion