Planetside 2 XP Farming...Is it gonna be easy to do? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Caution: Vanguard on Duty
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-30, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Planetside 2 XP Farming/Boosting...Is it gonna be easy to do?

I was just wondering about this....I dont remember people farming in Planetside 1 but I could be wrong.

Anyways since it seems people will spawn quite fast and their's squad respond via dropships....I was wondering if it is gonna be easy to XP Farm.

Personally I find the idea boring but seeing how some CoD players and MMO players do stuff to farm/boost and reach prestige or get accomplishments or whatever...It seems some people will do this so it could become an annoying problem.

Of course this won't make a person Overpowered like in other MMO games....Just have more access to stuff which could mean they could still suck at being a pilot or being a max,etc.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-05-30 at 06:53 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 XP Farming...Is it gonna be easy to do?

There were a lot of farming in Planetside. Tower farming to be precise. You could only get major exp by killing vet or players who didn't die that often. Farming the same player will result in low exp. So for example: You usually get around 1000-1600 per kill from vets,(I could be wrong though). While you only get around 50 or so exp from farming the same player. Not sure how the exp is going to be implemented in PS2, but I'm pretty sure they will adjust it accordingly. But you're right about ppl farming to get cosmetics from the shop. But it wasn't a big problem in PS1, so no worries .
Old 2012-05-30, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
fried
Private

ppl farming galaxy spawners is fine, just done respawn there. in ps1 it was done every single time u entered a base in the form of respawn tube camping, sooooo yeah it was def in ps1
Old 2012-05-30, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SKYeXile
Major General

its a great concern of mine, been the statistics whore that I am that there will be people out there attempting to smurf or pad stats or just farm XP through various exploits.

Firstly they need to eliminate the possibility to spawncamp fixed spawn locations as some godjoeys made names for themselves doing it. Painfeilds again is a good start.

Secondly i think they really need to considering bring back variable XP. for those that dont know the amount of XP you earned from a kill iin PS1 s proportional to how long that player has been alive and what armour they were wearing, it caps out at a certain amount, but a standard infantry kill could be worth from 0-800...(0 was a for a kill where the person would not have even rendered you yet as they;re still re spawning)

i dont think the concern somuch is farming bads over and over again, but players setting up XP grinds(if you would call it that), like this:

now i see this as been totally possible in PS2 because of medics and revives, not to the extreme because they're exploiting nemesis XP, but I think you could certainly do it. also PS1 is free, so you could prob set something up like this by yourself, or with a buddy.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-30, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fuse
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Firstly they need to eliminate the possibility to spawncamp fixed spawn locations as some godjoeys made names for themselves doing it. Painfeilds again is a good start.

Secondly i think they really need to considering bring back variable XP. for those that dont know the amount of XP you earned from a kill iin PS1 s proportional to how long that player has been alive and what armour they were wearing, it caps out at a certain amount, but a standard infantry kill could be worth from 0-800...(0 was a for a kill where the person would not have even rendered you yet as they;re still re spawning)

i dont think the concern somuch is farming bads over and over again, but players setting up XP grinds(if you would call it that)
Pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. I don't think they can completely eliminate set-up spawn camps (get on TS with a friend, they log in an alt account, you both fly a gal to the middle of no where and go to town), but between variable XP and increasing spawn delay (like PS1) I think it can be minimized with out too much hassle... Though they'd still have bots to deal with, but that's a bigger issue.

Last edited by Fuse; 2012-05-30 at 05:54 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
CutterJohn
Colonel

Hopefully. I want to max out BR fast so I don't have to worry about that aspect anymore. Best portion of PS1 was when you hit max level and could completely stop worrying about efficiency and do odd cloaker stuff without worry.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

Honestly i couldnt care less if some idiots want to boost XP or whatever. There isnt much to gain and in the end they will still suck in a real fight.

In BF3 on the other hand, you get better equiptment, perks etc and gain an advantage. But even with that in mind i dont care too much. If they want to waste their time doing the most boring task on the planet be my guest.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Last edited by dachlatte; 2012-05-30 at 06:17 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

now i see this as been totally possible in PS2 because of medics and revives, not to the extreme because they're exploiting nemesis XP, but I think you could certainly do it. also PS1 is free, so you could prob set something up like this by yourself, or with a buddy.
All they need to do is put in a system like PS1's.

The longer a character is alive, the more XP you get for killing them.

A character 5 minutes old with zero kills will get you 30xp.

One alive for 30 with 15 kills will get you 5000.

This number is reset as soon as the character dies, so a just revived character will be worth a mere pittance.

Problem solvered.

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-05-30 at 06:17 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Fuse
Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Best portion of PS1 was when you hit max level and could completely stop worrying about efficiency and do odd cloaker stuff without worry.
Why isn't this how you play all the time? Do what's fun. The level system is just a carrot and stick there to keep you playing if your interest wanes.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by ZeroOneZero View Post
There were a lot of farming in Planetside. Tower farming to be precise. You could only get major exp by killing vet or players who didn't die that often. Farming the same player will result in low exp. So for example: You usually get around 1000-1600 per kill from vets,(I could be wrong though). While you only get around 50 or so exp from farming the same player. Not sure how the exp is going to be implemented in PS2, but I'm pretty sure they will adjust it accordingly. But you're right about ppl farming to get cosmetics from the shop. But it wasn't a big problem in PS1, so no worries .
Yeah I think ur right, I do remember people being worth less than others...

So far tho I only seen +100 xp when killing people in planetside 2.

I thing is different now...Gamers these days do stuff to get achivements, or get a badge next to their name, is kind of weird but I feel it will become a problem.

All they need to do is put in a system like PS1's.

The longer a character is alive, the more XP you get for killing them.

A character 5 minutes old with zero kills will get you 30xp.

One alive for 30 with 15 kills will get you 5000.

This number is reset as soon as the character dies, so a just revived character will be worth a mere pittance.

Problem solvered.
Could work depending on how much xp somebody is worth when they are revive and if the game can track people killing revive ppl...so if a person kills 20 revive ppl then they shouldn't be worth much.

I feel like soe is gonna make everybody worth +100.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dreamcast
Major

its a great concern of mine, been the statistics whore that I am that there will be people out there attempting to smurf or pad stats or just farm XP through various exploits.

i dont think the concern somuch is farming bads over and over again, but players setting up XP grinds(if you would call it that), like this:

Battlefield 3 - BF3 Boosting - Nemesis Boosting - 8 million+ Exp lobby - HD - Fastest way to rank-up - YouTube

LMAO thats what I had in mind at the beggining of this thread except I forgot medics could revive so people so that could be exactly like the video

Imagine if SOE gives headshots extra xp then revive xp which Im sure will be included in the game.....could be a good farm.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

No... Because I will find your farming ass and show you my gauss rifle..

In all seriousness there will be some. Tower assaults in PS1 where a form of farming I believe will see that again. Shall I mention the interfarms?? Hehe.. With more players ingame this go around I personally think it will be a hell of a lot easier to farm xp. since there will be plenty more soft targets in the field compared to before. Not to mention the plentiful supply newer players to PS that will provide a nice xp boost.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-05-30 at 06:51 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
LMAO thats what I had in mind at the beggining of this thread except I forgot medics could revive so people so that could be exactly like the video

Imagine if SOE gives headshots extra xp then revive xp which Im sure will be included in the game.....could be a good farm.
can you clarify what sort of farming you;re talking about please, some people are under the impression you're implying farming XP by playing as a normal player, but you're specifically talking about exploiting mechanics like in the nemesis grinding video i linked, correct?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-05-30 at 06:50 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dreamcast
Major

can you clarify what sort of farming you;re talking about please, some people are under the impression you're implying farming XP by playing as a normal player, but you're specifically talking about exploiting mechanics like in the nemesis grinding video i linked, correct?
Thats exactly what Im talking about..I guess is called boosting
Old 2012-05-30, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I see, your talking similar to what they did in COD? Killing the same guy over and over again for the nuke unlock?

No, I don't think it will be a problem. In ps1 if you remember the more frequent you killed the same player the less xp he was worth. Besides, going that route is to much of a hassle and the moment you get caught might as well say goodbye to your character.

Now my one fear for a possible xp exploit is missions. Who says I can't just pick some random tower in the middle of no where and send a group of guys out there to repeatedly take areas not contested for xp. I'm really waiting to hear some more about how missions will work/ get my hands on it.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion