How big is accedental Team Killing gonna be? Possible solutions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What should SOE do about aceedental Team killing?
Nothing....Don't put special assist...Please don't ruin Immersion 57 50.00%
Put outlines on enemies so they can distinguish(Makes night battles worthless) 2 1.75%
Lessen the Grief system so new players won't get punished 7 6.14%
Tougher Grief System so people will learn how not to kill friendlies 67 58.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-11, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

How big is accedental Team Killing gonna be? Possible solutions

Looking at the E3 footage we saw a lot of Team killing.

Sure people didn't know how to play but lets be honest, this a Free 2 Play game...Theirs gonna be a lot of people who don't know how to play playing all the time.

Add the Fact that TTK is kinda of low, and Team killing could be a problem when their is 2000 people fighting in a continent.

I mean bomb falling everywhere, not being able to distinguish foe from friends....Is gonna be real easy to team kill.

I just think is the nature of the game....2000 people= chaos so I think people need to deal with it.

Of course their is going to be Team killers like me who will take the advantage of the situation of tking and tk on purpose.

So do you guys think SOE needs to implement something things to make Team killing not a problem or just leave it how it is.

I kind of want them to just leave the game how it is...I don't want any kind of special assit or forgiveness for tking...

For people comparing saying to keep the same type of griefing system....Well it must be adjusted...TTK is way too low in Planetside 2 compared to Planetside 1....Team killing will be way easier from what it seems like.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-06-11 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: How big is accedental Team Killing gonna be? Possible solutions

Planetsides grief system was good enough imo.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jownzorz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Looking at the E3 footage we saw a lot of Team killing.

Sure people didn't know how to play but lets be honest, this a Free 2 Play game...Theirs gonna be a lot of people who don't know how to play playing all the time.

Add the Fact that TTK is kinda of low, and Team killing could be a problem when their is 2000 people fighting in a continent.

I mean bomb falling everywhere, not being able to distinguish foe from friends....Is gonna be real easy to team kill.

I just think is the nature of the game....2000 people= chaos so I think people need to deal with it.

Of course their is going to be Team killers like me who will take the advantage of the situation of tking and tk on purpose.

So do you guys think SOE needs to implement something things to make Team killing not a problem or just leave it how it is.

I kind of want them to just leave the game how it is...I don't want any kind of special assit or forgiveness for tking.
Too lazy to find the footage, but the grief system from PS1 will be in place.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Timealude
Captain

most likely the griefing system from PS1 it was pretty effective in making you choose your shots and watch for bombs....only thing is its annoying when a team made runs in front of your vehicle and you get points for tking
Old 2012-06-11, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dreamcast
Major

I know about the grief system but don't you guys think that is gonna be tough when TTK is super low?

I mean guys die really fast now, a carpet bombing placed in the wrong spot can pretty much kill a couple of guys and lock you.

The griefing system needs to adjust to the TTK IMO
Old 2012-06-11, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
RSphil
Contributor
Major

they have said they are implementing systems for constant tk's,, yes you get the odd one i.e if someone runs across your line of fire while you are shooting and the odd stray nade/shell but thats is expected. it will take alot of battlefield awareness to keep your tk ratio low. i always play on servers with ff on so im used to having to watch what i shoot at and check targets before i engage but alot of people wont be. we will just have to be patient and hope people learn fast, and hope the systems for repeated team killers is well implemented.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
neonlazer
Corporal

Fully supply PS1 type of grief..they just need to fix when vehicles hit each other..causing you massive grief for something you had no control over. I would say take vehicles collisions completely out of it..just for shooting instances.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
they have said they are implementing systems for constant tk's,, yes you get the odd one i.e if someone runs across your line of fire while you are shooting and the odd stray nade/shell but thats is expected. it will take alot of battlefield awareness to keep your tk ratio low. i always play on servers with ff on so im used to having to watch what i shoot at and check targets before i engage but alot of people wont be. we will just have to be patient and hope people learn fast, and hope the systems for repeated team killers is well implemented.

But don't you think this the nature of the game....LOW TTK with aircraft bombers which were just confirmed.....seems like Team killing disaster waiting to happen.

Even if players are experienced, it seems like Team killing in this chaotic pace is gonna be way higher than Planetside 1 where it took a couple of hits to die.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-11, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I recall reading about how new accounts will have tougher grief generation.

Though I agree with cyco that the more open facility and tower design will lessen grief compared to PS1. If you avoided those situations it was very easy to stay low on grief.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I recall reading about how new accounts will have tougher grief generation.

Though I agree with cyco that the more open facility and tower design will lessen grief compared to PS1. If you avoided those situations it was very easy to stay low on grief.
Really?...I thought they will make Griefing more of problem.

In Planetside 1, it took a while for people to die unless they were cloak.

In Planetside 2 people die fast.

In planetside 1, since the towers and bases had a closer design, you knew where the enemy was coming from.

In Planetside 2 since is more open, the enemy could be any where and so can friendliess so is hard to distinguish where the enemies are at and where the friendlies are at......This is gonna lead to Team killing with bombers and all those explosions.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
But don't you think this the nature of the game....LOW TTK with aircraft bombers which were just confirmed.....seems like Team killing disaster waiting to happen.

Even if players are experienced, it seems like Team killing in this chaotic pace is gonna be way higher than Planetside 1 where it took a couple of hits to die.
i never played ps 1 but i think it will be higher then normal fps's due the number of players and rounds flying around but i think the system will account for this. if it sees a person has killed like 10 of his team mates in 30 seconds then he should get punished ( and his ass kicked ) but if he kille 10 over say an hour then he should be punished but only a little as its just the mature of the game.

tbh its a hard one to call untill we get alot of people on a server and see how easy it is to identify who you are shooting at ect. as in nearly every post we shall see in beta
Old 2012-06-11, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brusi
Contributor
Major

New players should definitely not get special treatment in the form of LESS grief! Grief for new players should be like 10x more than regular players. Being that the game is F2P~

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-06-11, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Make it so killing teammates takes the resources they lost by dying out of your pool.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
IceJudge
Private

Misc Info

I believe the old system was fine in planetside 1. If it makes a return no worries.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
New players should definitely not get special treatment in the form of LESS grief! Grief for new players should be like 10x more than regular players. Being that the game is F2P~
as a new player to planetside i dont agree. that in my opinion will hurt the faction as they will be too scared to shoot lol. everyone should be treated the same and monitored in some form. as i said above it should be easy to see some purposely tking rarther then the odd blue on blue.

as iv said i always play battlefield on hardcore and i very rarely tk but if new players are tougher regulated if you do get a accidental blue on blue then being punished harder then older players isnt fair.

just my opinion of course. i say treat everyone the same
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion