Interesting areas on map - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everyone has their own opinion, and yours is wrong.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-20, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
JuicyJack
Private

Interesting areas on map

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I like studying maps(in this case PS2 maps) and finding where some pretty cool fights will go on.
For one example on Indar, if you look to the very bottom, there is a sort of "bay" area between the TR and NC. And there is a slim territory of two hexes directly above it. I bet the small two hex territory in between will be a place of a lot of conflict, and I want to see how the two factions use the bay to their advantage.

Find any other neat areas where you think it will get interesting? Please post them here.
Old 2012-06-20, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Re: Interesting areas on map

Beta?
Old 2012-06-20, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

You may enjoy this Jack...

Def looks like there are gonna be some cool areas that will be conducive to good stories.

I just worry that the middle areas will be the primary fight locations and there won't be fights at certain spots, barring any unforeseen ceasefire or severe tactical oversights.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by JuicyJack View Post

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I like studying maps(in this case PS2 maps) and finding where some pretty cool fights will go on.
For one example on Indar, if you look to the very bottom, there is a sort of "bay" area between the TR and NC. And there is a slim territory of two hexes directly above it. I bet the small two hex territory in between will be a place of a lot of conflict, and I want to see how the two factions use the bay to their advantage.

Find any other neat areas where you think it will get interesting? Please post them here.
HA! TR/NC... just F'n wait till the Mags get there, and prowl the bay itself... 'all your bays are belong to us'...

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-06-20 at 08:02 PM.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

We'll see if its worth worrying about when we get into beta

As for that little 2 hex spot, when I look at it on the map without overlay it looks like the little facility is either on top of or inside of a little plateau, accessible by two bridges from opposite directions. That sounds interesting to me!
Old 2012-06-20, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Looking at the map there are plenty of areas where a good outfit could possibly flank an enemy stronghold and cut them off. See how they do without any war resources.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vydofnir
Private

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I just worry that the middle areas will be the primary fight locations and there won't be fights at certain spots, barring any unforeseen ceasefire or severe tactical oversights.
I'm hoping that the resource system will provide incentives for taking the fight to more remote areas of the map. I imagine that the developers would do their best to make sure that every area has strategic value either geographically or economically. If the outfits are doing their jobs well and paying attention to the map, I have no doubt that we will see some interesting battles all over the continent.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
JuicyJack
Private

Thanks all, now to waste my life until beta staring at a map!

Old 2012-06-20, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Toppopia
Major

Def looks like there are gonna be some cool areas that will be conducive to good stories.

We know that the zerg (theres been a massive discussion about this term and i don't know what it means anymore. lol) will go for the middleish areas, it is up to the outfits to scuttle round the left or right and take what is needed.
I am confident in the strategies that teamwork will bring forth. We just need to wait till open beta when there is 2000 fighting.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by JuicyJack View Post

I just really hope that spot is not "out of bounds". That would suck.

Old 2012-06-20, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
I just really hope that spot is not "out of bounds". That would suck.
100% agree... If Vanu manage to push that far, that bay would be a critical location for us, since our immunity to interference from water obstacles is a signature attribute. I suspect that it will be treated like the other water masses I saw on the other maps... I hope anyway.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-06-20 at 08:35 PM.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
That island to the left, if it is not out of bounds would make for some ToD type fun times. Holdout as long as you can. Just bring enough Galaxies and Sundys.. which makes wonder will the Galaxy be able to give the Bus a ride? Sad face if we have no way to transport armor via air.
Given the second map, if it is a later encarnation... then it looks like gilligan's island has been designed out. Hopefully it is still there, though.

Old 2012-06-20, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
HA! TR/NC... just F'n wait till the Mags get there, and prowl the bay itself... 'all your bays are belong to us'...
That looks like high ground to me and any Mags in the bay will just sit in the bay. Dont think the mags will be able to make it inland from there. If anything they will just be targets for NC and TR AV or artillery .

Old 2012-06-20, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bastionhawk
Private

I thought this too. Of course there will be major areas of contention but hopefully the front lines will be dynamic with an equal struggle between the factions.

Also, if you want to fight somewhere less well known then just go there and cause some trouble. I guarantee the defending faction will show up.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Hate to rain on the parade in regards to the "Bay," but it appears to actually be an empty chasm... see 2:00

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion