Systems: Outfit Decal Implementation - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The most fun you can have with your pants off.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-22, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Outfit Decal Implementation

Cross-posted from Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...on_suggestion/

So T-Ray has started churning out some in-game outfit decals, which is awesome. I wanted to submit a suggestion here for a way to implement outfit-specific decals in a way that seems fair for both players and SOE, as it appears SOE doesn't quite have the system nailed down yet.

Obviously, once a player is in an outfit and has access to their decal, if they leave the outfit, they should no longer be able to use that decal. That's only fair to the outfit. For this reason, I think it's impractical to actually buy the individual decals themselves in the Depot. Also, I imagine it would be a mess on the backend for SOE to make some items in the Depot only visible for members of a certain outfit, as some outfits only have a few players. Multiply this by the thousands of outfits and the different servers, and it can be kind of tangly.

Instead, players could buy an "Outfit Decal Access" token, which grants a player access to the outfit decal system as a whole. They are then given the decal for the outfit they are in, and if they join a different outfit, the decal automatically switches to the one for the new outfit and access to the old outfit's decal is removed. Each outfit can have, in their outfit interface, an "outfit decal slot" - the decals approved by SOE can be put directly into that slot for each outfit, cutting out the Depot middleman.

This allows SOE to gain revenue from a constant stream of new players to the game that want to rep their outfit without players feeling cheated that they have to buy a new outfit's logo if they leave (or are kicked). SOE can also charge a small SC fee for outfits to submit their decals for approval and addition to the Outfit Decal System.
Old 2013-05-22, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheAadvark
Corporal

Re: Outfit Decal Implementation

I like it, simple enough in theory. Wonder if the code-work would be troublesome.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I like it. But with the Player Made Decals / Player Studio scheduled to come into play in July, outfits could just use that to make their logo.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I agree with your proposal, Robo.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

I think Outfit Decals are being planned for when SOE eventually get around to expanding the Player Studio for PlanetSide 2...

See you in three years, then

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault