assassinations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have been evicted
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-03, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

assassinations

If you have played halo reach you must already know what i am talking about... the awesomely animated deaths that you can do by coming up behind an enemy and holding down the melee attack button. Now just hitting them in the back is the same as an assassination but it dont show the animation halo calls it a beat down.

I think PS2 should do some kind of assassinations where if your able to get behind your enemy you hold down the melee attack button with your knife out and insta kills them. you may think thats absurd but it is harder to pull off than you think. You may also say but then the cloakers will have too much of an advantage, your wrong there too. Halo Reach has a class that uses active cloaking and it is the same thing as in PS. Still difficult to pull off assassinations.

I just know I heard PS2 will have a melee knife button and i think hits from the back should insta kill and maybe do some cool kind of knife slitting animation.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vancha
Colonel

Re: assassinations

Originally Posted by cashfoyogash View Post
I just know I heard PS2 will have a melee knife button
No you didn't.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
No you didn't.
swears on my lil heart i did. i believe in a post some where in these forums sooooo it could be false. makes sense though all fps games have a quick melee button.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

BF2 doesn't, down goes your "theory"

Anyhow, I don't see assassinations working in a game like this, I could think of many ways it'd be abused.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
If ever implemented, it should not work on Rexo or Max units considering their armor is hellayshish
Id say no to just maxes, rexo should still be vulnerable. Armor has to have weak points some where.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
BF2 doesn't, down goes your "theory"

Anyhow, I don't see assassinations working in a game like this, I could think of many ways it'd be abused.
hmmm didnt play bf2. care to share how itd be abused?
Old 2011-08-03, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

1v1 fights in close quarters would have everyone trying to get behind each other to do this. Camping cloakers can pull it off with ease, and even steal kills when enemies are focused on the grunts. NC will stand in spawn tubes and assassinate people as they spawn in. Etc, etc, etc.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Going to have to agree with Zulthus, I'm not really a fan of a mechanic like this.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-03, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Going to have to agree with Zulthus, I'm not really a fan of a mechanic like this.
Samsies.

It's way too easy for a cloaker to do this. Which would be rather frustrating considering the amount of people available to kill.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

I concur, it would lead anyone and everyone into this craze of always going infiltrator just to try to get behind someone so they can get style points for each kill..

Maybe if they could just implement a 'from behind' death animation that would trigger randomly so that everyone has an equal chance at it.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2011-08-03 at 11:41 AM.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Samsies.

It's way too easy for a cloaker to do this. Which would be rather frustrating considering the amount of people available to kill.
but you do have to take in account the amount of land there will be as well. it isnt a small map where all you have to do is wait in a corner. plus there will probably be something like dark light again. now i do think cloakers would benefit most from this but from my time in halo this was still hard to pull off.

i do see the spawn tube problem as viable though, could def see that happening.

as for the getting behind in 1v1 how is that and lamer than the typical i strafe lefffffffft then righttttt then rightttttt again now leftttttttttt.... etc.

I think the only good point is stuff like spawn tube camping.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zulthus
Colonel

"Indoor fighting"
Old 2011-08-03, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Raymac
Brigadier General

I don't play Halo, but seen enough of it. The animations for this certainly look cool, and actually, I think in an mmo like PS2, it would be fairly balanced out by the fact that the knifer would be vulnerable while the animation is going on since they couldn't react to anything. Now, this might lead to a San Francisco Boof Train of 1 guy after another stabbing each other in the back.

As much as I hate cloakers (just because they kill me so much) I think this would be a cool reward for them putting themselves in a position to perform it.

Old 2011-08-03, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
As much as I hate cloakers (just because they kill me so much) I think this would be a cool reward for them putting themselves in a position to perform it.
They don't really have to put themselves in a position at all. Camp in a corner and wait for someone to turn his back.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
"Indoor fighting"
not everyone will be in that one base plus the bases are suppose to be massive now.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion