ES Gunship/Strike Fighter and Inteceptor - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Farming free-range noobs scince 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-18, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

ES Gunship/Strike Fighter and Inteceptor

Ok just an idea of some Classic Reaver style aircraft that is Empire specific that fits a role between the Mossie and the Lib.

TR Warrior Gunship, Ok who remembers the old Gunship games when you fly the Apache helecopter on Comodore 64, okay back then it was the computer doing the roll of the gunner and you acting as the pilot/gunner. But got me thinking why not have something similar to that. a 2 seater where the gunner is close up and is manueverable as an attack helocopter.

Pilot weapon options, Folding-Fin Rocket Pods which are pilot controled. A2A missles which are pilot controled, helfire round which are guided by lasers and can be set to autofire upon recieving a target.

Gunner weapon options, HEDP chaingun, High Explosive almost liek grenade launcher rounds to just pummel vehicle and infantry targets, or a chaingun/laser targeting package. A chaingun which can be used as an anti infantry weapon or anti air weapon, gunner can switch to a laser which will highlight a target for the pilot's helfire rounds or mebey even a helfire round for a nearby friendly liberator.

VS, specter gunship, this is more of an area denile thing that can blanket the ground with wither plasma napalm or anti armor radaition bubbles. Slower TTK so most people will avoid it. Less manuervable than a scyth, limited A2A capabilities.

In my mind the Reaver is always still be the best ground assault/tank hunter/ strike fighter. But seing it as the slower of and heavier armored of the 3 vehicles I can see it at a disadvantage in A2A. So give it a little more armor and make a new (or redux) inteceptor for the NC.

The Wasp inteceptor, with improved afterburners lighter armor this can out run any aircraft, only as manuervible as a mossie the A2A missles can rund down any air threat and the chain gun can make short work of enemy aircraft in close up furballs.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault