Infiltrators Broken? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No matter how many times you refresh, your quote won't be here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-29, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cromation
Private

Infiltrators Broken?

I hope they finish the Infiltrator pass soon and fix our cloak. I feel like we are easier seen while cloaked then while not cloaked.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Infiltrators Broken?

Im happy you can kind of see infiltrators. Otherwise that class would be a little op.
Old 2013-06-29, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Im happy you can kind of see infiltrators. Otherwise that class would be a little op.
If he is talking about the low settings thing then that's different. It super easy to see infils on low settings because instead of a shimmer like "predator cloak" they are frame models that are see-through smokey black. Like a black shadow figure.

This....
Old 2013-06-29, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Indeed this is pretty dumb normally they are perhaps a bit to hard to see especially as they can use a SMG but this bug makes them to easy to see. A nice balance would be either take away their SMG use so they have to use pistols, cos lets face it, if a infiltrator sneaks up on you with a SMG you're dead along with another 1 or 2 people unless they happen to be facing him. With this though good luck sneaking up on anybody.

OR they could make so you can see people stealthed a bit easier such as with those implants I've heard about OR make heat vision available for all guns so we have an option to for a gun sight to see them which has a shorter range than other scopes. This would work cos it would give you a way to see them but only if you are in scope mode so you'd need to keep scanning the whole area so you could still miss them and it gives people the chance to sneak up still.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I willing to bet that the issue with being able to see cloakers on low settings is the last thing they will fix, if ever.
It will not be part of the infiltrator pass.
Old 2013-07-01, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Infil is dead last in avg exp per hour. Very broken class right now.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cromation
Private

yea im mostly referring to the bug. Putting your game on Low settings gives huge benefits to the players such as losing the "fog of war" or "haze" as some call it. And then also the infiltrator bug is the most annoying.
Old 2013-07-02, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
Infil is dead last in avg exp per hour. Very broken class right now.
That is a relevant stat, and the class could use some work, but I wouldn't go so far as to say VERY broken.

Part of the issue has to do with the fact other classes have a very specific roll they excel at that yields easy XP, save for maybe LA but LA is the kill whores class and the good twitch players that like to run around and just kill lots of people are able to throw the curve off on this one. Contrarily there are a LOT of very bad players who try and play sniper. I play infil a lot, and I would say i'm a mediocre player at best, and I know I am a LOT better than many many of the other infils I kill. Happens with a lot of games with this sort of class, the sneaky wanna be ninja guys gravitate to the cloaker class and bring down the curve.

It has changed. they are less visible now when standing still than they were when that video was done, but they stick out when up on a ridge or with sky back ground.

Hacking needs to be re-tooled, and give more XP for when people use the terminals rather than just a one time shot when something is hacked, and maybe make other hacking things more viable like gens and points need to be hacked, and can be hacked by anyone but give infils a huge time bonus to being able to do it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion