News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 41 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hotter than the girl next door.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-27, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #601
Revanmug
Sergeant

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
You're looking at it wrong. It's actually a fantastic example of why trailers do work. That guy's friend had no previous knowledge of Planetside. He watched the trailer. Now he has heard of "Planetside". THAT'S how trailers work.

Besides, trailers have been an essential part of marketing going back to the days of black & white movies. If it wasn't "worth it" they wouldn't still be so pervasive for so many decades.
read what this guy said... The trailer ain't there for info. It's there to catch your attention and the other guy example proved it...

People complaining are like this:

"-You need to focus on getting more people if you want to be successful!
-OK... Guys, can I have your attention, I have an important news for all of you.
-I'm already listening to you
-I'm talking to the 100 behind you not listening...
-You are so stupid wasting time getting their attention. I am listening and that's all that mather!"

/facepalm
Old 2012-07-27, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #602
aleksandrgrc
Corporal

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
Lol was just like irl.
Bloke takes on the world, thinks he's the ducks nutts and the hero then Bam. Taken down by a hot chick lol.
Happens every day lol
get this guy a stag and microphone lol.
Old 2012-07-27, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #603
Blackwater
Private

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Point of order: The trailers for SWTOR made both sides look totally badass, though one invariably wound up creaming the other. Even the TEASER for this trailer gave you that quality. THE REBELS! THE VISIONARIES! THE PROFESSIONALS! The finished product didn't.

Not only that, it made the game look like Haloside -- a conventional FPS where You Are Epic Fucking Hero Dude. That annuls any amount of marketing text on the size and scale and ambition of the game, or that there are even three sides to choose from with competitive weapons and vehicles. They didn't even show Super Smurf respawning, which would have been a golden opportunity to embed that facet of game lore into the visual narrative.

It's good eye candy. I hope that's enough. I *want* it to be enough. A lot of you seem to think so, and I trust the wisdom of crowds. But I dunno. You can write it off to Elmo butthurt if you please, but I think Sony really stepped on their million-dollar dick on this one.
Yeah. This

The trailer for the trailer was better than this.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #604
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Over 1 million views in only 3 days...people will be trying out this game. Once they play it, it won't matter what the trailer represented. They'll be blown away.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #605
LastDawn
Private

...The battlefield in the modern warfare epic first person shooter could make you a combat veteran or you could end up with a halo over your head. Just watch this epic trailer that shows you what it is like to go PlanetSide 2!..

Youtube Description
Planetside 2 marketing department (ab)using Youtube to enlarge the possible playerbase..
Old 2012-07-28, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #606
snaffe
Sergeant

Originally Posted by LastDawn View Post
Planetside 2 marketing department (ab)using Youtube to enlarge the possible playerbase..
They had battlefield 3 in there as a video tag, dont know if its still there.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #607
LastDawn
Private

Yes, the tags in combination with the description will/could make this video show up as a related video next to a Battlefield montage for example. I have no problem with the trailer getting more publicity and this is how Youtube works, but "end up with a halo" caused me physical pain.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #608
Deadeye
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Point of order: The trailers for SWTOR made both sides look totally badass, though one invariably wound up creaming the other. Even the TEASER for this trailer gave you that quality. THE REBELS! THE VISIONARIES! THE PROFESSIONALS! The finished product didn't.

Not only that, it made the game look like Haloside -- a conventional FPS where You Are Epic Fucking Hero Dude. That annuls any amount of marketing text on the size and scale and ambition of the game, or that there are even three sides to choose from with competitive weapons and vehicles. They didn't even show Super Smurf respawning, which would have been a golden opportunity to embed that facet of game lore into the visual narrative.

It's good eye candy. I hope that's enough. I *want* it to be enough. A lot of you seem to think so, and I trust the wisdom of crowds. But I dunno. You can write it off to Elmo butthurt if you please, but I think Sony really stepped on their million-dollar dick on this one.
Do you reread your posts when you type them? Damn, man, you'd think you were the lead designer of the game and all of planetside was riding on your ability to hold it all together. You and people like you need to relax. It's just a god damn trailer for a game.

I spend a lot of time on my computer but some you out there really really need to get a life. There are a lot of things more worthy of being upset about than a video game trailer.

Last edited by Deadeye; 2012-07-28 at 01:24 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #609
aleksandrgrc
Corporal

like the georgia guide stones
Old 2012-07-28, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #610
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
Do you reread your posts when you type them? Damn, man, you'd think you were the lead designer of the game and all of planetside was riding on your ability to hold it all together. You and people like you need to relax. It's just a god damn trailer for a game.

I spend a lot of time on my computer but some you out there really really need to get a life. There are a lot of things more worthy of being upset about than a video game trailer.
This right here.

You people read into shit like this like you're paralegals.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #611
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by LastDawn View Post
And I TOTALLY approve.

If it was for me, there could be flamey PS2 vs BF3 or vs CoD or vs Halo vids all over the intertubes, just to hype that shit up and make sure EVERY shooter player has this game on the radar!

Last edited by MCYRook; 2012-07-28 at 02:01 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #612
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I definitely agree that the trailer could have benefited by showing the TR in slightly more awesome light. It wouldn't have take much, just a couple of more obvious views of the "professionals" slaughtering a lot of the main NC's friends using their organization and focusing fire.

I still think the trailer is good and does what it needs to do, but I can't disagree with the sentiment that the NC and VS come off as awesome badasses and the TR come off more as generic cannon fodder. Just making the TR seem slightly more badass would have made the trailer perfect in my eyes.

But it doesn't really matter, because droves of people will still flock to the TR, and the trailer does a good job of advertising the game so that people will google it and find out what PS2 is really about. Even better since it's F2P, so everyone who gets interested will be more likely to download the game and give it a try, whether they try it during open beta, at launch, or 2 years from now when something reminds them of that game that they saw in an awesome trailer years ago.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-07-28 at 02:58 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #613
Boomhowser
Corporal

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
This right here.

You people read into shit like this like you're paralegals.
Not often I come across a word ive never seen before these days.. so you sir get a +1 for making me look up Paralegals
Old 2012-07-28, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #614
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Boomhowser View Post
Not often I come across a word ive never seen before these days.. so you sir get a +1 for making me look up Paralegals
That's a pretty common word here in the states. Fucking litigious bastards.
Old 2012-07-28, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #615
Ratstomper
Major

For all you people saying "It's meant to grab people's attention!! Stop being mean to the trailer!", they could have made a better representation of the game and still got people's attention. Besides that, it's bad form to misrepresent your product.

PS2 as so many unique and interesting facets, why did they play it up like another CoD or Halo?? People looking for single-player rambo killstreaks aren't the type of people who will pay for this game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion