Prestige System in PS:N - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My Video card is bigger then your Video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should PlanetSide Next have a prestige system?
Yes 5 22.73%
No 12 54.55%
Something similar, but not this 3 13.64%
I don't care 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-02-25, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PsychoXR-20
Staff Sergeant

Prestige System in PS:N

I think a prestige system, like the CoD games have, would work very in PlanetSide. Once you reach BR20 you would have the option to prestige and be brought down to BR1, with a couple extra perks. This is the way I imagine it would/could work.

BR1-20 work as normal. 7 and 14 would grant you color upgrades. At level 20 you could prestige back to BR1, keeping your BR20 color scheme, and gaining the CR1 shin guard (I assume CR is going to work much different), from this point every time you prestige you get another armor upgrade. By the 5th one you would have all the armor upgrades, shin guards, armor guards and backpack. The 6th one would change you color scheme, and the next 5 would change the armor upgrades to match and so on and so forth.

The reason I would put the old CR armor into this prestige system is the CR armor is very visible, you could do it with a merit, but merits are hard to see, and in the heat of battle, they are the absolute last thing you are looking at. The CR armor however is very visible, and seeing a guy in full CR gear means he's leveled 120 levels, just like now it would be a indicator of experience.

Every prestige would also grant you an additional favorites slot, and perhaps some extra locker space. Nothing game breaking, but a nice reward for those who put in the effort.

A lot of people enjoy having that goal of a next level, and currently when you hit max BR, that goes away. Sure, they could just add more BR's like they did in PlanetSide, but then you end up with empty levels, and players who have far to many certification points. A prestige system would allow for hundreds of levels without ever having empty levels and without players ever having to many certs.

There would also be the added challenge that some may enjoy of being brought back to level one and being forced to work with minimal certification points.

The nice thing is that this would be totally optional. You wouldn't be at any more of a disadvantage if you choose not to do this, nor would you be at any more of an advantage if you did do this. The only reward is that you can show off a bit.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion