News: Video of GDC Media Event - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not personal, Firefly hates everyone.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-08, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Bzak
Private

Re: Video of GDC Media Event

Originally Posted by SVoyager View Post
-Enter/Exit animations. This is a huge point to me. It adds so much to realism. If you see your char having to climb up ladders about 3 times the actual player's height just to get in the galaxy, well you're about to drive something big! Same for the tank. Instant in/out feels once again too much arcadish, simple, dumbed down, BF like. It also feels like a botched implementation, to me it shows that animations was too hard to make, took too much time and that willpower was lacking. Its like finding a problem and rather than fixing it, one would just use some workaround and skip it entirely. This is not meant to bash the staff, but this is how I see the implementation of instant in/out of vehicles.
This is exactly how I felt as well. Same with the reason we were told vehicle jacking would not be in the game. Also the teleporters instead of long stair cases in the base I found disappointing.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion