Centralized UI Awesomeness - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Medic! Arghhh...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Centralized UI Awesomeness

In addition to the cycler irons gripe, I did want to point out something really awesome. Those of you might remember me being somewhat critical of the UI in the GDC video. Well there's some awesome improvements. Maybe they had it planned all along, but I'd like to think that someone took my feedback to heart. Regardless, thank you!

The Centralized UI Option! I do love how you have a centralized UI option which some people were using. I very much liked this. I would like tose the minimap also more centralized in that option but it adheres very well to good interface design principles.

For those who don't know what I mean, look here (6:20 in the day 1 stream, part 1):

I've outlined the core UI elements since they are sort of hard to see in this screenshot due to the red critical health indicator tinting the screen. This is a crappy picture that doesn't give the UI element a lot of justice, but int he video you can see that the health indicator is actually pulsing a bit and neither it nor the ammo indicator show unless they are not full. This is a great no-news-is-good-news approach to keep the UI from being cluttered and only showing you important information.

And here is a different shot from a light assault who just used his jetpack and fired a single round (shows jetpack energy & ammo simultaneously)

Note that the current ammo supply is listed on the right side so you know how much is in your current magazine.

Energy is on the left side opposite current magazine.

Health/shield is below the crosshair in a nice convenient spot.

Detailed ammo/resource information is bottom-center.

Fantastic! Love it! Thank you for adding this, I really like the take on it. It seems incomplete because the map is out of place but perhaps its a work in progress and the minimap will be changed a bit so it isn't all off in a corner and also more centrally located.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion