Infiltrator vs Sniper - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you thought life sucked, try being a Vanu recruiter
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-19, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gabage
Private

Infiltrator vs Sniper

I have seen a lot of interest in the Infiltrator class. "Sniper" and Infiltrator are two different things. Roughly, 50% of my newest recruits have all picked that as their preferred class.

I my self are and Infiltrator fan. However, by no means do I think it is a dedicated sniper. Dedicated "Snipers" contribute little, and are very seldom really needed. I do get the feeling that, this thought is on many people minds. Game after game the "sniping" population is very high. They just sit back shooting into objectives.

How I see it, is they are a valuable asset to a squad, but no so valuable to justify more than 1 or 2 per squad. The value in them is not so much in their capabilities of long range combat, but rather in the many other skills they bring to the table.

I envision the most capable, team contributing Infiltrators, spend most of their time with a pistol inside a base.

The sniper rifle still has its uses. When entering bases, it provides an excellent way of countering enemies, who are up high on the way into the structure. It is also good for short times of over watch. Furthermore, it can be used for getting a closer eye on the enemies ahead, when scouting ahead (combined with the tactical stealth).

Tactical stealth has many good uses. Its great for looking around corners and revealing enemy placement and ambushes. Getting behind enemy lines. If your the squad leader this can be combined to spawn a squad behind the enemies line. It should not be used to stealth up after your "Sniping" position is compromised, to relocate.

I now move onto Claymores. Sure they are useful to fortify a "Sniping" position. However they have a bigger tactical advantage elsewhere. Using them to defend the rear of your squad, and placing them near key location to alert you of enemy movement, are much stronger uses.

I move to the easiest and greatest reason to have an Infiltrator in your squad. Hacking. Increasing the rate in which your squad can cap a base. It is simple, you can't hack if you are "Sniping"

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion