Discussion: What do smaller squads want in order to have more fun AND make an impact? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because we care
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-18, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Question Discussion: What do smaller squads want in order to have more fun AND make an impact?

Hi guys,

Was having a discussion of my own earlier today and got thinking about what ideas we could brainstorm and come up with regarding the topic of small squad/outfit play and what could be done to both improve enjoyment for those of us who choose to play in smaller groups, while also allowing smaller ops to feel like they can make a meaningful impact in the game. Some of the greatest times I've had in PS2 thus far is spawning into an "Enemy Platoon" outpost with my squad of 6 guys and being able to successfully take it back nearly entirely by ourselves. We saw a lot of that from small "elite" outfits in PS1, so if that's still your style of play in PS2, what would you like to see added in the future to better support that?

I'd like to structure this as an open-ended discussion and hopefully get a lot of good feedback and suggestions. I know larger outfits running massive operations gets a lot of attention in PS2, but there are a lot of us, especially PS1 vets, that still prefer to run around in smaller squads, even two squads at times, and when we're actually able to make a significant impact it really feels great. I think keeping the game fun, compelling, and meaningful for players who choose to play in groups of all sizes will really do us all a great favor in keeping PlanetSide 2 thriving for many years to come.

That being said, what ideas do you have for improving the enjoyment and meaningful impact of you and your squadmates' actions ingame? New objectives? More compelling resource gameplay? Other features? What do you want to see in PlanetSide 2 that would benefit your small squad?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and double thanks in advance for your contributions to the thread!

Last edited by ItZMuRdA; 2013-05-18 at 02:30 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion