News: The9 PlanetSide 2 Site Revealed, Gameplay Footage! - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So Hamma is God...then whois the devil?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-05, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
atone
Sergeant

Re: The9 PlanetSide 2 Site Revealed, Gameplay Footage!

Originally Posted by Toonlad View Post
Nice peace of footage shown, But my biggest concern was the muzzle flash, it totally obscures your sight picture especially looking down the iron sights. This is the only thing from the vid that dampened my spirits, i know to some its all candy, and loving the effects,but to me i want to see what im shooting at as im keeping aim.

Would there be a muzzle flash turn off in the options.
im sure that would be taken care of with weapon customizing. like flash modifier/suppressor

Last edited by atone; 2012-01-05 at 12:48 PM.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by atone View Post
im sure that would be taken care of with weapon customizing. like flash modifier/suppressor
This could depend on the gun set-up, if you use your iron sights all the time, then you may be able to put a longer barrel on or something that will change the way the fires. I think we are going to see a shit load of customisations, as the game will depend on them for income.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
ScreamingRooste
Private

I don't know about you guys, but when I was watching the series, 'The Pacific,' and when I saw the night battles, I was thinking about Planetside 2... and told my bro that I will be playing a game that will play out exactly like the footage we were watching on 'The Pacific.'

Heres the link to a night battle scene:

And lol when I saw the night battles in this video.... yea I want to play Planetside2 ASAP!
Old 2012-01-05, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

The sun moves to the LEFT during sunset (around 1:50). (or is it a dawn timelapsed and played reverse?)

OK, Auraxis may be rotating to the opposite way - still so strange to watch it...
Old 2012-01-05, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ScreamingRooste View Post
I don't know about you guys, but when I was watching the series, 'The Pacific,' and when I saw the night battles, I was thinking about Planetside 2... and told my bro that I will be playing a game that will play out exactly like the footage we were watching on 'The Pacific.'

Heres the link to a night battle scene:
The Pacific - (Part 2) - Guadalcanal scene "Basilone" - YouTube

And lol when I saw the night battles in this video.... yea I want to play Planetside2 ASAP!
i need to get these on DVD, I aint seen one of them yet, sorry to go off topic
Old 2012-01-05, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Ailos
Contributor
Major

HOLY SHIT!!!

WOW... just.... WOW....!!!

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-01-05, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Before I start picking nits I got to say I love seeing anything and everything coming out for PS2. Now onto nits.

Did anyone else notice that the minigun on the mossie was untextured?

The only way you'd get muzzle flashes like that is if your powder is cheap or the barrel is dirty. I agree that they need to be toned down.

Liking the intensity of night on the part with the run on the base. Will there be mechanics to simulate eyes adjusting for a change in lighting so that explosions can temporarily blind (and deafen)?

I agree with the rifle seeming to float. I think this stems from the rifle being too high up when in first person. Besides lowering, dropping the amount of slosh the barrel has when moving would add to the weight of the gun. (I know neither is realistic and what's in there now it's pretty close as the gun is light and that's where you hold it but this might be a situation where 'is it fun to shoot' trumps 'who holds their gun like that')
If neither of those work go more realistic and pull the gun backwards so that it's butt would always be where our shoulder is also make sure that we NEVER see the butt of the stock. I'm pretty sure we get a peak at the top piece of it during the video and it looks like the rifle is being held about an inch forward from the shoulder in the air.
If making it feel heavy doesn't make sense then try to make it feel tight. Either one will make the weapon feel potent beyond its damage.

I really really really want to see inverted flight and maybe some rolls by the larger craft. The aircraft we saw in the video weren't really demonstrating how spry they are.

Thanks for releasing this, looking forward to seeing more!
Old 2012-01-05, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
This! BF3 graphics are really really crap compared to this. In bf3 there are so many fake unecessary effects which they use to hide the crappy textures, as a 3d artist im actually amazed about the awful texturing in BF3, so many repetitive tiled textures makes you wonder what kind of amatours working at dice. The awful lens flare and colour grading makes you vomit. Frostbite 2 is just a hyped up engine, nothing special. Cryengine is far more advanced then that not to mention Forgelight. This gameplay video shows exactly what the current PC hardware can render. massive scale, very good lightning, it feels good to look at it, because its natural, photorealistic.
Are you joking? Don't let your fanboism blind you. Frostbite 2 is an amazing engine and BF3 is a beautiful game.

I really don't think PS2 looks better than BF3(PS2 IS STILL LOOKING GREAT). The concept of PS2 is what is selling this game for me.
Old 2012-01-05, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Ive never played it, so I wouldn't know
Old 2012-01-05, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Personally I think it looks better..... It has more than four colors.........
Yes the colour makes the world fell more alive, that and the sun moves rather than sit in one annoying spot, blinding you.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-05, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
It's on the main site. There is a intro video then there is a gameplay video that has extended footage... the one showing three different biomes.
The video on the main site is older than the footage on The9 site. Just sayin'
Old 2012-01-05, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
Vancha
Colonel

I agree that some of the firing sounds sound a bit...plastic? But they could just be placeholders.

Night time looks way too bright too, but I'm not surprised they went that way.

Other than that, it's looking awesome.
Old 2012-01-05, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Considering in PS1 a player could select low or high-quality sound, I'm likely to assume that we will have high quality sounds in PS2.

However, it may not show in the demo.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bittermen View Post
Are you joking? Don't let your fanboism blind you. Frostbite 2 is an amazing engine and BF3 is a beautiful game.

I really don't think PS2 looks better than BF3(PS2 IS STILL LOOKING GREAT). The concept of PS2 is what is selling this game for me.
problem is your fanboyism dude. Anyone with common sense knows this game looks miles better. just look at it.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Haha no worries Also saw that RPS posted it. Pretty cool hehe.

Also found 2 new screenshots on the The9 site:

I cant really make it out, but it looks like the mosquito has it wings folded? Looks pretty neat! (right click -> open in tab for ''bigger'' version)
now what is that weapon in the top screen? because it's damn sexy.
the second one looks like a TR solder holding an NC gauss rifle.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion