News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A monument to all your needs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-27, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Re: Good news?

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
READ what I wrote... I didnt say they werent reading our posts/concerns. I know that RadarX was reading them, or at least he stated that he was in the orginal thread. What I WROTE was that nothing would have happened if it wasnt for EQ/DCUO, because bottomline SOE could give 2 shits about PS2 beyond what they will bring to the bank on a monthly basis. As an ADMIN for these forums shouldnt you have a better reading comprehension that?

ShockNC is more on base w/his posts then you fanbois are until proven otherwise. SOEs track record speaks more volumes then hopes/dreams that SOE will do the right thing by us. The simple fact that EQ/DCUO were the voices listened to is a clear example of that.

Once SOE gets its initial investment back on PS2 thats when all the crap will start to hit the fan from SOE execs. Thats when the dev team, which I happen to like atm because of their open door policy for the most part and clear connection to the playerbase will start to get ground down by the real money behind this project.
Kudos Skittles, needed saying. It's like everyone has Stockholm Syndrome around here. People seem to have forgotten that SOE treated PS as abandonware after the un-asked for BFR expansion. They cynically thrust this Pro7 guff at us and act all surprised, apologetic and penitent when the playerbase goes nuts and threatens to pull subs.

Kudos to the PS2 devs, thanks for all the comms.
Anti-Kudos to the SOE suits, I pray your greed won't destroy the potentially epic game that Higby and co are trying to create here.

Last edited by Gimpylung; 2012-02-27 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Fenrys
Major

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Pings according to SpeedTest.net, from Virginia, East Coast USA, best result of 3 tests:
Amsterdam: 100
Las Vegas: 132
Changchun: 351

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I don't see a point in such decision at all....
Pro7 owns television stations and knows the demographics of the area, so they can probably do a better job advertising. Customer support in many different languages. Translations for in game text. There may be other stuff, but those are the benefits that quickly come to mind.

SOE would have to hire more staff, which would add additional expense. Pro7 has most of the infrastructure for European customer support already in place, and can provide that service with minimal additional cost to them. It may be cheaper for SOE to give Pro7 a cut of the revenue than it would be for them to hire a new multilingual support and advertising staff, especially if they wanted to get people with as much experience advertising in that market as Pro7 people are assumed to have.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-02-27 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
SgtMAD
Captain

the bean counters/lawyers are the reason PS was abandoned,when it wasn't the cash cow they hoped for they took resources away from the game and let it languish for months at a time without any dev support, it isn't the designers that decide to abandon the game, its the money guys that cut funding,move it another title or start developing the new "Big Thing"

this will happen to PS2 if the bean counters don't see the projected numbers,it was the bean counters that went looking for a buyer to help defer development costs,they have managed to license the game in Europe and China so far,the idea that they were splitting up their own gaming community probably didn't even occur to them.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

I don't like the sound of "More details to come"

*News: You can buy your way out of the region lock for 50 dollars *
Old 2012-02-27, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
Kudos Skittles, needed saying. It's like everyone has Stockholm Syndrome around here. People seem to have forgotten that SOE treated PS as abandonware after the un-asked for BFR expansion. They cynically thrust this Pro7 guff at us and act all surprised, apologetic and penitent when the playerbase goes nuts and threatens to pull subs.

Kudos to the PS2 devs, thanks for all the comms.
Anti-Kudos to the SOE suits, I pray your greed won't destroy the potentially epic game that Higby and co are trying to create here.
Nobody here has forgotten, most are well aware of it. What doesn't need to be done is constant railing on a subject that is well known.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-27, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

Saved Chinaside!
Old 2012-02-27, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Skittles
Sergeant

Blah-blah-blah-blah ban the dissenter. Thats funny. What wrong? Hit a nerve? Alls well and good now that you people "think" SOE 'might' do something about EU/US servers. This was simply the first stone, you watch. Shit this big doesnt slip thru the cracks at normal companies.

Sit around stroking each other like you tagged the prom queen, when it was told straight to your face the only reason you're still at the dance is because you're friends with the chick w/big tits.

Pro7 isnt going to just up and walk away from their deal. They're a multi-billion euro business. You better believe they're going to get theirs, one way or another. "Fine, you want to play together, heres a surcharge" Which is going to be xxx amount of dollars to make up for what we lost. Which could run you as high as a sub cost while everyone else is F2P. Really got one over on them

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Guess it wouldn't be a fansite forum without a few token SOE haters around calling people "fanbois" when they are on a PlanetSide Fan Site.
Yeah, theres a suprise huh? Imagine my dismay posting comments on http://www.epicurious.com/ and not receiving any feedback on my threads.
Best 2pts I ever spent btw. At least the quotes are accurate this time so somethings "better".
Old 2012-02-28, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
Blah-blah-blah-blah ban the dissenter. Thats funny. What wrong? Hit a nerve? Alls well and good now that you people "think" SOE \'might\' do something about EU/US servers. This was simply the first stone, you watch. Shit this big doesnt slip thru the cracks at normal companies.

Sit around stroking each other like you tagged the prom queen, when it was told straight to your face the only reason you\'re still at the dance is because you\'re friends with the chick w/big tits.

Pro7 isnt going to just up and walk away from their deal. They\'re a multi-billion euro business. You better believe they\'re going to get theirs, one way or another. "Fine, you want to play together, heres a surcharge" Which is going to be xxx amount of dollars to make up for what we lost. Which could run you as high as a sub cost while everyone else is F2P. Really got one over on them

Yeah, theres a suprise huh? Imagine my dismay posting comments on http://www.epicurious.com/ and not receiving any feedback on my threads.
Best 2pts I ever spent btw. At least the quotes are accurate this time so somethings "better".
Optimistically, they could just make it so that EU players, no matter which region server they play on, would rely on Pro7 for billing and cash shop stuff.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
I don\'t like the sound of "More details to come"

*News: You can buy your way out of the region lock for 50 dollars *
Hahahaha !
Old 2012-02-28, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
Pro7 owns television stations and knows the demographics of the area, so they can probably do a better job advertising. Customer support in many different languages. Translations for in game text. There may be other stuff, but those are the benefits that quickly come to mind.
Oh, come on now!

There must be better options than Pro7 to publish the game in Europe!

Pro7 and Alaplaya are NOT a good solution.

Yes, Pro7 owns TV stations, but they\'re in very few countries in central Europe and Scandinavia. It covers the biggest PC market in Europe (Germany), but that\'s not enough.

Their current games are not being advertised, at least in western Europe, except for a few banners on small video games/teenagers websites.
Not even talking about how ridiculously their games are managed (not balanced, horrible update deployment, and so on)

They do have multilingual forums (on alaplaya site), but they probably won\'t know much about the game and its mechanics (at least at launch, when everyone has questions).
And I\'d rather be on the future official PS2 forums (or on here), in english, where the devs are (I hope nothing stops me from doing so)...

Blah...

Anyway, back on topic.
That\'s good news, and I hope that IF we can play on any server we want, it also means we won\'t need two game launchers.
Because if we only have one, the updates problems can be forgotten (can\'t release an update just for some people using the launcher).
Old 2012-02-28, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Any news on how much control pro 7 will have over the item shop and game content?
Old 2012-02-28, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Nobody here has forgotten, most are well aware of it. What doesn\'t need to be done is constant railing on a subject that is well known.
First time I ever \'railed\' on it tbh.

Anyways, have we confirmation that Pro7(European) players will be allowed play the beta.

Randoms that buy PC Gamer in the US will be allowed play the beta, we have absolutely no confirmation that European Werner Veterans who played PS1 for years will have any such luck.

This is a MAJOR issue and the next one we should be railing about. Railing seems to get SOE\'s attention.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
xXGumpXX
Banned

this is excellent news , how ever i'm getting bord following this game , i have been following this game for a long time , and it just seems to go on and on and on , cut to the chase and give us some beta dates and some system requirements
Old 2012-02-28, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
this is excellent news , how ever i'm getting bord following this game , i have been following this game for a long time , and it just seems to go on and on and on , cut to the chase and give us some beta dates and some system requirements
Well beta keys are going out today, while system requirements will depend on the optimizations they make throughout beta.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
Really, quit telling them to cut corners and hurry up with the game.

I don't want to wait forever either, but I seriously get pissed off when I see dozens of major game companies copy and paste WoW, but completely ignore why a large part of WoW's success was Blizzard's business practices that backed it up. Like taking pride in the fact that they only ship Finished products and they have a hell bent psychotic tick to make everything balance (whose sense the balance is based on is questionable).

To clarify for anyone about to rail at me for bringing up WoW or Blizzard in a good light, I only advice towards many of Blizzard's positive practices and NOT making another POS WoW clone. One was more than enough.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-02-28 at 10:28 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion