Customization Woes - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A local site for local people
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-06, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Customization Woes

I want a gold max with a skull helmet. And I want everyone to see it.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

I want golden armor and a matching codpiece. And I want everyone to see it.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
But you are. I pay 20$ for a skin for you to see. You pay 10$ to not see it. You have made my 20$ worthless, so I just won't buy another skin.
People buy stuff that others don't care about ALL THE TIME. Name brand clothing for example. I couldn't care less what someone is wearing in real life. Whether I could see it or not, it wouldn't matter. That purchase, in relation to my perspective on it, was entirely worthless as anything other than more clothes to cover themselves up in.

However, does my not caring about their purchase truly make it entirely worthless? No, because there are and always will be like-minded people that DO care. The situation here is the same. The people who hide it wouldn't be impressed anyway. You'd only be impressing the ones who wouldn't hide it. The only argument then that can be made for forcing everyone to see it in this debate over the worth of the individual skins then is so that you can use them to grief those who DON'T want to see them. I'm sorry if I don't see that as a very valid reason for leaving the option out.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
People buy stuff that others don't care about ALL THE TIME. Name brand clothing for example. I couldn't care less what someone is wearing in real life. Whether I could see it or not, it wouldn't matter. That purchase, in relation to my perspective on it, was entirely worthless as anything other than more clothes to cover themselves up in.
It doesn't matter what you want or care. It matters what someone who is willing to pay for a skin wants or cares.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Rozonus
Private

I want a golden Galaxy. Bitches love golden Galaxies.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

If they include rainbow pony skins for the atv, I would have to agree that I dont want to see that shit. But if its done cool, then seeing a neat skin should be quite an experience.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

It doesn't matter what you want or care. It matters what someone who is willing to pay for a skin wants or cares.
Why do they care about showing off to people who don't care?

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 2012-05-06 at 12:52 PM.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

For one, those cheap bastards that are playing for free are going to be forced to see my giant golden codpiece while staring into the bright glowing blue eyes of my skull face while I murder them.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Because we can, and are willing to pay money to do so. This money keeps the game from becoming Pay-2-Win and keeps the game alive. I will be encouraging anything that does so.

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
For one, those cheap bastards that are playing for free are going to be forced to see my giant golden codpiece while staring into the bright glowing blue eyes of my skull face while I murder them.
I want their faces to look like this when I kill them.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-05-06 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

delete plz.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-05-06 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
NCLynx
Major

Why else would somebody pay money when they don't have to?

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-06, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Because we can, and are willing to pay money to do so. This money keeps the game from becoming Pay-2-Win and keeps the game alive. If I were a player I'd be encouraging anything that did so.
I absolutely encourage them to develop a wide array of customizations. I simply also absolutely fail to see why anyone would get upset, other than to just whine as many gamers are want to do, about others paying for the option to not have to see them. It seems like an incredibly fair trade off. The player that likes skins loses absolutely nothing. In fact, he actually gains from it as the option would work to increase the enjoyment of the player who buys it and would likely keep them playing longer, meaning they might stick around and buy customizations and other features that they DO like, thus continuing to support the game.

That money keeps the game from becoming Pay-2-Win and keeps the game alive. I thought you said you'd be encouraging anything that did so?

Why else would somebody pay money when they don't have to?
Again, because there will always be those who do care.

Why do people take these scenarios to such extremes? There will still be plenty of people around who will be impressed by your neon pink and green camo Sunderer.

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 2012-05-06 at 01:02 PM.
Old 2012-05-06, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

That money keeps the game from becoming Pay-2-Win and keeps the game alive. I thought you said you'd be encouraging anything that did so?
Because the money that you pay would keep me from paying money. And the money that you pay would likely be a lot less than what I will pay.

Why do people take these scenarios to such extremes? There will still be plenty of people around who will be impressed by your neon pink and green camo Sunderer.
Because it isn't extreme. I would pay 20$ right now if the game had "LostAlgorithm is a n00b" shirt in the store. (I'm kidding, I'm totally gay for you)

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-05-06 at 01:13 PM.
Old 2012-05-06, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I do agree that if you purchase the neon pink and green sunderer camo then you sould be able to turn it off. It sounds like a win win for PS2.
Old 2012-05-06, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

But also I hope they have hundreds of awesome skins to buy in the online shop and that you would be forced to buy them all to turn them all off.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion