PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet PlanetSide, Vanu Three Way You!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-06, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #136
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
There's already a NTU system...
I did mean that system

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
where one false move in a helo sends you spiraling ass over tea kettle.
amen

Last edited by Canaris; 2011-02-06 at 11:37 AM.
Old 2011-02-06, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Werwolf
Private

No, spawning and using terminals drains ntu.
Nope, it was removed in late 2003 if i remember right.
Old 2011-02-06, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Pytagoras
Private

Man, I think I explained my wish poorly; I'd like to see air vehicles using fuel.
And possibly a modular system on the Galaxy where you could choose between sensorpod/gunship-modules and/or extra fueltanks.

Kinda hoping for a system where VTOL flight spent extra fuel, etc.
Old 2011-02-06, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Bags
Lieutenant General

I don't think we need to add a bunch of complications to planetside. Too much clutter doesn't mean depth, it just means too much clutter.
Old 2011-02-06, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

But they could definitely make it more realistic without making it 'cluttered'
Old 2011-02-06, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Fujilives
Private

This was finally enough to make me crack and register. The urge to comment was too much to resist. Getting feedback from Smed is extremely awesome by the way, most companies are too afraid to actually 'talk' with their community. It's nice to see someone with an opinion and having some fun ^^. I haven't looked forward to a game like this in a very long time.
Old 2011-02-06, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pytagoras View Post
Man, I think I explained my wish poorly; I'd like to see air vehicles using fuel.
And possibly a modular system on the Galaxy where you could choose between sensorpod/gunship-modules and/or extra fueltanks.

Kinda hoping for a system where VTOL flight spent extra fuel, etc.
I don't think we need to add a bunch of complications to planetside. Too much clutter doesn't mean depth, it just means too much clutter.
Originally Posted by Furret View Post
But they could definitely make it more realistic without making it 'cluttered'
Really like the sound of Fuel (or energy) limiting your maximum flight/drive time
This will add a nice additional tactical value to the game.
Just like your ammo limitations and inventory space. More ammo, less room for other items and visa versa.
Old 2011-02-06, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Betakodo
Private

Don't really like the sound of fuel. Do you guys actually drive? Who here likes filling their gas up?
If I'm trying to drive/fly somewhere and I'm whoops! Out of gas because there's no support things/gas stations for my futuristic vehicle, do I get to have one of those fuel canisters to carry back to it from whereever by foot and hope it does'nt get jacked by the time I get back?
I might as well get myself killed to choose another respawn or fly somewhere else.
The idea of one of those giant refuel planes does sound cool. Until I have to rely on it to play. Lf someone to man gas station pump and shop.
Do like the Reaver, although I usually fly alone. Do want more game info.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Betakodo View Post
Don't really like the sound of fuel. Do you guys actually drive? Who here likes filling their gas up?
If I'm trying to drive/fly somewhere and I'm whoops! Out of gas because there's no support things/gas stations for my futuristic vehicle, do I get to have one of those fuel canisters to carry back to it from whereever by foot and hope it does'nt get jacked by the time I get back?
I might as well get myself killed to choose another respawn or fly somewhere else.
The idea of one of those giant refuel planes does sound cool. Until I have to rely on it to play. Lf someone to man gas station pump and shop.
Do like the Reaver, although I usually fly alone. Do want more game info.
I agree, fuel is a big no go.
Besides, doesnt work on Auraxis anyway, the power used for all vehicles is coming from the continetns itself. Thats why you die if you fly too far out to the sea, you loose your power link. :>
Old 2011-02-06, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
But I don't think you should be forced to have two people to use it. The pilot seat should have control of some weapons as well as the gunners seat.

This way it's not totally useless if you can't find a solid gunner.

I dunno if you don't need 2 people to make full use of it then its kind of a waste to have 2 seats in the first place. As the solo dudes will just learn to use both weapons an use it a solo plane again.

I could see them doing something like in BF 2142. It had a hover plane similar to this. The Pilot flies it an mans the machine gun/missiles with air tracking. An the gunner I think could man a rear machine gun and a remote guided missile which was good for tank killing.

So the Pilot would be more anti-air with the gunner attacking the ground targets or covering from the rear. So if you wanted to go solo you would be decent anti-air plane at least.

Last edited by Sifer2; 2011-02-06 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2011-02-06, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
matalbe

Oh God! Impressive!!

Mossy next?
Old 2011-02-06, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
I dunno if you don't need 2 people to make full use of it then its kind of a waste to have 2 seats in the first place. As the solo dudes will just learn to use both weapons an use it a solo plane again.

How do you learn to use both seat's weapons at the same time? That makes no sense.
Old 2011-02-06, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Fuel.

If the warpgates still exists as they do now, then the idea of fuel doesn't fit with the current lore. Bases needed fuel because they drew to much energy... more then the gates could provide.

Now if the gates have collapsed, then we could introduce fuel. This would be a good option if they wanted to further push the idea of resource collection.

As far as handling goes...

I'm hoping something like BF2142. Not so complicated that no one with a fancy joystick could figure out, but hard enough you had to dedicate some time to figuring it out to be effective.

~Gerbs
Old 2011-02-06, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

It doesn't look like any guns rotate, so I assume the second person doesn't have a gunnery role, unless the first person aims and the second person shoots (bad idea). If this is the case, then it would be able to be crewed by one person, but having the second person would make it more dangerous. Depends on how much more dangerous, because otherwise your partner could cert reaver too and you'd be twice as powerful.
Old 2011-02-07, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
Sifer2
Major

How do you learn to use both seat's weapons at the same time? That makes no sense.

I was responding to Hamma who said you should have control of the gunner seat also. I'm fine with the pilot having a weapon but I think without gunner it definitely should not work completely.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion