Downplaying future theme so that... - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ಠ_ಠ
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-12, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Re: Downplaying future theme so that...

you are implying by your casualization example that your poll regarding a non-casualization issue will be a sentiment that will be shared by all forums. However, this is not a casualization issue. It is sci-fi theme. There is no connection between the two. As such the sentiments may be much more widely scattered.

I would also like to point out that your since your potential marketing scheme is incredibly biased towards one particular group, you are effectively excluding everyone else since you want a complete downplay of futuristic elements in marketing. Instead of worrying about trying to attract a group of in-determinant size, focus on showing what is cool about the game. Actually showing off cool stuff about a game will attract far more people then trying to down play the sci-fi will no matter what time period it looks like its from ... super cool is its own rule after all.

Last edited by lolroflroflcake; 2012-04-12 at 03:59 PM.
Old 2012-04-12, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
I want to make one more note as I do own and play all the BF games and I do enjoy them. Those 20 guys do not represent more less even come close to 20% of the BF population. That argument further up in the thread is nonsense.

PS: Duke, I have not once called him a Idiot nor do I think he is one. I just think his argument is "meh". why do I keep writing additional letters to you. :P
Those 20 guys are voting on something completely different than we're normally discussing. And we could also say that the 80 aren't representative either, because it's only 100 people right now. Because the only real way to know is for DICE to poll the entire community through Battlelog.

That reminds me...SOE has the power, through the Station Launcher interface, to poll people on game issues. Everquest has done it in the past. And SOE should do it in PS2, it's too powerful a resource not to use it.
Old 2012-04-12, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Bags
Lieutenant General

You're not going to get the devs behind this, but what's stopping you from making videos yourself?
Old 2012-04-12, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
Who would like to play a game with lots of players, skill-based, team-based, persistant world - with a Hello Kitty setting? Or My Little Pony? Or with a High School Musical background?
If you can kill those stupid ponies and it was F2P I would TOTALLY play.
Old 2012-04-12, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
No, the crap your posting is nonsense that's why it needs to be closed. Its a sci-fi game. We do not need to do anything to Downplay what it is.
agreed
Old 2012-04-12, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by lolroflroflcake View Post
I would also like to point out that your since your potential marketing scheme is incredibly biased towards one particular group, you are effectively excluding everyone else since you want a complete downplay of futuristic elements in marketing.
While I would point out that targeted marketing is an old and (to my knowledge) respected concept, I have to agree that we've got no reason to believe this group is large enough to be worth targeting. Some individuals in that Mordor thread stated that they liked 2142 more because it had a futuristic aesthetic. Downplaying PS2s sci-fi themes for the BF crowd could actually turn them away from the game.

What information we have leads me to believe that the best thing to do is simply provide the most complete picture of the game possible, which is what SOE should be doing anyway. PS2 doesn't fall into most of the "future fantasy" tropes that these individuals seem to be stuck on.
Old 2012-04-12, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
You're not going to get the devs behind this, but what's stopping you from making videos yourself?
Good question, and I asked this on a previous page:

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
There's a reason why I don't just plan on doing this...I have no skill or knowledge at it. For example, all I know is this: FRAPS videos are huge...you can't just post them up to YouTube.

Perhaps you can help - what is the BARE minimum number of programs you need in order to:
1. Record video
2. Compress to a reasonable size
3. Add audio commentary

I asked this before on another forum and got a list of like 5 programs to use, holy shit...and as far as audio commentary goes, can I avoid the need for a special program by talking into an empty teamspeak channel while making the videos? Will FRAPS or other recording programs pick up the audio if you do that?
Old 2012-04-12, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Luckily with FRAPs you can record a Microphone as well as gameplay/audio.

So your going to need.

1.video editing software(Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Avid, Sony Vegas)
2.Fraps

And if you don't want to be limited to just recording your voice while playing a game you can download Audacity for free.

Last edited by Bittermen; 2012-04-12 at 06:09 PM.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
Arius
Corporal

If they want bullets instead of rayguns or magnetically/electrically enhanced rounds, I'd say just roll TR.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion