PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Feel teh <3
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-07, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Ant001
Corporal

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Ok I have been watching for this from afar since I first received the e-mail asking what we would like to see in PS2(next).
And of course I got really excited when I saw the art that smed released.
But I can't help thinking that we have seen nothing really of a game that is being released (the end of march?).
Now, I know very little of pc game development and marketing but common sense tells me this game cannot be near completion and in no way ready for a march release. I hope I am totally wrong and it does come out end of march as smed said, but for it to be so close to release and not even some in game shots or even a vid seems strange. Renderd images mean nothing and can be made easily. I know I mean seem a bit negative but for smed to say "current subs get into the beta" reeks of sneakiness and and sure fire way to get more subs into a dead game.

I hope I am wrong like I said, but I would take what is being said at the moment with a large pinch of salt.
Old 2011-02-07, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
I know I mean seem a bit negative but for smed to say "current subs get into the beta" reeks of sneakiness and and sure fire way to get more subs into a dead game.

I hope I am wrong like I said, but I would take what is being said at the moment with a large pinch of salt.
I don't think you are being that negative. We are all a little perplexed by a possible March release date. It's looking more and more that they may be announcing the release date in march instead of having a release date in march.

While it might be a ploy to get old players back in the game (and it seems to be working) I don't think Smed is making all this stuff up and PS:N is not even a glimmer in SOE's eye yet. My own pure guess would be a summer/fall release.
Old 2011-02-07, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
xSCORPIONx
Private

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
But I can't help thinking that we have seen nothing really of a game that is being released (the end of march?).
Now, I know very little of pc game development and marketing but common sense tells me this game cannot be near completion and in no way ready for a march release.
I was under the impression that the beta was being released march or later and the full game late 2011/early 2012. But we will find out sometime i guess
Old 2011-02-07, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Tvayda
Private

No, its says right there in the FAQ:
"And we haven't announced a release date for it but you can expect it... We're looking at late first-quarter, early second-quarter [2011]."

They weren't talking about the beta, which would be an awesome valentines day gift from Smed to the PS community methinks, they were talking about the full game. But maybe they have all the coding done and most of the bugs worked out from an inhouse alpha, so when they release the beta, its just for us oldies to get our hands on it before all the new guys.

And I am loving all of these NC pics, been NC since the beginning and always loved it up until the day I stopped playing and then started again.

Last edited by Tvayda; 2011-02-08 at 12:01 AM.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
Traak
Colonel

I say no pilots can do anything weapons-related with their planes. Once the plane is unmanned, it can't hurt anything. If it is manned, it can't run into anything for any harm, but can crash and kill the pilot. If pilot is stupid and rams into a tree while damaged, last enemy to shoot him gets the kill. This will eliminate the guys who suicide to steal your hard-won XP by ramming their planes into mountains and trees.

The point? Planes as teamwork-demanding weapons platforms, having no capability of damaging anyone, anywhere, anytime, and by any means except with weapons. And, no hot-dropping. Land, get out, and fight if you want to put your feet on the ground. What a concept.

And, make it a one-hour timer if you crash a plane either in it or out of it. We get spawn-penalized for others killing us when we had no control over it, well make the same true for planes.

If you want an air superiority fighter, then make it so it can't go or shoot anything below 400m. There, go beat each other senseless up top. Let us know who wins so we can remember how little we care about whether you live or die.

Net desired effect: planes that can't hurt anything without doing it the old-fashioned way, by shooting it with weapons, you know, the way planes in the real world do it. Yes, I know it's a game, so don't bother reminding me. Weapons, I might add, which are controlled by the gunner, none by the pilot. Pilots who have to get out and walk or run to get a tower, base, whatever, JUST LIKE the ground vehicles guys have to do. Wow, so fair.

No bailures
No kamikazes
No planes as missiles
Planes acting as, get ready for it, planes. Not a HART/Turret/Escape Pod/Suicide Capsule/AWACS/A10/Swiss Army Knife that encourages jackass prima donnas who wouldn't know teamwork if it saved their life. Reduces the power of cheaters in planes, too, because the pilots will be there to witness the ridiculous artificially bloated kill stats of their gunners, and a pilot with an aimbot can't really do much with it.

Any pilot-operated weapons will eliminate gunners, largely, and the planes will go back to being uber-pods like they are now. Make the planes more fragile and vulnerable then tanks, instead of being more uber than tanks, and bring things back into balance.

We don't need the battlefields being a place where everyone has to be cowering in fear of an uber-plane, which is a second suit of very heavy armor, that flies, for the pilot, which he can use up, discard, then drop and fight in his other suit of armor with an HA weapon.

Nah. Don't ever need that again.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Man, you are obviously a hater on pilots. Its something that made planetside fun. Being on the last strand of armor in your reaver, a vanguard is at 5% armor and has escaped. Your out of rockets. The air is filled with gunfire and you dodge and weave crashing into the tank destroying it. *FUN*

Noob runs into you mid flight knocking you into a tree. *boom* 1 hr time *NOT FUN*

Flying over a tower in a mossie, the tower is undefended on the roof. You bail and storm down the stairs before getting cut down by 5 defenders *FUN*

Flying over a tower in a mossie, the tower is undefended on the roof. You land near by because you cant bail, you get out and join the zerg into the door, getting mowed down in half a second. *NOT FUN*

Defending a base, enemy pours through front door and back door only, no roof access because they cant bail onto the base. Only climbing the outside wall enables access to the upper entrances. Too easy to defend *NOT FUN*

Cert aircraft: Cant do anything without a gunner. No m8s on. No fun.

Aircraft was one of the things all the people in the friggen game pissed and moaned about. But a sky full of reavers could be held back by 2 sky guards, or 4 AA maxs. Or a magrider. Or a few wasps. Aircraft were balanced well in planetside. It took lower manpower to defend against a higher number of threats than anything else in the game.

Someone was right, you must have had a shitty time playing planetside because all you do is complain about stuff that made the game what it was.

Last edited by Peacemaker; 2011-02-08 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
I say no pilots can do anything weapons-related with their planes. Once the plane is unmanned, it can't hurt anything. If it is manned, it can't run into anything for any harm, but can crash and kill the pilot. If pilot is stupid and rams into a tree while damaged, last enemy to shoot him gets the kill. This will eliminate the guys who suicide to steal your hard-won XP by ramming their planes into mountains and trees.

The point? Planes as teamwork-demanding weapons platforms, having no capability of damaging anyone, anywhere, anytime, and by any means except with weapons. And, no hot-dropping. Land, get out, and fight if you want to put your feet on the ground. What a concept.

And, make it a one-hour timer if you crash a plane either in it or out of it. We get spawn-penalized for others killing us when we had no control over it, well make the same true for planes.

If you want an air superiority fighter, then make it so it can't go or shoot anything below 400m. There, go beat each other senseless up top. Let us know who wins so we can remember how little we care about whether you live or die.

Net desired effect: planes that can't hurt anything without doing it the old-fashioned way, by shooting it with weapons, you know, the way planes in the real world do it. Yes, I know it's a game, so don't bother reminding me. Weapons, I might add, which are controlled by the gunner, none by the pilot. Pilots who have to get out and walk or run to get a tower, base, whatever, JUST LIKE the ground vehicles guys have to do. Wow, so fair.

No bailures
No kamikazes
No planes as missiles
Planes acting as, get ready for it, planes. Not a HART/Turret/Escape Pod/Suicide Capsule/AWACS/A10/Swiss Army Knife that encourages jackass prima donnas who wouldn't know teamwork if it saved their life. Reduces the power of cheaters in planes, too, because the pilots will be there to witness the ridiculous artificially bloated kill stats of their gunners, and a pilot with an aimbot can't really do much with it.

Any pilot-operated weapons will eliminate gunners, largely, and the planes will go back to being uber-pods like they are now. Make the planes more fragile and vulnerable then tanks, instead of being more uber than tanks, and bring things back into balance.

We don't need the battlefields being a place where everyone has to be cowering in fear of an uber-plane, which is a second suit of very heavy armor, that flies, for the pilot, which he can use up, discard, then drop and fight in his other suit of armor with an HA weapon.

Nah. Don't ever need that again.
WOW what is your name ingame? I MUST reaver spam you to no armor, bail my reaver onto you doing alot of HP damage but not enough to kill you...then finish you off with HA.
Old 2011-02-08, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Moneypennie

Wow, I forgot how much people like to bitch

Anyway Smed, I am a hot chick and if you tell me all that I want to know about planetside next, I'll show you my lovely lady humps

Beta date: pg
release date: pg 13
ways ps: N would be different than ps: R
:30 second game play video: nc-17
Beta pass: I'll love you forever!
Old 2011-02-08, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Originally Posted by Traak View Post
<Supressing childhood fear of flying>
WOW what is your name ingame? I MUST reaver spam you to no armor, bail my reaver onto you doing alot of HP damage but not enough to kill you...then finish you off with HA.
Dang you beat me to it. *Note to self find and bomb Traak from a low altitude so he can't escape*
// Edit: speaking of horrible acts of war I hope we get napalm

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-02-08 at 01:52 AM.
Old 2011-02-08, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
KCTitan
Private

Originally Posted by Moneypennie View Post
Wow, I forgot how much people like to bitch

Anyway Smed, I am a hot chick and if you tell me all that I want to know about planetside next, I'll show you my lovely lady humps

Beta date: pg
release date: pg 13
ways ps: N would be different than ps: R
:30 second game play video: nc-17
Beta pass: I'll love you forever!
What will a screenshot of an NC Reaver get me?
Old 2011-02-08, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

He's usually TR, located in the CC sitting on the hack console asking in broadcast chat if anyone needs his AMS. Support God, indeed. =/
Old 2011-02-08, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Bags
Lieutenant General

I would pay $$$ to see this.
Old 2011-02-08, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Well, if you're subbed then you've done exactly that.
Old 2011-02-08, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

There's nothing wrong with bailing. Question is should a bailure be "hotdropping"

There's nothing wrong with Kamikazi.

Planetside does not have "planes". Don't expect "plane" physics. Expect futuristic aircraft with a realistic flight model.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2011-02-08, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Bags
Lieutenant General

All they need to do is;

Put in a static bail fail life %. Maybe let you bail past that if you don't take damage for x seconds.

If the pilot crashes his plane into the ground / tree, give the kill to the last person to shoot him.

There, 90% of complaints about pilots are fixed. No more BS rng bailing, no more suicides.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion