The darkness - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We solicate underage internet whoring...So bite us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-10, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Smokingrabbit
Private

Re: The darkness

I was unsure how the anounced night time would play out. After seeing it in action at E3 I am excited to play at night. I kept hoping someone would use the ir scope at night but sadly didnt see it. I am currious how it will effect the large scale battle plans. will the dedicated air cav move on to other continents? Will we see outfits that excel in this new environment? how will weather look at night? Experimenting with differant loadouts for night fighting is somthing I am really looking forward to. Do I use my heavy with close range or my infil with ir scoped sniper? Wonder how the meta game will evolve around this.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Smokingrabbit View Post
I was unsure how the anounced night time would play out. After seeing it in action at E3 I am excited to play at night. I kept hoping someone would use the ir scope at night but sadly didnt see it. I am currious how it will effect the large scale battle plans. will the dedicated air cav move on to other continents? Will we see outfits that excel in this new environment? how will weather look at night? Experimenting with differant loadouts for night fighting is somthing I am really looking forward to. Do I use my heavy with close range or my infil with ir scoped sniper? Wonder how the meta game will evolve around this.
Being a dedicated Air Cav I know that I will either invest in a nightvision cert, or some sort of infrared if they have it. If they don't, then I'll have to tough it out cause I'm not missing night combat for anything!
Old 2012-06-10, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Notser
Staff Sergeant

Very refreshing to see a game embrace a day/night cycle and require players to play according to the time of day. Find that too many games are scared to make the player change how they play, will look forward to all the nighttime accessories that they give us for all the vehicles/weapons.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Raffj
Private

I love the look of night right now. Complete utter darkness right until the gunfire starts and the sky lights up with Tracers and lasers. I also think that bases are lit well enough right now. I feel like if the bases were very well lit outside it would defeat half the point of the night being so dark considering a large amount of combat will take place in and around bases.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

The idea of a spotlight on aircraft would also be awesome, I know its been mentioned before but that would look utterly incredible, and it would serve a gameplay purpose.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Toppopia
Major

I hope that turning up brightness does nothing to help you see, so it should turn pitch black into a grey but it won't let you see better, since some games do try to do night time, then you just turn up brightness and it doesn't matter, so hopefully they make it so everyone is on a level playing field, even if you do turn up brightness.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rhophi
Private

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I hope that turning up brightness does nothing to help you see, so it should turn pitch black into a grey but it won't let you see better, since some games do try to do night time, then you just turn up brightness and it doesn't matter, so hopefully they make it so everyone is on a level playing field, even if you do turn up brightness.
I think anyone who tries to increase the gamma will be seriously screwed over by someone who runs at them with a flashlight, so i don't really see any advantage that could be had.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Atheosim
Captain

I think the darkness is fine, but I want the inside of the facilities to actually have functional lightning.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Fanglord
Sergeant

The darkness is one of the most interesting additions, just hope they don't nerf it. Would really take away the usefulness of night aiding equipment; an to those gamma upperers, why spoil the fun for yourself.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vanu Techpriest
Corporal

I don't have a problem with night being dark and I think the tracers look awesome but I still want to be able to make out enemy silhouettes. I wont be pumping up the gamma so much that it's just as bright as day but I'm not trying to play Silent Hill either.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Vorgan
Private

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
I think the darkness is fine, but I want the inside of the facilities to actually have functional lightning.
This, completely agree. Functional lighting indoors would perfectly complement the awesome nights. The combat we've seen hasn't given a clear image of what it'll be like during a night fight at a base with deeper interior sections though...very interested to see how this'll all play out in a tech facility or a biolab (especially biolabs).
Old 2012-06-10, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shiftfaced
Private

I've heard about flashlights and seen infrared but not much about actual night vision. Is that going to be in the game?
Old 2012-06-10, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Revelator
Private

Misc Info

Not to go all science-babble on everyone, and I am in no way a scientist, but shouldn't a moon that size reflect a lot of ambient light on to the planet?
Old 2012-06-10, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
commiedic
Private

I love night time play. It closes and opens doors via different tactics that couldn't be done during the day.

Also I like it being really dark outside of the base, but I think it should be pretty bright inside the base since it seemed that it should be lit up like NYC. Outside the base though... very dark is better. They should also implement different moon phases like in ArmA 2. Full moon phases are brighter than new moon. =P
Old 2012-06-10, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
Not to go all science-babble on everyone, and I am in no way a scientist, but shouldn't a moon that size reflect a lot of ambient light on to the planet?
Could be that the surface isn't made up of the same stuff our moon is made up of, could be a much less reflective substance or something.

I am le brainstorming hurr
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion