Higby Tweets new Loadout Screen WIP - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: watch for falling rocks
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-07, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Higby Tweets new Loadout Screen WIP

Looks cool but I think I'm going to need a bigger screen!
Old 2013-02-07, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Not bad. Might be nice to have arrows on either side of the 3D model to quickly cycle between available weapons for the slot.
Old 2013-02-07, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
Anyways, yes, I do. But at 4am I have no inclination to post a 3 page dissection of the PS2 UI and how it has no flow and is graphically messy/unfocused.
Awesome then wait till another time and post constructively.

Everyone on the Internet is a professional

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-07, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Nice. I'm guessing that those numbers mean that there is now more than 3 customisation options for each class now. Hopefully they also correspond to hotkeys so that we can grab out loadouts quicker.

Slowly, slowly... we will get back original Planetside elements ;p

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-02-08, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Armchair game designers..

Gotta love it. Have anything constructive to contribute? Something that may be actually useful for devs reading this thread?
I think it should be pointed out that professions do/should expect to be paid for their work, so really all should have around here are arm chair folks. I mean, I don't work for free, you don't work for free, so why would a professional designer spend more time here than to say, "that stinks, do better"?
Old 2013-02-08, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
I think it should be pointed out that professions do/should expect to be paid for their work, so really all should have around here are arm chair folks. I mean, I don't work for free, you don't work for free, so why would a professional designer spend more time here than to say, "that stinks, do better"?
Are you serious? Who wants to have discussions on that low level? In with Hamma here, if you criticize something you can't just say "that's shit, I hate it". you need to give reasons.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Looks like someone needs to spend some of those Infantry resources.

Originally Posted by ChrisLand View Post
It looks like they are changing the icons for the classes...? (Left side) maybe I'm wrong.
I wouldn't get too hung up on the class list. It looks to me that it was just quickly thrown together because it's probably not going to change. I mean, Infiltrator with the Combat Medic symbol? Nah.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Are you serious? Who wants to have discussions on that low level? In with Hamma here, if you criticize something you can't just say "that's shit, I hate it". you need to give reasons.

.sent via phone.
If one actually is trained in the area, than like it or not that is their professional opinion and they're really not obligated to spend their time solving someone else's issue in their field for free. Now for the rest of we mere mortals, indeed it should be expected and encouraged that we wax figmental about all issues here, in the hopes that a nugget of usefulness can be formed around our collective, often colourful, creativity.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

One comment - I would not have 2 tiers of alternate weapons graphics - just one but still scrollable. Makes the stuff on top i.e. the attachments more useful perhaps.

OR keep the 2 tiers with the option of having the same gun with savable locked in favorites
i.e. CARV-NV scope, CARV-SILENCER

rather than 1 gun per slot

Old 2013-02-08, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Looks really great + I love statistics
Old 2013-02-08, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ChrisLand
Corporal

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
I wouldn't get too hung up on the class list. It looks to me that it was just quickly thrown together because it's probably not going to change. I mean, Infiltrator with the Combat Medic symbol? Nah.
Ya good call. I'm looking too close at the details
Old 2013-02-08, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
If one actually is trained in the area, than like it or not that is their professional opinion and they're really not obligated to spend their time solving someone else's issue in their field for free. Now for the rest of we mere mortals, indeed it should be expected and encouraged that we wax figmental about all issues here, in the hopes that a nugget of usefulness can be formed around our collective, often colourful, creativity.
You are right, no professional is obligated to work for free, but this is the internet, nobody knows who you are. You could be Kim jong un and say you are a professional game artist. In an internet forum all that counts is what you post. It doesn't matter what profession you really have or claim to have because there is no way to know if it's true. And because of this, the quality of your posts is not determined by your claimed profession, but by the quality of your posts.

Btw, there are many people who are really terrible at their job, so just because someone is a game designer it does not mean he is a good game designer. Respect of one's opinion has to be earned and can not be given instantly just because some guy on the internet says he is a professional whatever.

Tldr: if you criticize something, give reasons, no matter who you are. If you can't do that, don't criticize.

.sent via phone.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-08 at 01:56 AM.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Pella
Captain

Much needed Weapon Stats.

+1
Old 2013-02-08, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
No, professional, thank you very much (also graphics designer).

Anyways, yes, I do. But at 4am I have no inclination to post a 3 page dissection of the PS2 UI and how it has no flow and is graphically messy/unfocused.
I would actually love that you would walk the talk and post a 3 page improvement suggestion on the UI. That would help the devs and the community a lot. And who knows what might come out of it. You are aware that they recruit from within their own community right? Ask Malorn how he got his job.
Old 2013-02-08, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Canaris
Contributor
General

ummm could we possible get a shot that's taken from the front so it's a bit more clear? tilting my screen isn't working

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion