The Ultimate Engineer Information Thread - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fo Shizzle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-09, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Re: The Ultimate Engineer Information Thread

A MAX units worst enemy, a friendly engineer!

MAX Unit-Keep sticking them god damn mines to me an ill wear you like a glove!

Engineer-Sticks another one on for a laugh.

This could really piss some MAX units off lol, maybe theyll have to have some kind of acceptance button ha.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
At the Curse party on Saturday night of PAX East, Higby told me in person that they believe the system for Engineers using ACEs will be that the ACE can turn into anything (turrets, barriers, explosives, etc), but you have to choose which blueprints you want to bring with you. He did not specify how many blueprints you will be able to carry, but I'm sure it will be adjustable based on unlocks, sidegrades, etc.

And btw, Higby's a fucking rockstar.

~Zachariah
I dont think I like that .I think an Engineer needs to have all of his tools available .Otherwise its like making an Engineer into more then 1 class .I can see it now " Engineer ,I need some mines over there. Sorry I only have turrets,I'll go change load out to mines.I come back ,but now we are under attack ,now i dont need mines , i need turrets,but i dont have turrets i have mines .Sounds stupid.
Does the Medic have to choose to spec heal or to rez? no , he does both.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

This is cool and all, but you know. . . .There is a Wiki for purposes such as this!!!
Old 2012-04-09, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
At the Curse party on Saturday night of PAX East, Higby told me in person that they believe the system for Engineers using ACEs will be that the ACE can turn into anything (turrets, barriers, explosives, etc), but you have to choose which blueprints you want to bring with you. He did not specify how many blueprints you will be able to carry, but I'm sure it will be adjustable based on unlocks, sidegrades, etc.

And btw, Higby's a fucking rockstar.

~Zachariah
That sounds pretty good, you could take a indoor Loadout, or defence, vehicle and assault. I'm looking forward to finding out more, shame we can't just have all of the blue prints at once

Added to info mate

Last edited by Magpie; 2012-04-09 at 04:36 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Many thanks, Magpie. And I think that the system of blueprints is really good, because it allows the Devs to make TONS of things that an ACE can become, knowing that we'll be limited by what blueprints we bring. Want more blueprints at once? Maybe you give up your medkits for them; customization! I prefer this blueprints system to the alternative, wherein the Devs need to limit how many things an ACE can become because they don't want us Engineers to be OP. I don't want any class to be any better than any other class.

:-)

~Zachariah

Last edited by LZachariah; 2012-04-09 at 04:50 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Oryon22
First Sergeant

I plan on rolling an engineer + Gal. pilot.

Old 2012-04-10, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Is this also where the hackers are going to be?

Planetside basicly had 3 support skills.

Engineering, repairs and fortifies bases/camps and set up traps or blow stuf up.

Hacking unlocks doors, use enemy/nutral terminals and steal vehicles.

Medic heals and resurect down players.

I was mainly an AdvHack Combat Engineer. Picked up adv hack because got tired of getting stuck at an EqTerm when a base was under hack. Picked up engineering to repair vehicles. Then combat engineering when I realise the diffrent tricks I could do with boomers and jammers. Never did medic stuff because well I would use medkits or regen implant. Also if I was a medic I would might as well be an adv medic.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Updated
Old 2012-05-21, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Hey Guys with a few new picture about i've given it update! Long Live the Engineer!
Old 2012-06-05, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

I didn't want to open up a new thread so I decided to post in this one.

Is anyone else concerned about the impact of turrets placed indoors?

I'm sure there is some type of feature that prevents them from being stacked up side-by-side, but what about positioning them a small distance in front of doorways? People just run through the door only to get raped by an indoor turret that has a shield and can virtually take out just about anything coming through the doorway albeit a MAX.
Old 2012-06-05, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by WildEagle View Post
I didn't want to open up a new thread so I decided to post in this one.

Is anyone else concerned about the impact of turrets placed indoors?

I'm sure there is some type of feature that prevents them from being stacked up side-by-side, but what about positioning them a small distance in front of doorways? People just run through the door only to get raped by an indoor turret that has a shield and can virtually take out just about anything coming through the doorway albeit a MAX.
The next guy will chuck a grenade, a boomer, or a missile in it's general direction
Old 2012-06-05, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

If it dont move its an easy target. Suprise is a short lived advantage.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Knightwyvern View Post
The next guy will chuck a grenade, a boomer, or a missile in it's general direction
Sometimes the first player may chuck in the grenade before entering. They will cost resources, but it's hard to put a price on tactical entry.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I look forward to the apparently free placement of turrets in PS2. In PS1 they were quite restrictive (non-AI turrets I mean). You couldn't place them in bases, or near other equipment. Got killed countless times running around staring at the ground trying to find a place I could deploy one. And when I could finally deploy one it usually was too far out of range to do any damage.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
I look forward to the apparently free placement of turrets in PS2. In PS1 they were quite restrictive (non-AI turrets I mean). You couldn't place them in bases, or near other equipment. Got killed countless times running around staring at the ground trying to find a place I could deploy one. And when I could finally deploy one it usually was too far out of range to do any damage.
I hope if they need to be toned down for balance, they don't do it by extreme restriction on their placement. I get why it was important in the first Planetside, since bases were significantly smaller and more confined, but I like freedom in that sort of gameplay.

I really hope they never are forced to bring back vehicles deconstructing when in the wrong place either. Driving an ATV into absurd places is going to be a past time of mine. And why not? They are easy to blow up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion