Hey Guys, I'm startin' on Briggs - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll wax your turtle.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Briggs (AU)

Old 2013-08-01, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
exohkay
Private

Re: Hey Guys, I'm startin' on Briggs

Originally Posted by Polar North View Post
ahhhhhhhk, I see how it is now , been playing a lot of late (everyday) and I see wat u mean tho, one moment we culd be holding off VS and then all of a sudden we just get rolled completely as the pop skews to 20% us 80% them.

Annoying, but thats MMOs for ya :3 haha
Yep, it certainly is. It's been a bit better as of late though, due to Alert XP scaling with how long you've been on a faction for the alert.

Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
The bird is right, if we don't get people back playing then we may lose Briggs................ The US has the same number of timezones and thier servers are split betwen the coasts. I'm waiting for a big advertising push from SOE in Asia to boost our server pop.
I don't really notice a deficit of players. Sure, during early morning it's usually only people at the crown and Esamir/Amerish are dead till the afternoon - but it's not much different in the US during non-peak hours. Briggs is still vibrant.
Old 2013-08-01, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bulltahr
Corporal

Vibrant it is, I enjoying playing on Briggs and would hate it if we had to merge.
I wonder what our pop numbers are compared to some of the other servers. I would hate it if we were too crowded........
Old 2013-08-01, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
exohkay
Private

Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
Vibrant it is, I enjoying playing on Briggs and would hate it if we had to merge.
I wonder what our pop numbers are compared to some of the other servers. I would hate it if we were too crowded........
I don't know the stats exactly, but we're not too far behind the others

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/popu...all&timezone=0
Old 2013-08-07, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bulltahr
Corporal

Thanks, interesting link, I see that during the quiet periods we don't seem as quiet as some of the other servers durng thier mornings.
Hopefully evens out the player hours when compared to some of the other servers.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
hammyhamm
Private

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Why do they swap tho?
Its not as if you can play both characters as once.
They should never have allowed it on the same server.
We had alts in PS1 but not on the same server and only rarely played them.
Who ever you choose stick with them and remain loyal to the faction.
If you want to try another faction then do it on Connery, we'll probably all be over there in another 6mths if something doesnt bring past players back.
Although 1-alt limit could forseeably work on the US servers, it is incompatible with Briggs due to it being the only AU server in existence and would be unfair to out population to deny them 2/3 of the game content due to a decision they make when they begin. The idea of faction loyalty is a good community building gimmick, but forcing it would be counterproductive to the community at large.

Having cooldown timers of an hour or two between faction switching may be a better solution but the most recent update has already kerbed the amound of XP gain from an alert to be dependent on the time spent online there so that makes that issue a moot point.

Last edited by hammyhamm; 2013-08-10 at 01:01 AM.
Old 2013-08-10, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
HooWoo
Private

The problem is, from those stats shown, we're basically out-popped nearly all the time. If TR is down a 'few' percent then that means 28-30% TR, and 72-70% for the rest of the factions, it's not fair at all and that's why we need more active players.
Old 2013-08-11, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
OCNSethy
Major

Im with Bulltahr on this, I love playing on Briggs and would be a sad panda if we were merged. Lag issues not withstanding, the US servers have a different 'vib' and at times Ive found they can be quiet... how can I say... aggressive, especially to their own factions.
Old 2013-08-11, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
HooWoo
Private

If we were merged then 200ping+ = laterz SOE :P
Old 2013-08-11, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
hammyhamm
Private

Originally Posted by HooWoo View Post
The problem is, from those stats shown, we're basically out-popped nearly all the time. If TR is down a 'few' percent then that means 28-30% TR, and 72-70% for the rest of the factions
Now that's fighting like TR!
Old 2013-08-11, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
exohkay
Private

Populations change. As long as your faction isn't drastically underpop'd, such as 25%, you're fine.

Sure, you'll lose territory, but by having 3 factions does limit this to some extent, and the factions roughly tend to go for the faction that is overpopped, at the moment there is a tendancy for both factions to hit VS when we've got Indar bonus. Not to say that's all the time, but it's more frequent than say NC / VS hitting TR or VS/TR hitting NC (although this can be common).

NC/TR will get a balance pass and a weapon overhaul, and people will migrate to them.

For the time being just focus on winning achievable fights.
Old 2013-08-11, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Im with Bulltahr on this, I love playing on Briggs and would be a sad panda if we were merged. Lag issues not withstanding, the US servers have a different 'vib' and at times Ive found they can be quiet... how can I say... aggressive, especially to their own factions.
yeah i love how each server has its own "personality", makes the game feel unique.
Old 2013-08-13, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If and when they do a balance pass on the TR and NC I hope its enough to bring people back to the game.
I suspect BF4 and even the new consoles will be out well before that ever happens.

If I'd jumped on as a new NC player recently I would have swapped factions.
Why persist in being nothing more than fodder for a zerg overwhelming you everywhere you go.
Most will join the current winning faction.
But even playing with the latest zerg will lose its appeal eventually as the targets dry up and you spend more time steam rolling through empty bases.
Our population on Briggs isnt going up, its on the downward trend.

Connery has ~800 during Briggs prime time which in turn has dropped to the lowest of all the servers during prime time, ~1500.
All the other servers have prime time pops well above 2000.

The effect of your ping on West Coast servers is not as bad as people think.
Its where a lot of us played through tech tests and beta.
All of those from PS1 played on there as well, 10 years ago.

Server Transfer Tokens should be available before the end of the month.
It'll be interesting to see what changes happen with the US server population split.
Old 2013-08-14, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
hammyhamm
Private

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
If and when they do a balance pass on the TR and NC I hope its enough to bring people back to the game.
I suspect BF4 and even the new consoles will be out well before that ever happens.

If I'd jumped on as a new NC player recently I would have swapped factions.
Why persist in being nothing more than fodder for a zerg overwhelming you everywhere you go.
Most will join the current winning faction.
But even playing with the latest zerg will lose its appeal eventually as the targets dry up and you spend more time steam rolling through empty bases.
Our population on Briggs isnt going up, its on the downward trend.

Connery has ~800 during Briggs prime time which in turn has dropped to the lowest of all the servers during prime time, ~1500.
All the other servers have prime time pops well above 2000.

The effect of your ping on West Coast servers is not as bad as people think.
Its where a lot of us played through tech tests and beta.
All of those from PS1 played on there as well, 10 years ago.

Server Transfer Tokens should be available before the end of the month.
It'll be interesting to see what changes happen with the US server population split.
The frustration with playing on US servers is primarily the rubber-banding of other air units, the loading-screen session issues when entering/exiting vehicles and being constantly killed before or after you pass a corner.

I foresee an issue regarding server transfer - that being that there will be a new-player push to go onto the "big" server, leading to some servers being over-populated and others player-starved. I very much hope geography protects Briggs from that dilemma!

Hopefully there will be a "magic" price for the transfer tokens - high enough to make transferring between servers a risk, but low enough to not be considered a price-gouge - but I guess this is the nature of F2P and I'd be naive to think otherwise.
Old 2013-08-14, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hobnail
Private

Move Connery to Hawaii!
Old 2013-08-14, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hobnail View Post
Move Connery to Hawaii!
But just dont tell the yanks!

And with the deaths before or after you pass a corner, that happens on every server you play on, even Briggs.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-08-14 at 07:51 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Briggs (AU)