"Must Have" weapons for each faction / vehicle? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This site is MSG free.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-07, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Re: "Must Have" weapons for each faction / vehicle?

For infiltrator...

Your faction's SMG. Or one of 'em.
If you intend to snipe, a bolt-action sniper rifle might be gold.

For Light Assault...

C-4 is a selling point, but you can only buy that with certs...

For the Engineer...

The new Anti-Vehicle turret is a definite must-have. Also tank-mines, but like the C-4 above, those require certs.

Medic...
Can't think of any definite MUST HAVES as far as medic weapons go.

Heavy Assault...
ROCKET LAUNCHERS! The two that I have the greatest respect for are the Grounder (or equivalent) and the Decimator. All-around, grounder is probably the best rocket launcher before they introduce the new faction-specific ones. It has an anti-air lock on, but can still be dumb-fired at ground targets such as maxes and tanks. The decimator is pure dumbfire but has the highest damage output of any rocket launcher in the game (though it is suggested that it may do less damage to non-max infantry... if you just want to anti-infantry with your rocket launcher, stick to the default).

Depending on faction, your faction-specific heavy weapon may be a must-have. Though most TR agree the mini-chaingun is not quite at that level.

Max...

The burster for the arm that doesn't get it by default. The anti-infantry weapon for the arm that doesn't get it by default. Aside from that, nothing else is necessarily "must have" though there will always be those weapons like the TR's Mercy that people swear by.

Flash:
ANY weapon is theoretically a must-have, since otherwise the flash is completely unarmed. Most people swear by the fury, though you may find the basilisk to be the best all-around weapon, and the only one that deals decent damage to enemy vehicles. The other two are more anti-infantry.
There is nothing like destroying an enemy tank with a flash basilisk.

Sunderer:
Personally, I would put my faith in the walker for anti-air and the bulldog for the sunderer. That being said, I am not 100% sure that either can necessarily be called a "must-have" as the sunderer basilisks are quite effective against all targets. Just most people don't trust them because they are DEFAULT OH NOES and assume that any sundy driver using them must be a NOOB. This is not actually the case, the truth is any sundy driver who hasn't given them at least 1 cert of ammo upgrade and 1 cert of manification is a noob.

Lightning:
Skyguard, because sometimes you just got to pull out the anti-air. Aside from that, it is up to you whether you want your lightning to shoot 6 fast weak bursts or 1 slow strong shot.

Prowler:
None that I would necessarily say is a -must have- but people swear by the walker for your anti-air needs. The basilisk would be fine for anti-air except for the substantial problem that it can't aim very high. Of course, the walker has problems aiming down, so it's an even trade off. But then, you can always shoot ground targets with your HEAT.
Other people swear by the HE for anti-infantry, but that reduces your anti-vehicle efficacy, and the HEAT is perfectly good for AI and AV.

Mosquito:
Rocket pods rocket pods rocket pods. No other extraneous weapon is as necessary for your mossy as rocket pods. Maybe if you feel inclined to AA exclusively, you may want the A2A missiles, but with the prevalence of flares all over the place, those are not as reliable as they might be. The alternate nose guns for the mossy are a give-and-take, and hence not terribly "must have."

Liberator:
The default belly gun is crap. Replace it with a Dalton or a Zepher. ANYTHING but the default gun. If you feel inclined to give the pilot something worth shooting, a tank buster nose gun is also nice. The tail gun need not necessarily be replaced depending on circumstances, but if you feel compelled to find something better for it, I would suggest the walker.

Galaxy:
This... is the one vehicle the offensive and defensive capabilities of which I have not adequately analyzed, but I would reccomend replacing some of the weapons with walker. I need to review possible Galaxy loadouts in more detail to give you anything more than that.

Hope somebody finds that useful.
Old 2013-03-07, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by irodex View Post
Are slugs any good?
Yeah, putting slugs in a shotgun gives you long-ranged capabilities that rival many longer-ranged automatics.

Just be wary of close quarters situations with them; it kind of turns CQB into a nightmare.
Old 2013-03-07, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Carrionghoul
Private

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The Oirion beats the LSW on paper, so why do so many VS prefer the LSW?
The Orion ends up being the equivalent of the TR's MSW-R. Huge ROF, awesome hip fire, crap at med/long range. If you are only fighting CQC the Orion is great. The minute you have to run across a field it becomes obvious where it is lacking.

The LSW is a great "overall" weapon similar to (and actually better than) the TR's TMG-50. LSW has decent hip fire, large clip, fast reload and is good at med/long range. The only drawback is a lack of a compensator attachment. When you don't feel like constantly switching between LMG load outs, the versatility of the LSW is where it's at.
Old 2013-03-08, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Koadster
Sergeant Major

For medics on TR/NC

TR- Cylcer TRV
NC- GR22

Although if you play medic alot.. Before you spend certs on guns, dont be a nub... BUY LEVEL 6 MEDIC GUN, level5 at the very least.

Sundie: Bulldog & M20 (it allows basic AA defense but still allows ground attacking)
Lighting: HEAT

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-08, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

As a Heavy, I love the Flare. The LSW is a close second though, and I like the SVA-88 for long-range work. The Orion is good for CQB, but it's also boring as hell.

As for anything else... well... I'm no expert there. I do like the Sirius though, and taking that as an Engineer can be fun - gives people a horrible surprise when they try to jump you while you're repairing.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion