News: AGN Community Night December 17th - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place you have friends.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]

Old 2011-12-09, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: AGN Community Night December 17th

We are in CST now, not CDT.

And sure Khottabych you could join the panel, just send one of us a PM. I am unsure if we will have dev participation this time around.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-12-09, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Marsman
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
We are in CST now, not CDT.
Crap can never keep that straight. Ok -6 UTC puts the show at 1 AM UTC

Thanks Hamma for straightening me out.
Old 2011-12-10, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Marsman View Post
Crap can never keep that straight. Ok -6 UTC puts the show at 1 AM UTC

Thanks Hamma for straightening me out.
I may have to sack the girlfriend for tonight just to watch it, that's dedication

Edit, why am I a week early? looooooooool

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2011-12-10 at 06:53 PM.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

So that Higby doesn't get chewed out too much this time around, it might be an idea if Yates would be willing to come on, to discuss from an art standpoint what the advantages (and potential pitfalls) of naval combat might be in the game.

After all, if it can't appear during launch, there's no reason it couldn't by applied later as part of an expansion.

Old 2011-12-11, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

I know naval combat is something that has been on the wishlist for years in PS, but I think it'd be interesting to throw space combat into the mix too.

As basti says, we don't have any info to go on at the moment. But if Higby can't make it, I'd settle for a discussion on the AGN about the positives and negatives of both, and what you guys would prefer first, naval combat or space combat?

Personally, I've always wanted space combat, with linked objectives between what happens in space, and what happens on Auraxis.
At the risk of sounding like, "I want PS2 to be Star Wars", the best example is probably the final battle of Jedi. ie, Destroy the shield generator on Endor to attack the Death Star.
I think that would kick the epic factor into overdrive.

Just a thought
Old 2011-12-11, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SurgeonX View Post
Personally, I've always wanted space combat, with linked objectives between what happens in space, and what happens on Auraxis. At the risk of sounding like, "I want PS2 to be Star Wars", the best example is probably the final battle of Jedi. ie, Destroy the shield generator on Endor to attack the Death Star. I think that would kick the epic factor into overdrive. Just a thought
I think the only realistic way we might see space combat is if they make the alien species an AI-only faction they could tweak as the storyline went along.

In the first game the story didn't cater at all well for their presence but, with the incident involving Pluto's destruction as part of the new canon, it might be possible, since Humanity's realignment of the warpgate network would collapse the wormhole. If the civilisation was powerful enough to destroy an entire world they would certainly have installed sensors that monitored the warpgates, so would probably dispatch a scouting fleet to the planet to determine what had happened.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2011-12-11 at 06:50 PM.
Old 2011-12-11, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
KernolKlusterFk
Corporal

I think Naval combat is one of the best ideas that can come to Planetside because of the huge associated/ex/enlisted military background gamers that love Planetside for its teamwork elements. Nothing says teamwork more than an outfit trying to maneuver a large vessel to unleash destruction on the battlefield via artillery, supplying, landing etc.
It would be amazing to see about 100 players from an outfit running a huge battleship they created with the resources they gained from their bases.

Last edited by KernolKlusterFk; 2011-12-12 at 12:38 PM.
Old 2011-12-12, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Any word on a Higby/Tray/whoever appear? SOE PR people, if you read this (you propably do, stalkers! ), we promise to not talk Higby or whoever into giving us more video.
Old 2011-12-12, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nope.

Didn't know until a couple days before last time though

Old 2011-12-12, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Nope.

Didn't know until a couple days before last time though
Well, make sure you post it all over the net once you know. I want 500+ viewers this time!
Old 2011-12-12, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I will be at work again, so have a nice broadcast. I wish I could make it, because I would love to give my input on Veteran Rewards: There should be none. Why does anyone feel they need veteran rewards? It's ridiculous. The game is starting over again. We should all start at square one. We don't deserve anything extra for chosing to play Planetside before. We should just be thanking SOE for making another awesome game.

From a marketing standpoint, VR's at launch are not a good idea anyways. Old PS players will return and new players shouldn't feel like they are missing out on something.

If Hamma would be obliged, please add my comment to the discussion since I cannot make it. Thank you.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2011-12-12, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm sure someone will share your views either way

I keep adding this to the Agenda because we keep not having enough time for it.

Old 2011-12-12, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by KernolKlusterFk View Post
I think Naval combat is is one of the best ideas that can come to Planetside because of the huge associated/ex/enlisted military background gamers that love Planetside for its teamwork elements. Nothing says teamwork more than an outfit trying to maneuver a large vessel to unleash destruction on the battlefield via artillery, supplying, landing etc.
It would be amazing to see about 100 players from an outfit running a huge battleship they created with the resources they gained from their bases.
I really like this statement; rather than smply having an economic battle between three empires, have one between outfits of those empires! Better yet, the idea of an outfit base was one thing, but as a mobile platform that can deploy into/out of a facility on land or sea (think RA3)? I think that would be awesome.

Update [Verteran Bonuses]: = I do agree with Evilpig's assessment, with a few adjustments. I believe there should be bonuses offered to people who pre-order certain versions of the game (if there are standard and special editions), but not for people who once played PlanetSide.

However, to show the studio appreciates players who come back for PS2, there should be a tiered-service ribbon visible on their playermodel and their stats page to other users, based on whether they played PS, Core Combat, Aftershock or all of them. That way those people can represent themselves or their clan with pride.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2011-12-12 at 12:02 PM.
Old 2011-12-12, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
KernolKlusterFk
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
I really like this statement; rather than smply having an economic battle between three empires, have one between outfits of those empires! Better yet, the idea of an outfit base was one thing, but as a mobile platform that can deploy into/out of a facility on land or sea (think RA3)? I think that would be awesome.

Update [Verteran Bonuses]: = I do agree with Evilpig's assessment, with a few adjustments. I believe there should be bonuses offered to people who pre-order certain versions of the game (if there are standard and special editions), but not for people who once played PlanetSide.

However, to show the studio appreciates players who come back for PS2, there should be a tiered-service ribbon visible on their playermodel and their stats page to other users, based on whether they played PS, Core Combat, Aftershock or all of them. That way those people can represent themselves or their clan with pride.
Thanks, I can see Navy based Outfits being made where their ship is their HQ, and it can be modified with acquired resources. I hope the devs make rivers running through the current maps so they can later implement a naval expansion to be used in those maps.
Old 2011-12-12, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by KernolKlusterFk View Post
Thanks, I can see Navy based Outfits being made where their ship is their HQ, and it can be modified with acquired resources. I hope the devs make rivers running through the current maps so they can later implement a naval expansion to be used in those maps.
I always wanted Naval units on Cyssor - it's the one map in PS2 other than perhaps the battle islands that would be suited for it. Every base near some sort of water, all the water connected.

So an updated Cyssorside, naval combat edition for PS2

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]