Darkfall: Unholy Wars - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I can't run that Solitaire thing, but will PS be ok?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2013-02-10, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Yeah, I stopped playing the beta. Will always lurk their OT boards. <-- Xarnthal there
Lysandor here. I've seen you around over the years.

Old 2013-03-05, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

This game is terrible. Has been, will be. To each his own though.
Old 2013-04-04, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Assist
Contributor
Major

Just a heads up, beta is ending and game is releasing. NDA was lifted today, should start to see some videos popping up.
Changes to the combat system, to make it a little more consistent are coming in patches soon and other things.

If you guys recall the name Ripper X, he was always a big video guy in Darkfall 1. He also does the First Impression games for mmorpg.com, and he has done one for Darkfall: Unholy Wars. They're pretty much a tutorial through the beginning of the game, and he does a good job usually explaining the game. I'm guessing with DFUW he'll do a bit more info with this game, since he knows a good bit about DFUW. It's 40 minutes long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x_1H2N-rQFI

Just a random vid by Ripper I think

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-04 at 06:46 PM.
Old 2013-04-05, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Assist
Contributor
Major

http://www.twitch.tv/sendogsinister
Old 2013-04-15, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Assist
Contributor
Major

Welp, for anyone who cares the game is officially launching. It should be available on Steam tomorrow I believe.

Also the developers have decided they're doing banning of cheaters/exploiters "Wall of shame style". If caught cheating or exploiting, you get banned even if you're the leader of the largest clan in the game. http://www.unholybanhammer.com/
Given their stance in DF1, if you are banned they won't give you an explanation and there is no sort of appeals system.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-15 at 06:46 PM.
Old 2013-04-16, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I preordered... I guess I should at least see if my money was completely wasted.

Old 2013-04-16, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Despite its Many floors , Its Dev team failing 100% to listen to any reason from there ardent fans on how to easily fix there game , the rampant botting and geometry exploiting that took place , insane map size and travel times , and the grind needed to level and keep even a modest bank

Darkfall delivered in Epic open clan warfare like no other mmo has done before or since , sieges were huge with massive wagers and 1000's of city building hours on the line . Citys for the most part were fantasticly designed and offered a huge variety of design and locations . Huge alliances going head to head for sometimes months at a time in bitter grudge matches . The naval warfare was super cool 50 cannon man o wars down to 4 gun bragantines .

Such potential wasted ... o well the wait for the mmo holy grail continues

Last edited by Maarvy; 2013-04-16 at 04:05 PM.
Old 2013-04-17, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Assist
Contributor
Major

Yeah the biggest issue I have right now is the lack of boats in the game, which won't matter until a month or so in when people have the resources to build them. Also no enchanting is very disappointing, that was a critical system to DF1 pve, I hope they get it in soon.
I'm waiting for this weekend to give it a shot, maybe another week after that. I want the game to succeed, but it completely depends on the population just like DF1.
Old 2013-04-19, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

No ships , No warhulks , god knows if cannons are still in ...

Sieges will be boring as hell and take forever killing walls with hammers and battle spikes .

The thing this game realy needed was no grind for levels or gear , they failed to deliver this one thing .

The original would have been amazing if leveling /gearing your char was way way easier . Guilds should have been spawning large ships after 1 month . Instead even some of the largest Alliances were unable to pull them 6 months or a year in to the game . Most guilds even large ones couldnt contemplate building a Man o War the resource cost was so insane .

I was a Alliance leader in SBA / Graveyard during the pre NA server period of the game . Arguably one of the most powerfull aliances in game up untill we disbanded at transfers and it took us such a effort to build our first Man 0 War we didnt use as it truly deserved to be used .

Last edited by Maarvy; 2013-04-19 at 07:41 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion