PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 20 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: :Insert Hamma Skeeter joke here:
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-18, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #286
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Real-life Apache tactics won't work in Planetside. Motion and momentum for VTOL aircraft does not work the same, plus nobody's really surprised when their radar minimap shows a Reaver-shaped icon or Mossie-shaped icon hiding behind the big brown nipple. And really, from my own experiences flying, a stationary Reaver/Mossie is a dead VTOL (warpgate excluded).
True...most people equate helicopter tactics with what we see in Iraq or A'stan. That's a mistake. You try that tactic against an enemy of equivalent skill and technology and you are dead.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-02-18, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #287
Hamma
PSU Admin

Indeed!

And add to that that every person in PlanetSide has the capability to shoot you in some way. Just one random Mosquito flying from A to B just totally destroys any plan you may have had to stalk someone.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-18, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #288
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Indeed!

And add to that that every person in PlanetSide has the capability to shoot you in some way. Just one random Mosquito flying from A to B just totally destroys any plan you may have had to stalk someone.
This is true, and the fact that every one in Planet Side has Anti vehicle weapons on there back not just 1 or 2 guys in a squad makes flying very difficult no matter what you have. A lot of these things can be changed and made better in planetside next, I doubt they will change the game mechanics that much but it is a thought. I would not mind a more realistic simulation scifi style game.

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Livefire, you troll, how about troll my nuts a little. I said I was done with you. I'm not going to grace your idiotic troll post with a response because you, in the hopes of trying to feel like a real man again, completely misinterpreted what I said. Suffice it to say, you're wrong 99% of the time and once again, you completely missed the mark on just about all counts. What you said might be technically accurate, but if you'd ever bothered to talk to Apache pilots you might know how it actually works. Stop reading your Popular Mechanics from 11 years ago, and go outside and live life.

Lock-ons are powerful, which is why I'd like to see chaff/ECM on aircraft.
LOL knowing facts to firefly means your a noob. I do however agree with you 100% on your other statement about the lock-ons and the Chaff/ECM, they should be in planetside Next.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2011-02-18 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old 2011-02-18, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #289
Tikuto
Major

3rd contender. Looks challenging.
Old 2011-02-18, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #290
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

By the way did any one play Welkin 4591, I played it when the beta was open and free now the game is out and you need a sub but it had some pretty cool improvements on the planetside type game idea. And it had a rotating gun on the Reaver type aircraft in that game And speaking about simple improvements they could make I would like to see them make it so when you zoom in with your helmet optics or your guns and vehicles it does not further narrow your view to just the center of your screen. I mean we all ready have no peripheral vision when we are in first person view don't make it smaller.
Old 2011-07-14, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #291
Raymac
Brigadier General

I know I'm pulling this deep from the necro, but I just had a late night thought.

This 'Reaver Exclusive' came out at a time when Planetside: Next was just going to be a f2p reskin of the original Planetside. Now the Mosq, and Gal looked pretty similar to their "leaked" pics in the teaser, but is the reaver still likely to be a 2-person aircraft?
Old 2011-07-14, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #292
Bags
Lieutenant General

I have heard that it is now one person but I have no actual video or text sources to back that up.
Old 2011-07-14, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #293
Aractain
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I have heard that it is now one person but I have no actual video or text sources to back that up.
Are you sure you just havn't been telling yourself that everynight since? :P
Old 2011-07-14, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #294
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Are you sure you just havn't been telling yourself that everynight since? :P
I don't fly a Reaver or Mossie in any capacity other than to bail on towers or to go from point A to B so no. That's what I read on the PS forums from someone who claimed to have been at the FF.
Old 2011-07-14, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #295
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

If it was a graphical update it couldn't have turned the Reaver into a 2-seater

So either we just imagined the gunner spot or it was made for Planetside 2
Old 2011-07-14, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #296
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Is it just me, or does that thing feel kinda like it would come out of "Homeworld" style art? Don't get me wrong, I played hours and hours and hours of Homeworld mind you.
Old 2011-07-14, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #297
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
Is it just me, or does that thing feel kinda like it would come out of "Homeworld" style art? Don't get me wrong, I played hours and hours and hours of Homeworld mind you.
you have a point, but the vulcan cannons are missing from this one i love homeworld, i hope theres will be a homeworld 3
Old 2011-07-14, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #298
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I know I'm pulling this deep from the necro, but I just had a late night thought.

This 'Reaver Exclusive' came out at a time when Planetside: Next was just going to be a f2p reskin of the original Planetside. Now the Mosq, and Gal looked pretty similar to their "leaked" pics in the teaser, but is the reaver still likely to be a 2-person aircraft?
No, this shot is already from planetside 2 , not the upgrade.
Means its most likely to be a 2 person aircraft now.
Old 2011-07-14, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #299
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
you have a point, but the vulcan cannons are missing from this one i love homeworld, i hope theres will be a homeworld 3
until then play hw2 complex mod http://www.homeworld2complex.com/
Old 2011-07-14, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #300
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

first off i don't recall any dev ever saying it was a two person craft, secondly Am almost postive someone was trying to point out what all the craft has by the image and they saw two people in it. but that does not mean that there will be two people in it though it would be nice
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion