News: Video of GDC Media Event - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: you can't handle eMa's jelly.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-07, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #301
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Video of GDC Media Event

I hope not many see that Gametrailers video as opposed to the actual demo part. That does not sell well

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-07, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #302
Oryon22
First Sergeant

Sometimes I take a step back and think: "I can't believe this is happening".

When Higby was saying this is a dream come true... it really is.

Old 2012-03-07, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #303
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I am a very picky person, but I have to approve what I just watched. Sure there are things I didn't like that much, like the killcam, the personal shields (?), the big markers on enemies, the NC infantry armor (except the recon), and the time to kill, which seemed a bit too fast ... but those are things that can be worked out in beta.

Despite all those points of criticism i just brought up, my urge to play this game has never been greater than today.
Old 2012-03-07, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #304
megamold
Second Lieutenant

here are some of the writen interviews from gdc

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...n-Preview.html

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2012/...-the-big-time/

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html
Old 2012-03-07, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #305
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

TYVM
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-03-07, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #306
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

I'm a bit late to this thread. Don't really know what to say here. It's just...

Old 2012-03-07, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #307
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Very exciting stuff course as a gamer I have some concerns about thing I have seen but I know it's just Alpha. I also know that the whole dev's team has promised to listen to the community and the players likes and dislikes so I look forward to beta even more now:P I can honestly say I have no desire to play any other game after seeing that footage

I would like to say I'm so very happy with all the dev support on the fourms. I would like to thank them all for the time they spend really listening to all of us.
I personally think they are going in the right direction to quote T-ray "The players are the content." ...I am very excited!!! Thank again to all the hard working Dev's
Old 2012-03-07, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #308
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Precisely, without killcam how will they know I wiped my boots on their corpse after I killed them? Or with this taunt tab... Whatever the devs have in mind. As much as I hate having to look at someone abuse my corpse I thoroughly enjoy using killcam to abuse my enemy's corpses too. Let's all be honest here, some of the funniest moments we've all had in gaming have come because of killcams.

In fact, I just reminded myself of a video I have over on Bungie from a loong time ago now. If it weren't for killcams this kind of thing wouldn't happen!

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...gotten%20DziRe

The entertainment and hilarity that comes from killcams and the activities people undertake as a result of them shouldn't disappear in my opinion. I know a lot of people take their games very VERY seriously, but we all blow off steam and doss around from time to time, right?
I couldn't see ... but are you implying that there is no 'kill spam' box and it is replaced by the kill cam?

Noooo, 'kill spam' has got to return.
Old 2012-03-07, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #309
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Fuck yes! Very nice, shaping up quite well here
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-07, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #310
Kalyper
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

Originally Posted by Ale View Post
Watch the arch-way of the door as he says "i got teamkilled again". The reviving medic, pinkypoo, comes in there.

Also... hex grid map shot seems to indicate there are ~60 outposts / facilities to cap per cont.
He stepped in front of me! I swear!
Sony Online Entertainment
Old 2012-03-07, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #311
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Kalyper View Post
Regardless, good shot.

You'll really make something out of yourself if you join the VS, you're half-way there!
Old 2012-03-07, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #312
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Bzak View Post
I am thinking. I could come up with situation after situation for every class in the game where the kill cam will give away people. But it comes down to that the kill cam will make it very hard for any smaller force to over come a larger foe. I notice a few times in the video where the kill cam allows the dead player to see into areas of the battle that weren't even visible to him before he died.
Totally agree. The killcam is just an overall bad idea in a game like this. I understand that they really wanna be Battlefield, but some things just don't translate well. It's important in a game like this for people to be able to evade detection, strike from unexpected angles, and keep the enemy guessing.

What are snipers supposed to do? The first guy you kill outs you to his buddies, or respawns and comes right back to grease you.

Killcams = bad idea.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #313
Surge72
Corporal

I don't like how you just instantly spawn on squad members.

What happened to there being restrictions on this, such as only being able to do it outside, and coming down in a drop pot ALA the HART? I REALLY hope this changes. It's too far from Planetside otherwise.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #314
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by texico View Post
- [b]galaxy is a spawner AND dropship...?[b] - It really seems icky to me. I like where you're going with this idea of a big, bad central "heart" to an empire participating in a particular battle, but to make it both a dropship and a spawn vehicle just seems like poor designing. I would say you should have made two separate vehicles for each roll (and the AMS on top of that), but in line with the whole customisation thing, I think you should at least make sure that it can't fulfill both functions (you have to remove the transport "slots" to put spawn tubes in it), so somebody can make it a dropship OR a spawn point.
Quote from a different Thread.

I Just REALLY REALLY loved this idea.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-07, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #315
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Kalyper View Post
Sooner or later he might learn more situational awareness.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion