News: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key - Page 29 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't always drink beer....actually that is a lie.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-16, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #421
Hydra
Sergeant

Re: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Chopping somebody's post and replacing what they said with a crying face and then posting a picture saying "butt aid," then proceeding to complain about lack of maturity on the forums gives you the medal for most ironic post of the day.

You should have just have gone with "You mad bro?" and people would have thought you to be less of a retard.
So you basically just typed out what I wrote, gave your "opinion" on the matter and then proceed to suggest a even less then original joke, call me a retard and then say I'm immature.

WOE
is me.
You got me man, I'm totally stumped I mean I don't know what to say you totally called me out.

By the way that was Sarcasm.

Also I'm ending this conversation because I know some of you don't like having your intellectual prowess challenged and I don't won't to turn this thread into more of a bitch-fest then it already is.

Last edited by Hydra; 2012-02-16 at 08:05 PM.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #422
EVILoHOMER
Major

I've been paying for Planetside since Smed announced that Planetside players will get in before other people so I best get in or it's all wasted money as I haven't actually played the game since 2004 lol.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #423
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
now I'm expecting some sort of pseudo-intellectual comment from you as usual, when someone doesn't agree with you.
I guess my reputation precedes me. Well, I won't disappoint you, but I'll keep it brief.

So you don't have a problem with people paying a subscription to get access to beta except that it is bullshit that people would pay a subscription to get access to beta.

Brilliant.

I've got some great news for you though, dude. You know, you or anyone else doesn't have to "pay $15 now for dead game with a horrible netcode just to get access to beta." They can just go out and buy the April copy of PC Gamer. Pretty neato, huh?

Have a great day.

Old 2012-02-16, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #424
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

So you basically just typed out what I wrote, gave your "opinion" on the matter and then proceed to suggest a even less then original joke, call me a retard and then say I'm immature.

WOE
is me.
You got me man, I'm totally stumped I mean I don't know what to say you totally called me out.

By the way that was Sarcasm.
I honestly agree complete with Sky on this. Your posts come off as rather childish and obnoxious. Whether or not that is your intention does not change the fact that the way you act can, and in fact in this case DOES, detract from the message you are trying to relay.

A message which at it's base is understandable. You don't feel that people just subbing to PS1 should get a headstart into beta over people who are not subbed but have been members of the community longer. On that I can see your point.

However, I'd still argue that people who are currently playing are more than entitled to getting first pass in. If people want to throw down 15$ on PS1 just for a beta slot then let them, they basically paid for a beta and that money goes to the company producing Planetside 2. Hell personally I would RATHER people do that than get a key through the PCgamer promotion, because at least that way the money is going to the company making the game and not some magazine. To each their own.
Old 2012-02-16, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #425
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Mother fuckers who pay 15 dollars for two months are more so entitled to the game then those who have payed five years of game time? For fucking serious?
If they are currently subbed, then yeah I can't honestly say I have an issue with it.

Whether or not I LIKE it is not the point. I would PERSONALLY rather people like me who had the game since fucking launch day, or better yet those who were in PS1's beta get in first.

The difference is, I'm not going to sit here and complain about it. We will all eventually get into the beta, and be able to give our feedback. If I get in with wave 1, awesome. If I get in with wave 10, awesome.
Old 2012-02-16, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #426
Hydra
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I guess my reputation precedes me. Well, I won't disappoint you, but I'll keep it brief.

So you don't have a problem with people paying a subscription to get access to beta except that it is bullshit that people would pay a subscription to get access to beta.

Brilliant.

I've got some great news for you though, dude. You know, you or anyone else doesn't have to "pay $15 now for dead game with a horrible netcode just to get access to beta." They can just go out and buy the April copy of PC Gamer. Pretty neato, huh?

Have a great day.
Amazing you got an eye for detail.
You know that's a gift you have there, not many people have that ability. Stating the obvious, tell me things I already know; you must be a really caring person in general. I honestly don't know how much my heart can take.

Also, again just a reminder I have a problem with newbies paying money to PS1 to get into beta thinking they are vets which in-game at the moment is an influx of them; Also the fact that I fear only subscribers will get into beta early compared to people who could not continue for various reasons I think its stupid; I thought the process was going to be a whole lot different but since anyone can just buy the magazine the point is moot and irrelevant.

its an opinion you do know what that is right? Of course you do.

You have a great day yourself.

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
I honestly agree complete with Sky on this. Your posts come off as rather childish and obnoxious. Whether or not that is your intention does not change the fact that the way you act can, and in fact in this case DOES, detract from the message you are trying to relay.

A message which at it's base is understandable. You don't feel that people just subbing to PS1 should get a headstart into beta over people who are not subbed but have been members of the community longer. On that I can see your point.

However, I'd still argue that people who are currently playing are more than entitled to getting first pass in. If people want to throw down 15$ on PS1 just for a beta slot then let them, they basically paid for a beta and that money goes to the company producing Planetside 2. Hell personally I would RATHER people do that than get a key through the PCgamer promotion, because at least that way the money is going to the company making the game and not some magazine. To each their own.

Again, something many of you are failing to understand, SOE owes you shit. AMAZINGLY at least one of you understood what I am saying. I understand your plight, "I've been paying for a game for 6+ years that no-one plays anymore and I want to be accommodated "

Sorry I view the success of this game more important then your self-entitlement and I'm sure SOE does as well. As long as they give veterans acknowledgement I don't care who gets in first (Actually I do because I want to be one of the first, but I digress). They need to stress the servers, they need to iron out the crinkles, and they are going to need as many people as they can get. I can respect your opinion (to a certain degree) but I hope you realize that at this point arguing about it at this point is silly.

As to your other comments, well I just don't care; the ignore button is right there.

And I will allow anyone else to have the last word , because I refuse to associate myself with this meaningless conversation.

Last edited by Hydra; 2012-02-16 at 10:04 PM.
Old 2012-02-16, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #427
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Again, something many of you are failing to understand, SOE owes you shit. AMAZINGLY at least one of you understood what I am saying. I understand your plight, "I've been paying for a game for 6+ years that no-one plays anymore and I want to be accommodated "

First off, no SOE doesn't owe me shit. I payed for Planetside 1 when I bought the box, and subbed. I wasn't paying in the hopes of getting a beta pass for Planetside 2 all those years. Stop being an entitled little child.

Sorry I view the success of this game more important then your self-entitlement and I'm sure SOE does as well. As long as they give veterans acknowledgement I don't care who gets in first (Actually I do because I want to be one of the first, but I digress). They need to stress the servers, they need to iron out the crinkles, and they are going to need as many people as they can get. I can respect your opinion (to a certain degree) but I hope you realize that at this point arguing about it at this point is silly.

You're right, SOE does care more about the game than some forum poster's self entitlement. That's why you and I might not be getting in first.

I'm not arguing at all. And unlike you I have been more than respectful of your opinion.

As to your other comments, well I just don't care.
You care enough to comment, so you do care. Don't kid yourself sunshine .
Old 2012-02-16, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #428
Raka Maru
Major

Yay! Beta soon!

Finally got through this thread... What a mess. :P
Old 2012-02-16, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #429
TrenchcoatNinja
Private

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Yay! Beta soon!

Finally got through this thread... What a mess. :P
Truly spoken
Old 2012-02-16, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #430
Raymac
Brigadier General

I fear only subscribers will get into beta early compared to people who could not continue for various reasons I think its stupid;

As long as they give veterans acknowledgement I don't care who gets in first.
Some people actually read the whole post just to see if they are getting trolled or not. If you're going to directly contradict yourself, at least do it in different posts.

Thanks for letting me have the last word. See ya in beta.

Old 2012-02-16, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #431
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Sunshine I am indeed here.

I will not post a logical answer to this because any further depreciation of this may get me banned and I don't want that....

It's bullshit, period.

Edit: This almost feels like Ron Paul being media blacked out because what he said makes sense but everyone see's it ....

I know what I believe inside, im awake and very alive.

It is like voting, what i do doesnt fucking matter because I am one person. It takes all of us to make a difference...... sadly, all of us aren't fighting back.

OMG, Its been two threads now I have had to read your dam rants. Calm the hell down. Your going to get a beta invite... Sit down shut up and be happy.

They have stated that everybody who was a former/current player of PS1 will get in the beta. They just stated that not everybody will be able to get in at the same time. They will be doing it in waves. shesh

Yes, I currently have a sub. Yes I started back in 03. No I could care less if somebody who started a month ago gets in before me. I will be happy in just getting the opportunity to beta test the game.

Lets be done with this.

Edit: Something you and everybody else on here needs to remember.

Beta Testing it is not a Right. It is a privilege....So lets be happy that we are getting in.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-02-16 at 11:15 PM.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #432
Hydra
Sergeant

Some people actually read the whole post just to see if they are getting trolled or not. If you're going to directly contradict yourself, at least do it in different posts.

Thanks for letting me have the last word. See ya in beta.

Obviously you aren't one of those people.
Veteran Acknowledgement does not mean necessary mean getting into beta.

Last edited by Hydra; 2012-02-16 at 11:03 PM.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #433
Raymac
Brigadier General

Ahhhh, the ol' facepalm image post. The tried and true standard of the troll. I thought you were letting me have the last word?

Old 2012-02-16, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #434
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm gonna leave this on here. I think it fits the last couple pages perfectly.

Old 2012-02-16, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #435
Hydra
Sergeant

Ahhhh, the ol' facepalm image post. The tried and true standard of the troll. I thought you were letting me have the last word?
Ah the term "Troll" such a overused statement nowadays. Apparently anyone that doesn't agree with your intellect nowadays is a "troll". I couldn't pass up the opportunity to deflate your ego, forgive me.

Please respond,
Ah who am I kidding I know you will.

Last edited by Hydra; 2012-02-16 at 11:05 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion