Planetside "moments", just like Battlefield moments. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheaper then a babysitter
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-02, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dir
Private

Re: Planetside "moments", just like Battlefield moments.

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
As much as I like writing, I think what's really going to sell PS2 to new potential players is fan-made videos. A 20-60 second snippet of gameplay that just blows your mind.

That being said, I look forward to seeing more fan stories in this format. Good idea, OP!
I think you can have it both ways but the fan made videos need professional attention by an editor that uses story boards and not just music and the latest copy of Fraps. Too many weekend warrior movie directors that watched Apocalypse Now too many times that fixate on music and the ticker at youtube climbing on their amateurish trash. I find the videos people make to be utterly boring with little of no flavor at all and pretty soon much like their interior decorating skills everything starts to look the same as their neighbours. Throw in a couple of years of college and Sony Vegas for dummies and the video suddenly becomes epic with a story to be told. It's a shame too because there are some really talented people out there that might not even play PS1 or PS2 but feed them the fraps and they can turn out some real artwork.

I also think people are starting to realize that their PS1 stories are in the past and should be left in the past so they can “help” the developers create the future. So they definitely aren't going to help you conjure up the past. That's probably why no one is bothering to post their stories. They know it's a futile move to get hung up on to the good memories of such a flawed game. The game that must have produced far more bad memories than good ones and it seems with every new release of PS2 material it's all they are capable of remembering.

That's the funny thing about memories...we like to wipe the past away and try to only remember the good times and say the future will be even better. Unfortunately with many sequels once the hype ends and the game gets released they don't realize just how much they were clinging to the past. Maybe hoping to get into some serious emotional nostalgia using the new game and that's when the world gets turned upside down. I'm as curious as the next person about what the world is going to be like turned upside down but I'm going to be honest with myself and still pine for the past...it might make getting re-oriented a little easier as we really say goodbye to PS1.

Dir
Old 2012-04-02, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

That battlefield video is awesome, he pretty much ganks a group of 15 people by himself. Haha.

Also get on http://planetsidestories.me/ MY story is Factionism and its been the main one since before i even started doing my comics, so put in some time, think up something good, and show some community love.

You can even exadurate like that guy from reddit did. WE TOOK EVERYTHING AND DIDNT LOSE A GUY, BEST GAME EVER!!! Although it would be better if you didnt, haha.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.

Last edited by Cosmical; 2012-04-02 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dir View Post
I think you can have it both ways but the fan made videos need professional attention by an editor that uses story boards and not just music and the latest copy of Fraps.
Very true. 99% of Youtube is absolute shit, but out of the hundreds and thousands of PS2 videos that will be made, I have no doubt that a handful of them will be truly epic and lead to a ton of extra sales for SOE.
Old 2012-04-03, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Dir
Private

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Very true. 99% of Youtube is absolute shit, but out of the hundreds and thousands of PS2 videos that will be made, I have no doubt that a handful of them will be truly epic and lead to a ton of extra sales for SOE.
Ernie's Crazy Fall Inventory Super Emporium Blowout! Best video ever!! They should totally get these guys to introduce all new equipment....they can play it on the base video monitors instead of car commercials.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Stardouser
Colonel

I want to find cool places to hide C4 and then wait til someone comes along to blow it up. Like for example, putting it on the back side of an equipment terminal...boom!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion