Phoenix and the striker needs upgrades - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu = Barney and Friends
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-23, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MGP
Sergeant

Re: Phoenix and the striker needs upgrades

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
Quoting those stats is hilarious...
You got better stats? Ok, let's see them.

Old 2013-07-23, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MGP View Post
You got better stats? Ok, let's see them.
It doesn't make sense to go around quoting stats you know are not relevant to current conditions.
Old 2013-07-23, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
It doesn't make sense to go around quoting stats you know are not relevant to current conditions.
So, to sum it up, you don't have any data but you think Striker is OP just because you "know" it somehow?

Okay. I won't bring stats. I'll just claim that Striker is the worst ESAV in game. I know it. Prove me wrong. I dare you.

Old 2013-07-23, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
War Barney
Sergeant Major

So, to sum it up, you don't have any data but you think Striker is OP just because you "know" it somehow?

Okay. I won't bring stats. I'll just claim that Striker is the worst ESAV in game. I know it. Prove me wrong. I dare you.
You can simply look at how it performs ingame, the striker is feared by all pretty much, its amazing for killing tanks and 1 of if not the best AA weapons in the game as you can fire so many rockets before reloading.

As for those *stats* well they are about as useful as stats you make up on the fly really as they include stats for the entire history of the game. Find some stats for just the past week or month and that will help.
Old 2013-07-23, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
You can simply look at how it performs ingame, the striker is feared by all pretty much, its amazing for killing tanks and 1 of if not the best AA weapons in the game as you can fire so many rockets before reloading.

As for those *stats* well they are about as useful as stats you make up on the fly really as they include stats for the entire history of the game. Find some stats for just the past week or month and that will help.
Striker is feared only by bad players. The rockets are slow, the range is small. You can outrun Strikers easily even with stock Reaver.
When i'm on NC i worry more about Grounders. Their rockets are faster and follow you for twice as long. I've spent, like, 5 hours in a Reaver. Not much. But i haven't died to a Striker even once.

On the other hand, if you want to know what "major frustration" really means, roll TR, get a tank and find a battle with NC. You'll get showered by Phoenixes and die before even realizing there's a threat.

Old 2013-07-23, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
PredatorFour
Major

Striker is feared only by bad players. The rockets are slow, the range is small. You can outrun Strikers easily even with stock Reaver.
When i'm on NC i worry more about Grounders. Their rockets are faster and follow you for twice as long. I've spent, like, 5 hours in a Reaver. Not much. But i haven't died to a Striker even once.
Lol feared by bad players, riiiggght.... 5 hours is sod all time in an esf, hardly can battle in all situations by then. The striker is hands down the best ground/air av when used in small groups.
Old 2013-07-23, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Lol feared by bad players, riiiggght.... 5 hours is sod all time in an esf, hardly can battle in all situations by then. The striker is hands down the best ground/air av when used in small groups.
Striker is the PoS. It's so crappy what after 2 weeks of using it, i've requested SC refund from SOE and went back to using decimator/grounder.

My time flying a Reaver maybe not much, but what is your time using Striker?

Edit: Oh, and if you really think that Striker is so awesome, how about some easy money for you? Create a TR on miller, send me a /whisper, i'll log on my NC and fly a Reaver. You'll trial a Striker and we got to some discreet location. Then you'll try to shot me down using just your Striker. I won't be firing back at you, only avoiding your missiles. We do it for 5 minutes. If you manage to shot me down, i'll give you 1000SC card. And if you fail, you'll delete all your characters uninstall the game, and never go back.

Last edited by MGP; 2013-07-23 at 08:42 AM.
Old 2013-07-23, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
PredatorFour
Major

Striker is the PoS. It's so crappy what after 2 weeks of using it, i've requested SC refund from SOE and went back to using decimator/grounder.

My time flying a Reaver maybe not much, but what is your time using Striker?

Edit: Oh, and if you really think that Striker is so awesome, how about some easy money for you? Create a TR on miller, send me a /whisper, i'll log on my NC and fly a Reaver. You'll trial a Striker and we got to some discreet location. Then you'll try to shot me down using just your Striker. I won't be firing back at you, only avoiding your missiles. We do it for 5 minutes. If you manage to shot me down, i'll give you 1000SC card. And if you fail, you'll delete all your characters uninstall the game, and never go back.

Easy tiger. I specifically said "when used in small groups". But i found your post amusing too

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-07-23 at 08:46 AM.
Old 2013-07-23, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Easy tiger. I specifically said "when used in small groups". But i found your post amusing too
Oh, so 5 Strikers are more effective then 5 phoenixes or 5 lancers? For real?
Strikers give you lock warning, and you can either pop flares/smoke or just run into cover. Lancers/phoenixes when used in groups don't give you anything. You're just driving a 100% health prowler and in 0.5 seconds you're dead. Surprise!
If you think that Striker groups are more effective... well, then you must be the most biased person i've ever met on PSU forums.

Old 2013-07-23, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
PredatorFour
Major

If you think that Striker groups are more effective... well, then you must be the most biased person i've ever met on PSU forums.
I don't think i am the only person on here who thinks like that matey.
Old 2013-07-23, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Really, you die before you know theres a threat? cos the phoenix rockets travel slow as hell and don't do great damage, iv not done the maths but it seems to take at least 4 to kill a lightning. Combine that with the slow travel speed and needing to guide it in when the enemy can scoot 2m to the left quickly to avoid it and its not that great.

Its really just good for

A. Sieges, you can sit back from behind cover to shoot stuff, you wont get many kills really but you scare stuff away and get the odd kill on engis on turrets and low hp infantry who stand perfectly still.

B. Hitting people who think they are hidden safely behind a rock but haven't moved close up to it enough (if people move right up close you still wont hit em thanks to the slow turning speed).

Thats it pretty much, its ok at air as it does nice damage to air but you wont hit anything that isn't hovering and didn't notice you and fighting tanks cos its a camera you can't shoot then run you shoot and sit perfectly still while the tank hits you.
Old 2013-07-23, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The striker has a lot of things going for it. It has the shortest lock on timer, most potential damage, and the best range. Why a tr use anything else for killing vehicles is beyond me.
Old 2013-07-23, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
The striker has a lot of things going for it. It has the shortest lock on timer, most potential damage, and the best range. Why a tr use anything else for killing vehicles is beyond me.
Where are the stats that say it has the best Range?

It's basically the Annihilator with double damage per Magazine, a little more time to empty the magazine, and one magazine less, according to the wikis. (If they're wrong, someone needs to update them)
Old 2013-07-23, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=75

I didnt mention that the striker also has one of the quickest reload times as well.
Old 2013-07-23, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=75

I didnt mention that the striker also has one of the quickest reload times as well.
Thank god for that, no idea where to find the speradsheet otherwise.

Also, reload speed doesn't matter since it's the only lock-on launcher that fires several consecutive shots, and so takes more time to empty a magazine. So I haven't taken it into account, in favor of being able to disregard both that AND the refire delay at the same time when considering damage.

Also, doesn't the T2 Striker lock onto Air and Ground targets at different ranges? I dimly recall seeing something like that mentioned in the patch notes...?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion