Clownside 2 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: awaiting approval more like awaiting rejection
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-01, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Re: Clownside 2

Skull masks have not been worn by any important army for a very very long time, don't even try to educate us. It's one thing to paint a skull on something you wear anyway, it's another thing to put on A GIANT SKULL mask that COVERS YOUR WHOLE FACE. It just does not make sense and it looks ridiculous.

If any real soldier would strap a huge skull mask over his gear he would get his ass kicked by his officer right away.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-01 at 02:10 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Skull masks have not been worn by any important army for a very very long time, don't even try to educate us. It's one thing to paint a skull on something you wear anyway, it's another thing to put on A GIANT SKULL mask that COVERS YOUR WHOLE FACE. It just does not make sense and it looks ridiculous.

If any real soldier would strap a huge skull mask over his gear he would get his ass kicked by his officer right away.
You seem to enjoy making this sci fi universe like todays military. Personally Im a huge warhammer 40k fan and I enjoy those futuristic military novels. And yes in the grim darkness of the 41st millenia they are still wearing skull masks.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post

Except for many in the current military. Again, we don't go around trying to convince people we are demons, but its still completely in the military motif.

Any way, point being, its one thing to say "Its not for me" its another to say its out of place. U Mad. I'm Fucking FABULOUS!

Most of the recent Helms have been of Greek or German influence in design.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-02-01 at 02:58 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Infernalis
Sergeant

Warhammer 40K is less ridiculous even with the demons/aliens thing. Certain things in PS2 are ridiculous/ugly and even bad for gameplay (when some factions share the same colors).
Old 2013-02-01, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
You seem to enjoy making this sci fi universe like todays military. Personally Im a huge warhammer 40k fan and I enjoy those futuristic military novels. And yes in the grim darkness of the 41st millenia they are still wearing skull masks.
No, I enjoy a universe where the military resembles ANY real military that deserves this name. There is no military that uses skull masks. It just doesn't fit with the narrative of Planetside.

Only because there is some other science fiction universe where the skulls work (and they do work in warhammer because the whole universe is built on brutality and tribal symbols) doesn't mean that it fits into the PS Universe where everything is clean, and organized.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-01 at 03:35 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Infernalis View Post
Warhammer 40K is less ridiculous even with the demons/aliens thing. Certain things in PS2 are ridiculous/ugly and even bad for gameplay (when some factions share the same colors).

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Infernalis
Sergeant

Ah good ol' Boreale (and Garry's mod). Even then I would take an army of space marine in bright shiny red, space elves and demons over some guys in purple spandex with camos from every colors of the rainbow. Or Planetside 1, because in 2003 and with the level of graphics we had it was ok (and no horrible camos/helmets/etc).

Last edited by Infernalis; 2013-02-01 at 04:41 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I have to agree that some of the camos are pretty bad. Im running ultra low so the game resembles minecraft a lot so I dont know if the camos look any different on high settings.
Old 2013-02-01, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
raw
Sergeant

Oh noes spiked helmes ps2 is doomed doomed i say

I hope SOE puts a hello kitty uniform into the game, I'll wear it just so the OP is pissed off about his destroyed imershun.

On that note, I am seriously considering starting a no shitpost forum, signal-to-noise here and on the official is simply too high.

Last edited by raw; 2013-02-01 at 05:15 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I think it would be cool if outfits would start asking their members to wear a certain set of camos for each continent. At least they would look more like a cohesive group instead of a motorcycle gang from the badlands.
Old 2013-02-01, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
bluEyedillusion
Private

Just wanted to post to say that I'm glad to see my higbyrunanimation.gif getting used. I hope I see it more.

When I saw the original interview, I said "That needs to made into a gif. Oh wait... I can do that."
Old 2013-02-01, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

About immersion, I was under the impression that Auraxis was in a never ending civil war? I don't know about you but, there is nothing regimented about a civil war outside of the TR, NC are a rabble and the VS are well, the VS

Old 2013-02-01, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I think it would be cool if outfits would start asking their members to wear a certain set of camos for each continent. At least they would look more like a cohesive group instead of a motorcycle gang from the badlands.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-02, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Corrected.

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
You can't take my skull away from me.

I find it funny though, people deride skull masks as silly, because they were used CENTURIES ago in warfare.

Where the hell did you people get your education?
Not wanting to take your skull away from you; if you want to help fund the game by making yourself look silly then that's fine by me; your choice.
Old 2013-02-02, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
EVILoHOMER
Major

My problem is why isn't there a TF2 like create your own items, submit them to SOE and get them sold on the store setup?

Players can create far better content than the developers and at a much faster rate.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion