SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This planetside isn't big enough for the both of us.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-17, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2?

I think Firefly already has a "Box Theory" copyrighted so you may need a different name.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Nobel View Post
I have decided to go to Fan Faire due to this recent announcement. Is anyone else going?

I would also not be opposed to doing a live feed/tweet session during anything Planetside related, if Hamma would like.
YOur Hired!

Make sure to get another thread going before you hit FF, telling us where to look for your live feed.

And dude, if you spot PSN/PS2 on FF, i expect live feeds every 20 secs and a photo every 1 minute. If you cant bring that, your fired!

Old 2011-06-17, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Hurray! We get something! I also am happy Im getting anything, even if its just barely more then nothing

The PR for Planetside has always been crap, I know we all want more, but can we really expect more when they have already set the president of barely even letting the general gaming community know about Planetside over and over?

I mean look at CCP and Dust514's. For a game from a much smaller developer, they've made announcement after announcement, trailers, etc. and its not even coming out til next year.

This issue is most likely that Sony is a Broke Arse Joke and would rather spent money on comic books games then something that could really change the industry. As long as I get to play it though. Ill be happy

Last edited by TacosWLove; 2011-06-17 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2011-06-17, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I think Firefly already has a "Box Theory" copyrighted so you may need a different name.
No, have at it, lads. My theory is called "The Peach Theory" and it is, in fact, copyrighted. It essentially states:

"Eating a woman's pussy is like eating a peach. If you get it too young, it'll have some fuzz on the skin and the meat is going to be hard and not very tasty. If you get it too old, it's going to taste a little dry, stale and it will be all mealy. If you get it JUUUUUST right, when you bite into that sumbitch it will be juicy, tender, and it'll juice all over your chin."
Old 2011-06-17, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Raymac
Brigadier General

Dude, you always come through.
Old 2011-06-17, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

I sense a sudden urge for peaches...

Last edited by Lorgarn; 2011-06-17 at 03:55 PM.
Old 2011-06-17, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Well "they" didn't say that. Unless Smedly has multi-personality-disorder, he's an individual, and therefore can't be a "they" (and that's putting aside the fact that Smed said that off-the-record, yet got recorded anyway).
My bad for using Smed as a symbol for the Company he works for and normally represents. By your logic this was also said off-the-record yet got recorded anyway, and since we got screwed then it's safe to assume we will get screwed now?
Old 2011-06-17, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
My bad for using Smed as a symbol for the Company he works for and normally represents. By your logic this was also said off-the-record yet got recorded anyway, and since we got screwed then it's safe to assume we will get screwed now?
Unlike the article you quoted before, Smed clearly meant for what he said to become public knowledge...Though I would say we should all be prepared for PS2 not getting so much as a mention at Fanfaire despite today's "tweet".
Old 2011-06-17, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Frankly, even if it is an extremely minor announcement, at this point, I'm just excited to hear ANYTHING.
Originally Posted by Lorgarn View Post
No, but seriously, I'm glad we'll hear something. Even if it's just a little nugget of information.
Seems like it worked again. SOE lowers one's expectations to almost zero, and when they finally release a patch after a year of doing nothing, or in this case some info, everyone gets excited
Old 2011-06-17, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches.

Mooovin' to the country gonna eat me a lot of peaches.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-06-17, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by KornDemon View Post
Seems like it worked again. SOE lowers one's expectations to almost zero, and when they finally release a patch after a year of doing nothing, or in this case some info, everyone gets excited
Hah, by that argument you'd be saying SOE is brilliant when it comes to efficiency in PR

All in all though, I would expect something similar to what happened to EQ:Next last year, maybe even a bit bigger reveal. Overall though, SOE has always been a big too much into using their player network for advertisement IMHO. I just hope this time they take a bit of effort in their promotion for the game, and air it big at some of the game shows / cons after it has been released. Even if that might mean setting the release date after e3 next year...

Heck, even without that, there's still SD comic con, GamesCom, Tokyo Game Show, DragonCon, and a few others... But e3 would do way better for promotion to the FPS market, and putting some money in TV and outdoor promotion would not be misspent money anyway...

As for those who are complaining about there only being fantasy players at Fan Faire, you are quite wrong. About a third of the populace is usually from Star Wars anyhow, and there's usually even a couple of Station Pass / ex-MxO / Planetside players around there, and lets not forget that DCUO will also join this year.
Old 2011-06-17, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Miir
Malvision

Almost had to do a double take when I read this news post.

Good to hear some new information is coming.
Old 2011-06-18, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Yea, I agree. After having SOE stonewall on the subject of Planetside NEXT at E3 I didn't have much hope, it's awesome to hear something.

Frankly, I'll be overjoyed if they confirm the Vanu are still a playable side, or that the game will be a first person shooter, or that the battlefield will be persistent. -.-
Old 2011-06-18, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
MgFalcon
Captain

Smed has confirmed VS (i.e. All three empires) will be playable in Next. I was creeping on his posts on these forums not too long ago

Also it's common sense that it'll be FPS, you know being a core element of the games design and all...

Last edited by MgFalcon; 2011-06-18 at 12:21 PM.
Old 2011-06-18, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Naeadil
Corporal

i wonder if PS2 will have third person..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion