Trayvon Martin - Page 46 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where it's NOT just a flesh wound
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-18, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #676
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The difference is, I'm not an automatic believer in the victim.
Speculating that she came forward with a bogus claim regarding Zimmerman is different than not automatically believing her. There's withholding judgment until more evidence is available, and then there's dismissing the claim even without further evidence because it doesn't suit your taste.

Incidentally, the woman who came forward is Zimmerman's cousin, so it isn't like this is just some random claim.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #677
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Speculating that she came forward with a bogus claim regarding Zimmerman is different than not automatically believing her. There's withholding judgment until more evidence is available, and then there's dismissing the claim even without further evidence because it doesn't suit your taste.

Incidentally, the woman who came forward is Zimmerman's cousin, so it isn't like this is just some random claim.
The only thing I dismiss automatically in PolDebate is you and that's as far as I'm taking that.

Old 2012-07-18, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #678
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

The only thing I dismiss automatically in PolDebate is you and that's as far as I'm taking that.
In that case I'll say it.

There is a gulf between withholding judgement, and dismissing claims as inconsequential based on some purely imagined narrative you impose. You possess no evidence that what she is claiming is false or that she "wanted it" or anything else. Yet you seem to believe such things, because it would be more palatable to you.

Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty, but the claim deserves respect and attentive investigation.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #679
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Maybe one day I'll murder an unarmed black child to gain your respect.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #680
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty, but the claim deserves respect and attentive investigation.
And I have not said anything to the contrary.

Maybe one day I'll murder an unarmed black child to gain your respect.
Exactly your problem kid, you think because I didn't just jump on the crucifixion bandwagon, that I must be somehow condoning or supporting him.

Old 2012-07-18, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #681
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

And I have not said anything to the contrary.
You did. You hand-waved it as a case of her 'must of having wanted it'. You presumed knowledge where you had none, and used that imagined knowledge to discredit the claim.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #682
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You did. You hand-waved it as a case of her 'must of having wanted it'. You presumed knowledge where you had none, and used that imagined knowledge to discredit the claim.
I did no such thing, I merely stated alternative possibilities... you know, something objective thinkers do. Just because you want to ascribe something more to it than that does not mean you are correct.

You've already made up your mind about it and I have no delusions of changing that, but stating a possible viewpoint that is diametrically opposed to your own does mean I share an equivalent conviction about the actuality of it.

Old 2012-07-18, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #683
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

I did no such thing, I merely stated alternative possibilities... you know, something objective thinkers do. Just because you want to ascribe something more to it than that does not mean you are correct.

You've already made up your mind about it and I have no delusions of changing that, but stating a possible viewpoint that is diametrically opposed to your own does mean I share an equivalent conviction about the actuality of it.
I haven't made up my mind about jack shit. I pointed out that it's surprising that yet another allegation has fallen on his head, and that I was interested in seeing it bear out one way or the other. I have never suggested otherwise.

It's plain to see where you bias lies, however, in your "objective thinking" has not apparently yet taken you to conclude that Zimmerman perhaps executed an unarmed teenager in cold blood, or that he molests girls, or so forth. Your 'objective thinking' seems to take you oftentimes to conclusions that he is blameless. Funny, that.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #684
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Exactly your problem kid, you think because I didn't just jump on the crucifixion bandwagon, that I must be somehow condoning or supporting him.
Haha, "kid". Also, you're victim blaming someone who came forward about being sexually abused, and you act like a guy who chased after a kid with a pistol like a fucking asshole and ended up shooting him doesn't deserve to be crucified for his actions. I'm not the one with problems here.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #685
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Haha, "kid". Also, you're victim blaming someone who came forward about being sexually abused, and you act like a guy who chased after a kid with a pistol like a fucking asshole and ended up shooting him doesn't deserve to be crucified for his actions. I'm not the one with problems here.
Yes, you are the one with problems here. Everything you say in this thread sounds like you have some sort of personal stake in the outcome of the case. Were you related to the victim? Because your relaying a lot of hatred for a guy you supposedly never met.

My personal opinion about the case now: This is completely FUBAR and we will never get a proper resolution.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-07-18, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #686
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I haven't made up my mind about jack shit. I pointed out that it's surprising that yet another allegation has fallen on his head, and that I was interested in seeing it bear out one way or the other. I have never suggested otherwise.

It's plain to see where you bias lies, however, in your "objective thinking" has not apparently yet taken you to conclude that Zimmerman perhaps executed an unarmed teenager in cold blood, or that he molests girls, or so forth. Your 'objective thinking' seems to take you oftentimes to conclusions that he is blameless. Funny, that.
Between you and the other one, you have the lynch perspective covered. Just because I bring a balanced perspective to the discussion, doesn't mean I'm not objective.

Old 2012-07-18, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #687
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Yes, you are the one with problems here. Everything you say in this thread sounds like you have some sort of personal stake in the outcome of the case. Were you related to the victim? Because your relaying a lot of hatred for a guy you supposedly never met.
I'm one of those weird guys who gets outraged when children are killed for no reason.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-07-18 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #688
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

I'm one of those weird guys who gets outraged when children are killed for no reason.
smdh.

I'm just suprised how open minded people claim to be...and then they automatically assume that a man is guilty based on circumstantial and incomplete evidence.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #689
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Really? Where's the outrage for the kids killed in the ghettos every single day? ....if I was taking a wild guess...you arent as outraged about those, because it wasnt a white-hispanic accused of doing the killing, it was just another black kid killing a black kid and that's ok, cause there's no way to express your hatred of white people when that happens.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #690
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
Really? Where's the outrage for the kids killed in the ghettos every single day? ....if I was taking a wild guess...you arent as outraged about those, because it wasnt a white-hispanic accused of doing the killing, it was just another black kid killing a black kid and that's ok, cause there's no way to express your hatred of white people when that happens.
Ahh, pulling the race card. Classy stuff going on in this thread.

/popcorn

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum