Discussion: What do smaller squads want in order to have more fun AND make an impact? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, where are the jetpacks?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-21, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Re: Discussion: What do smaller squads want in order to have more fun AND make an imp

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
I feel ya on this one I think that more continents will resolve some of the issues, but I feel that just putting out more continents wont do the job, I think they have to be somehow connected. I mean right now you have 3 factions, 3 types of resources, so the 3 continents work for now, and a lot of gamers who never played PS1 dont know what there missing, when you got ten continents to fight over, its bigger and a little more complicated, but its so much *&^% fun. In the long run they have to figure out a way of connecting these continents or else this game is gonna fell like BF3, or CoD, were your just switching maps, at the end of each session.
I hope they won't be adding more continents any time soon. There's not enough players on servers to even fill out two continents, having ten of them would kill the game. And even if they get enough players to have a good games on ten continents, they have to find a way to balance the population and fix the servers. If 2000 players on an alert cause the game to lag enough for people to log out, what would 10k-20k people on a server do?

Yeah, I know there won't be 10 continents any time soon, but I'm concerned about it already. If the population was growing, I wouldn't be concerned.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Qwan
Captain

Re: Discussion: What do smaller squads want in order to have more fun AND make an imp

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post
I hope they won't be adding more continents any time soon. There's not enough players on servers to even fill out two continents, having ten of them would kill the game. And even if they get enough players to have a good games on ten continents, they have to find a way to balance the population and fix the servers. If 2000 players on an alert cause the game to lag enough for people to log out, what would 10k-20k people on a server do?

Yeah, I know there won't be 10 continents any time soon, but I'm concerned about it already. If the population was growing, I wouldn't be concerned.
I think they will start merging servers as time passes and as more continents continue to be developed, this will be done to keep servers full. As far as alerts I think they will eventually go away, If I guess correctly right now the devs see a spike in log ins when ever an alert is going off. Its what I do most of the time ( I also have twin baby's so my time is limited) but I dont see alerts in the future of the game, but I do see sever merges as they put out new continents.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post

It's not necessary to fill all continents at the same time though. Two to three at a time is ideal. Also, removing 3 empire footholds on each continent and having only one home continent per empire with a lattice that connects warpgates between other continents is a must! Constant 3-way battles produce stagnant movement across a continent. This is true even in PS1. When it did happen in PS1 a tactic to break it up would be to attack one of the other empire's continents so they would break the 3-way fight. Didn't always work and was more successful when more population was on.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion