News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Gettin` Jiggy Wit` It Since 2002
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-28, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Well beta keys are going out today, while system requirements will depend on the optimizations they make throughout beta.
What? Did I miss something? :P
Old 2012-02-28, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
What? Did I miss something? :P
He means the pc gamer release
Old 2012-02-28, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
bjorntju1
Captain

Ah like so :P

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
First time I ever \'railed\' on it tbh.

Anyways, have we confirmation that Pro7(European) players will be allowed play the beta.

Randoms that buy PC Gamer in the US will be allowed play the beta, we have absolutely no confirmation that European Werner Veterans who played PS1 for years will have any such luck.

This is a MAJOR issue and the next one we should be railing about. Railing seems to get SOE\'s attention.
Well Radar X posted on the official forums a few days back:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...id=88000028458

Far as I know, there are no discussions to limit access to beta based on region at this time.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
He means the pc gamer release
But any up-to-date person would know the magazines have all ready been out... If only beta started today ;(
Old 2012-02-28, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Ah like so :P

Well Radar X posted on the official forums a few days back:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...id=88000028458
Thanks dude, wasn't aware of that news.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
But any up-to-date person would know the magazines have all ready been out... If only beta started today ;(
Indeed, mine are apparently in Kent... WA. so a few days too go yet i reckon before royalfail deliver in the UK.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
I knew some people had already gotten copies, but since this is the "official release date" of sorts, it's reasonable to expect beta to start soon.

Edit: Then again, lately there have been certain other things that it was reasonable to expect SOE to do and they didn't (but now are).

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-02-28 at 10:46 AM.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
xXGumpXX
Banned

The pc gamer mag which includes the beta key is us only , correct me if i'm wrong , typical yanks get priority over everyone else , must have payed sony for that privillage
Old 2012-02-28, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
Optimistically, they could just make it so that EU players, no matter which region server they play on, would rely on Pro7 for billing and cash shop stuff.
Why you want to lock me from all servers? Thats not optimistic, thats worst nightmare.
Old 2012-02-28, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Why you want to lock me from all servers? Thats not optimistic, thats worst nightmare.
Why you hate childrens, Glump?
Old 2012-02-28, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Kran De Loy
Captain

Children in back seats cause accidents.
Accidents in back seats cause children.
-Confucius
Old 2012-02-29, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Kran De Loy
Captain

I know bumps are just bad and I find them fairly annoying myself, but I really hate to see such an important topic let fall off the first page even if it's only been a little bit over a day since that last post.

While I guess that Smed could be waiting in an attempt to keep the revised partnership deal from stealing too much attention from the GDC event, I'm still really really really anxious and having to wait until after GDC for the info to come out is only making me more so.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
I know bumps are just bad and I find them fairly annoying myself, but I really hate to see such an important topic let fall off the first page even if it's only been a little bit over a day since that last post.

While I guess that Smed could be waiting in an attempt to keep the revised partnership deal from stealing too much attention from the GDC event, I'm still really really really anxious and having to wait until after GDC for the info to come out is only making me more so.
I was tempted to bump this myself. We still have no idea what they're doing. He said they've come up with a plan, not that they're going to come up with one, but that they have one...So where is it?

I'm still not overly skeptical, but so far this just seems to have been a very good way to get people to quiet down without having actually said they'll do anything in particular.

It's like waiting for a delivery where the delivery date is "soon", for every day that it doesn't arrive you wonder a little bit more whether it's ever coming at all...
Old 2012-02-29, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Kran De Loy
Captain

Yeah, I figure that in the last two days they're just drafting up another 'FAQ' for it, but the two main questions are...

-) Will there be EU residents in the beta? Y/N?
-) How will the EU residents be able to play with US residents?

Of course I didn't number the questions because the priority on them varies depending on who is asking, but those are the two main questions that everyone wants answered. Sure there are more questions that just those two like if EU is in the beta, will they get in at the same time as the US? If not, why? In what ways will the PSS1 partnership effect the EU residents? Will the revised PSS1 partnership have any effect on US residents? If so what will those be?

All minor questions that do not need to be answered right away as long as the first two get answered quickly.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-02-29 at 04:55 PM.
Old 2012-02-29, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Xaine
Major

I'm fairly sure there will be EU residents in the beta. If they haven't mentioned that by now then there is really going to be a fucking shit-storm.

If they plan to allow people in Europe to play on US servers (like they say they're working towards) then they're going to want people in the EU to test US servers to check ping issues etc

I've said it before, as much as i love the PS2 team - this is still in the hands of the big wigs at the top of SoE, and i have unshakeable faith in those people to make absolutely fucking terrible decisions and colossal PR fuck-ups - i've watched them utterly destroy (SWG), neglect (PS1) and suck the life out of (EQ2) games for the past 10 years.

This was only reinforced by this fiasco the other day, blocking EU people from NA servers and vice-versa. Showing either a complete disregard and general lack of respect, thought and care for multi-national communities across several of their games (their paying customers for god knows how many years). Either that, or they just didn't even think about it and did it anyway.

I'm not sure which is more concerning.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion