Planetside 2 Liberator Bombing Confirmed! - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where is the equipment terminal at?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 Liberator Bombing Confirmed!

"I am flat out amazed at the people not wanting carpet bombing and such. For all those that are concerned about them being OP, no counter, etc... Fine. Give me my outfit gunner any day of the week over a bomb. He will make you cry, rage, break keyboards, and wish you had pushed for bombs. I'll be in that lib out of AA range with my gunner raining hell on you while being directed by a forward observer. It was nice knowing you."

*hugs*
It's my expectation that because the bases are more open and above ground than last time, that carpet-spam will likely be too much. I may be wrong about that, but we'll see I guess.

I see it as an opportunity for more game depth; with a lot of potential cat and mouse game play between laze pointing infiltrators and scouts looking to counter...You could turn that whole aspect into a really deep cert/counter cert tree as well, and polish the pointing/delivery system to look pretty slick without a huge investment. Not only that, but the coordination between the Liberator and it's infantry spotting team would be a really great way to showcase effective (and fun) team play.

Last edited by Red Beard; 2012-06-12 at 03:30 AM.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

And people said achieving air superiority wasn't important... HA!
Old 2012-06-12, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

^^No doubt...the choice between high altitude bombing and low altitude shelling will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I would love to know what system they're actually playing around with in there. Not much to be said until then.

Except that these suggestions about removing a seat and giving the bombs to the driver are nonsense. Anybody that bothered to crew their Lib knows that the tailgunner seat is always the hardest to fill. Even if it made sense to reduce the Lib crew count, the sensible thing to do would be to give the bombs to the tailgunner and let them switch viewpoints as the situation dictated.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I would love to know what system they're actually playing around with in there. Not much to be said until then.

Except that these suggestions about removing a seat and giving the bombs to the driver are nonsense. Anybody that bothered to crew their Lib knows that the tailgunner seat is always the hardest to fill. Even if it made sense to reduce the Lib crew count, the sensible thing to do would be to give the bombs to the tailgunner and let them switch viewpoints as the situation dictated.
So change the role to make it more appealing. We're not playing PS1 again; this is our opportunity to make the Lib more functional so that people would want to get in the tail. At the end of the day I think you're just going to have a very hard time convincing Higby to have a bomber role where you have lots of downtime.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I thought that was what the mortar was? Yay, I guess.
*big intake of breath* yay
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion