Zealot Maxes need rebalancing - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What happens at PSU, ends up on Google.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-26, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Phreec
Corporal

Re: Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

+1.

MAX's biggest weakness is it's lack of mobility yet they implement a toggle MAX/HA-on-steroids button with no cooldown...
I understand one of VS's faction traits is increased mobility but you cant just disregard balance by giving one faction what's basically a completely new class.

Also none of the new MAX abilities should work with NS weapons. Bursters are even more ridiculous now with all these ZOE and Lockdown MAX's around now. Sometimes I wonder how SOE can slip shit like this through testing.
Old 2013-05-27, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Well there's nothing preventing said MAX user from simply deactivating the ZOE as soon as he/she is concussed.
Regardless of if you have ZOE activated or not, if you get hit by a concussion grenade, you're most likely dead.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Canaris
Contributor
General

this ability needs a duration time and cooldown, seriously how the fuck did you dev's decide to go with a perma on ability for it, it makes no sense.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-27, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Obstruction
First Sergeant

• they need a much higher increased damage modifier
  • they need a strong penalty to strafe and reverse speed while active
  • the weapon damage increase is dangerous and fun to play with and against
  • the speed boost is fine if you cancel the strafing exploit
  • damage taken is naturally countered by the presence of support units, which scales with the size of the conflict

Last edited by Obstruction; 2013-05-27 at 04:11 AM.
Old 2013-05-27, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Shogun
Contributor
General

wow, it has no timer, capacitor or cooldown?

just make strafing cancel it, like it did with the old max transportation mode.
this would not strip the speedbonus, but instantly address exploiting the rubberbanding.

or give it a capacitor like the nc shield has.
using up energy with every shot, or every use of strafing!

but the tr lockdown is also perm on. give them a capacitor, too.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-27, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Its funny how now the VS have a max that can kill infantry in the same time a hacksaw max can, people suddenly start moaning and claiming its OP.

But unlike the hacksaw max we take LOTS MORE damage when we get hit.
My thoughts exactly, for 6 months the NC have enjoyed having the best MAX in the game by far and are now freaking out when they are getting a taste of their own medicine. The TR have less of a problem with the ZOE due to them being able to pulp them in seconds with a fracture MAX.

Its also noticeable that none of the TR/NC posts mention/factor in the considerable vulnerability drawback, ( ie no dedicated engineer = you are going to drop like a lead balloon) which is the main reason I personally don't use the ZOE ability.

Last edited by Shamrock; 2013-05-27 at 06:26 AM.
Old 2013-05-27, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
My thoughts exactly, for 6 months the NC have enjoyed having the best MAX in the game by far and are now freaking out when they are getting a taste of their own medicine. The TR have less of a problem with the ZOE due to them being able to pulp them in seconds with a fracture MAX.

Its also noticeable that none of the TR/NC posts mention/factor in the considerable vulnerability drawback, ( ie no dedicated engineer = you are going to drop like a lead balloon) which is the main reason I personally don't use the ZOE ability.
except that you & Pred fail to realise or mention the Hacksaw Max needs to get into close range to be that effective, VS MAX's can be used at medium to long range without the same issue and that ADADing in the ZOE can make it next to impossible for a Fracture to get clean hits.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-27, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

What MAX worth his grain of salt is not going to have an engineer nearby? As far as the drawbacks to the ability it has been mentioned and on it's own I think it's fine. The only thing I see needing to be addressed with the VS MAX is the strafing speed. On top of that I could see them limiting it but that's more so just a gimmick to stop people from feeling like they can have it on 24/7.

A MAX is a MAX, not an Olympic marathon runner.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Obstruction
First Sergeant

What MAX worth his grain of salt is not going to have an engineer nearby?
yeah, and in a fight worth being engineer there's going to be 7 engineers and a handful of medics.

support against the increased damage taken scales with the conflict to the point that it doesn't matter, and it needs to matter. it needs to be bad enough that a max will be scared to turn it on without support. right now it's just a Super Heavy Assault.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2013-05-27 at 03:54 PM.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
icee
Private

If you really want to nerf the zoe then nerf the first lvl's, most of the zoe users only have lvl 1 and they already get the best part of it the speed boost. But if you invest 2000+ certs in it you should get a nice boost to the max.
Old 2013-05-27, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
moosepoop
Captain

My thoughts exactly, for 6 months the NC have enjoyed having the best MAX in the game by far and are now freaking out when they are getting a taste of their own medicine.
stop being a bitch. gloating about "revenge" hurts the game even more. yes, the scat max was overpowered and was abused. that doesnt mean you should stoop to the same level.
Old 2013-05-27, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by icee View Post
If you really want to nerf the zoe then nerf the first lvl's, most of the zoe users only have lvl 1 and they already get the best part of it the speed boost. But if you invest 2000+ certs in it you should get a nice boost to the max.
And I've invested 2500 certs into the Shield, it gets better at what it's intended to do as it should. No one's disputing that with any MAX ability, you should naturally be rewarded for putting forth the certifications and maxing an ability. (hohoh shitty pun for the 30th time).

The problem is that the ability itself is simply stronger than the others, as I said I think the damage on it is fine, taken and given.

In order to accomadate a speed nerf which most people would like for it it might be an option to reduce the damage they take in ZOE from 40% to something along the lines of 25-30% or so.
Old 2013-05-27, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
And I've invested 2500 certs into the Shield, it gets better at what it's intended to do as it should. No one's disputing that with any MAX ability, you should naturally be rewarded for putting forth the certifications and maxing an ability. (hohoh shitty pun for the 30th time).

The problem is that the ability itself is simply stronger than the others, as I said I think the damage on it is fine, taken and given.

In order to accomadate a speed nerf which most people would like for it it might be an option to reduce the damage they take in ZOE from 40% to something along the lines of 25-30% or so.
other factions have one bonus and one penalty. tr has offence bonus for no mobility, nc has defence bonus for no offence. vs maxes receive two bonuses for one penalty, offence and mobility at the cost of health.

one of the bonuses of ZOE must be removed, either damage or mobility. if you keep both mobility and damage but tone them down, the ability will be useless.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-05-27 at 05:43 PM.
Old 2013-05-27, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Needs a nerf to the movement or damage and then a cooldown. This is ridiculous.
Old 2013-05-27, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Dragonskin
Major

Which MAX ability has a cooldown?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion