New Nanite Systems Vehicle Tweet - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: pork chop sandwiches!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-10, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: New Nanite Systems Vehicle Tweet

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
The Rhino - self propelled arty

if they have SPAs in PS2 we'll call it the Squirrel Nut Cracker, Rhinos taken

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-04-10 at 12:09 PM.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
That is just mean....

You already know you guys got the best looking armor.

Honestly, I have this sinking feeling that, looking at one NC (or any faction) model by itself, will not be anywhere near as cool as seeing a lot of them agressively storming a goal... I really believe the sum will be gloriously greater than the "parts"...

I feel this will be true of all the empires. There will be some kind of collaborative cohesive "look" to each faction, gloriously badass to see en masse. Starcraft might be a good example... One unit looks "ok", but a mixed, combined mass of faction units, looks synergistically... "majestic"?

I forsee, that we are all in for a very pleasant suprise

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-04-10, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

I don't think this thing screams troop transport to me. Maybe a medical type vehicle? Or some kind of supply vehicle? Would be cool to have a mobile terminal to re-arm and resupply from, both for vehicles and infantry. Mobile shield generator? Dunno, just seems too small for a troop transport.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Warhammer 40k Rhino images
Old 2012-04-10, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
I don't think this thing screams troop transport to me. Maybe a medical type vehicle? Or some kind of supply vehicle? Would be cool to have a mobile terminal to re-arm and resupply from, both for vehicles and infantry. Mobile shield generator? Dunno, just seems too small for a troop transport.
I was saying earlier that you don't usually call "passengers", "crew". So perhaps it is not a transport. It could be a fast attack or support vehicle.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-10, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Crew may have been used in the more slang sense meaning "squad" or "friends"

It doesn't look to me like a transport.

If it was a transport then I expect they would have already named it "Deliverer"
Old 2012-04-10, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
It could be a fast attack transport, IFV perhaps. Carries 4-8 passengers quickly through the battlefield, not as armored as the Sunderer, but not made of glass either. A few guns on top and it would make an excellent rapid assault transport for special missions aka kill the galaxy, blow the gen, capture the tower, etc...

Oh, and how about the name "Kodiak Transport". Kodiak always sounds cool.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-10, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

This speculation is ridiculous. DEVS - JUST TELL US YOUR IDEA so we can spend our energy brainstorming and giving feedback rather than speculating on wtf the purpose of a vehicle is based on its concept art.

I don't think random tweets of new vehicle concepts is what we had in mind when y'all said you were going to involve the players more with where you want to take the game.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
This speculation is ridiculous. DEVS - JUST TELL US YOUR IDEA
pfffff that would be easy and less fun

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Old 2012-04-10, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Looks to me like a small multipurpose very fast utility vehicle. Seems the way they want to do things is to allow a vehicle to perform many different jobs and this vehicle will probably do many jobs. If you need quick aa then yes, if you need quick troop transport then yes. Thats just my best guess.. Also if I can have a bigger front bumper so I can mow down infantry easier would be much appreciated.
Old 2012-04-10, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

DO WANT! That thing is hot!
Old 2012-04-10, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
That one noob
Sergeant

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
Interestsing that somebody offered up the name "Rhino". Which is apt I think because this vehicle reminds me of the Warhammer 40K Rhino, which also was an armored troop carrier with some light weapons configurations (although tracked, not wheeled).

I don't know if there's any copyright issues involved, but I think the name Rhino would be perfect!

Oh, and it looks freakin sweet by the way.
METAL BOXES!
Old 2012-04-10, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
CutterJohn
Colonel

I question why another troop carrier would be necessary. There is already a land based troop mover, and an air based one, along with the fact that anyone can grab a vehicle. Granted, vehicles have costs, but I highly doubt an ATV will be expensive. And then once moved, no more transport is necessary, since they will respawn at Gals or captured spawn tubes or squad spawn.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I question why another troop carrier would be necessary. There is already a land based troop mover, and an air based one, along with the fact that anyone can grab a vehicle. Granted, vehicles have costs, but I highly doubt an ATV will be expensive. And then once moved, no more transport is necessary, since they will respawn at Gals or captured spawn tubes or squad spawn.
Fast response vehicle for times when you can't get to a air terminal, not as ill armoured as an ATV. I'm really glad they are thinking of putting in a mid sized ground transport.
Remember unlike PS1 the amount of hexes sub base territory up for grabs will probably warrant the need to move rapid reaction squads around.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion