MAX Balnace Part 4: Everything AI - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: On every computer in a 3 mile radius
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-08-11, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: MAX Balnace Part 4: Everything AI

Its always funny when people try to claim NC are OP, our guns control the worst of any factions (VS feel incredibly smooth), our MAX has no range so as long as you stay more than 10m away you're fine, our tank while better than the prowler isn't as good as the mag unless you do all your tank fights at point blank range (and if you do that you're a idiot), our ESF is a huge slow brick.

If anything NC is the worst faction, or at least requires the most time and skill to play well. And aye damn VS colours make them SO hard to see... when night hits I tends to just pull back from VS fronts if I can so I'm not fighting ghosts.

If anything it should be TR and NC fighting in smashes as they are the closest balanced to each other as they are both focused on damage, NC more per bullet TR more bullets, while the VS focus on the 1 important thing in shooters, accuracy. Ever noticed how you see 100s of VS snipers and hardly any for other factions? its cos you need to invest a lot of time and certs to be good with a NC/TR sniper, the starter sniper for VS is awesome right out of the box, same with the orion actually....
Old 2014-08-11, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Chewy
Major

Aren't all sniper rifles just clones? Bolt actions are, not certain of semi autos.
Old 2014-08-11, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
War Barney
Sergeant Major

From what I've heard from snipers the VS starter one is definitely just incredibly easy to use compared to the TR/NC one, thats why you see so many VS snipers using it and the only TR/NC ones you see a lot are high BR people with their empires best one.
Old 2014-08-11, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Isokon
Private

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Aren't all sniper rifles just clones? Bolt actions are, not certain of semi autos.
Take everything War Barney writes about faction equipment with a shovel of salt. He is not comfortable with facts contradicting his feelings.

Semi autos are indeed different.
VS gets no bullet drop and 3-4% more bullet velocity in exchange for worse damage drop off (needs 1 more bullet to kill after 100m).

Last edited by Isokon; 2014-08-11 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Math correction
Old 2014-08-12, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Isokon View Post
Take everything War Barney writes about faction equipment with a shovel of salt. He is not comfortable with facts contradicting his feelings.

Semi autos are indeed different.
VS gets no bullet drop and 3-4% more bullet velocity in exchange for worse damage drop off (needs 1 more bullet to kill after 100m).

<sigh> Its sad to see people deciding to just be insulting to discredit people rather than actually say something useful.

I'm simply stating what I've heard from multiple snipers, all the ones I've spoken too say the VS starting bolt action is superior, hell you can see it for yourself ingame, theres WAY more VS snipers than any other. On Woodman now Miller I can't even remember the last time a TR sniper killed me, most of them use semi-autos at relatively close range VS though have tons of snipers at every fight =(
Old 2014-08-12, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
DynamoECT
Private

This is well recognised by many people within this forum. WarBarney complaining about how badly treated the NC are is now about half the entire content of this forum. Many people have attempted to give counter opinions, but it is futile.
Old 2014-08-12, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Isokon
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
<sigh> Its sad to see people deciding to just be insulting to discredit people rather than actually say something useful.

I'm simply stating what I've heard from multiple snipers, all the ones I've spoken too say the VS starting bolt action is superior, hell you can see it for yourself ingame, theres WAY more VS snipers than any other. On Woodman now Miller I can't even remember the last time a TR sniper killed me, most of them use semi-autos at relatively close range VS though have tons of snipers at every fight =(
Here's the thing:
VS and TR have to buy their starting Bolt Action for 100 Certs, the NC gets it for free. All BASR are identical across factions, so maybe you should stop listening to snipers that are clueless about their class and start educating yourself about the things you proclaim.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250
But then again, you have said that how a weapon "feels" to you is more important than its actual stats *coughflarevsem6cough* when discussing balancing.

Btw. out of your last 700 deaths:
- 2 deaths to TR semi
- 2 deaths to VS semi
- 9 deaths to TR bolt action
- 10 deaths to VS bolt action

Your most recent death to a sniper rifle was to a Terran 99SV. The last time you died to a TR bolt action was two days ago.

Your argument is based on your feelings and you dismiss factual data when it does not match those.
Old 2014-08-12, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
War Barney
Sergeant Major

<sigh> 2 days ago while fighting TR almost non stop for the last week is still a long time considering VS snipers are letting lose almost non stop, still I've come to expect people to cherry pick stats to suit their own ends here.
Old 2014-08-12, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Isokon
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
<sigh> 2 days ago while fighting TR almost non stop for the last week is still a long time considering VS snipers are letting lose almost non stop, still I've come to expect people to cherry pick stats to suit their own ends here.
Coming from someone, who can't come with any stats whatsoever. You fabricate your own anecdotal evidence to suit your ends.
http://ps2oraclestats.com/
Play around with that, maybe you will find something that supports your ideas.

You were wrong about VS bolt actions, you are wrong about the abundance of sniping on VS side and you are wrong about fighting TR nonstop the last weak. Your kills for the last weak are ~55% TR and ~45% VS.

You have a strong irrational bias against VS and create your own little reality in your head where this bias is validated.

But I have wasted enough time with this. May you find joy in your ongoing delusions.

Last edited by Isokon; 2014-08-12 at 10:52 AM.
Old 2014-08-12, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by DynamoECT View Post
This is well recognised by many people within this forum. WarBarney complaining about how badly treated the NC are is now about half the entire content of this forum. Many people have attempted to give counter opinions, but it is futile.
There is merit to NC being underdogs and having not as much love from the devs. Just have to look at who got the OP toys in the past and you'll see that it is mostly if not always TR or VS. Mostly TR from what I remember.

Prowler HE
Marauder
Vulcan
Striker
Fracture
PPA
Magrider in general at launch
ZOE
And more that I can't quite recall perfectly.

NC OP stuff. Launch HackMAX? Can't think of anything else. Even the Vanguard shield wasn't OP as it still couldn't bring that MBT up out of its ditch. And the HackMAX even back then was limited to 15m but dat TTK was to much I'll agree.
Old 2014-08-12, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Isokon
Private

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
There is merit to NC being underdogs and having not as much love from the devs. Just have to look at who got the OP toys in the past and you'll see that it is mostly if not always TR or VS. Mostly TR from what I remember.

Prowler HE
Marauder
Vulcan
Striker
Fracture
PPA
Magrider in general at launch
ZOE
And more that I can't quite recall perfectly.

NC OP stuff. Launch HackMAX? Can't think of anything else. Even the Vanguard shield wasn't OP as it still couldn't bring that MBT up out of its ditch. And the HackMAX even back then was limited to 15m but dat TTK was to much I'll agree.
The Phoenix, when it was first introduced?

Last edited by Isokon; 2014-08-12 at 04:49 PM.
Old 2014-08-12, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Chewy
Major

The Phoenix, when it was first introduced?
That didn't last, what, 2 days maybe a week? Hardly a fair comparison if you ask me next to months on end with most weapons I listed. Plus the Phoenix was never a weapon that could stop entire line of infantry, armor, or aircraft. Just not spamable and far to limiting with its short range, EXTREMELY slow ROF, and its just horrid DPS with being stuck like a rock as an infantry for up to 10-15 seconds. A fleashy squishy infantry.

Playing Devils Advocate a bit. (great movie)
Does it mean that if NC OP stuff (outside HackMAX) gets patched sooner, much sooner than normal, that it means the devs think NC are big boys and can handle not having the strong toys? There by giving NC love from knowing they don't need fancy stuff and choosing to instead give them the tools to make themselves better.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion