News: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 11 Patch Notes - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We don't need you, we WANT you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-21, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Mordelicius
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 11 Patch Notes

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
Yup. It's kind of the lot of NC. The enemy gets more things to obliterate us before we get into range of our best weapons... and they are nerfing those!

I haven't enjoyed being on the receiving end of the MCG, tonight.

However... I DO like the noises I'm hearing... it's pretty ominous in combat. I like how it sounds, even in the distance.
I call it a fartgun...
Old 2013-06-21, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Ok, what the fuck are you talking about?

The Skyguard is still a piece of shit, yes it's better then it's launch incarnation, but they did NOTHING to improve it's effective Engagement range.

You still have to lead everything by three lengths just to get hit indicators, so they've done NOTHING to tighten the Cone of Fire and basic maneuvering will leave you missing completely...

I felt more effective shooting at a god damn Vanu Armor Column then a single Nose-gunning Liberator!
Well, yesterday the skyguard was on sale.
Half of my outfit got it.
Today we got 5 skyguards and created a no fly zone to the VS on Esamir, we even killed some sunderers, focusing fire on then.
Ymir Biolab attacks all failed because of 5 skyguards defending it.
The skyguard dps is much higher now, of course you still dies to an enemy lighting with AP, but I am sure you will win into a fight with one lighting with heat or viper!
That huge magazine is nice, and in groups there is no way a liberator can get you, alone a liberator got me before I could kill him, but it got 2 players inside it, they would have no chance against two skyguards.
And like all based anti air, if the enemy decide to fly away, he can do it, normally I tell my squad to hold fire and no lock on until the enemy is close, so we can kill him, but most times they get away, unless we got a a2a mosquito with us to finish up fleeing ESFs.
You couldn't expect the beta skyguard that killed all air units in a single clip back to the game, and I am happy with the balance right now, comparing to a double buster max, the skyguard is better into the anti air role, and it is less expensive!

My only disappointment is that the Vulcan extended mags has been nerfed, it is useless now, even a level one reload speed is better now to the Vulcan than a full level extended mags, I am sad with my 2.200 certs wasted on that.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-21, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Today we got 5 skyguards...
...Yeah, because even now five Duel-Burster MAXes wouldn't be WAY more effective...

The Skyguard is still shit, I know this because I'm getting assist from Reavers FLYING INTO THE FUCKING GROUND!

I don't expect to be able to melt Air just by looking at it, but I would like to actually be able to KILL it...
Old 2013-06-21, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
- Dead Biolab SCU + 50% capture point = lowered spawn shield but terminals still functional.
This one caught me by surprise! I had to ask in chat what the hell happened. Could have sworn I didn't see it in the patch notes, and was right.

I actually like this change. Now players who have taken over the biolab don't have to sit around en-mass to defend the objectives in the base. They can leave a few players behind to defend against/report on resecure teams that might try and come in and take it back. The rest can move on to other objectives.
Old 2013-06-21, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
The JH changes suck.
Disagree. The triple shot is nice and balanced. One triple will kill infantry at 10m or less. This is faster TTK than a pump shotty (unless you headshot with slug ammo). That said, there is serious vertical recoil on the triple shot. If you aim torso at 10m, you will be at head level after the triple.

The one area where someone could complain is that all empires have good weapons at under 10m so the NC special doesn't have the novelty of the other ES HA weapons.

I am glad my JH has a reason for use again.

Last edited by mrmrmrj; 2013-06-21 at 09:40 AM.
Old 2013-06-21, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Falcon_br
Captain

...Yeah, because even now five Duel-Burster MAXes wouldn't be WAY more effective...

The Skyguard is still shit, I know this because I'm getting assist from Reavers FLYING INTO THE FUCKING GROUND!

I don't expect to be able to melt Air just by looking at it, but I would like to actually be able to KILL it...
I really don´t think you tried the buster maxes after GU 11.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-21, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I really don´t think you tried the buster maxes after GU 11.
I don't think you've ever seen what a REAL Skyguard is capable of...
Old 2013-06-21, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Shogun
Contributor
General

worst patch so far.

anti air has been crippled
freeplayers crippled by ressource costs
nc maxes nerfed again
night vision crippled

and almost none of the important quality of life issues ironed out.
can´t even think of anything constructive no more.
i guess it´s time to look for another game.
this one seems to be screwed up bejond repair.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-21, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
BlindBil
Private

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
worst patch so far.

nc maxes nerfed again
night vision crippled

Anti air - I've gotten plenty of kills with my AA MAX post patch, and where I couldnt get kills I managed to chase off air just as I could before, albeit less effectively. Far from crippled though.

Resource costs - I'll admit I have had several occasions where I wanted to pull something and couldn't due to resources, does this mean its been crippled though, or does it just mean an adjustment to playstyle. If you want to spend your entire time in the air, or in a tank, possibly not the right game to be playing anymore. I dont think that counts as crippled.

NC MAX's - I can't comment, don't play as NC. However I did get instagibbed after running around a corner into one earlier, so no change there from my limited perspective.

Night Vision - This has been crippled, and rightly so. It now does what a NV scope should do. Enhances the light, without artificially highlighting everything. Is it now pointless, yes I guess... as the game engine doesnt create true darkness even at the peak of night, if it did the scope would again be useful. I have removed it from all my guns where previously I used it on most things. Regardless though, it is now a realistic NV scope, the sway im not a fan of, but if you imagine the scope as being fairly heavy ontop of the gun, it makes some sense I suppose.

So many of these 'the games been ruined' comments actually read, to me, as 'OMG, I might have to change my playstyle and adapt... thats it! I quit!'

All of this is my opinion, not fact or scripture

Last edited by BlindBil; 2013-06-21 at 03:16 PM.
Old 2013-06-21, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by BlindBil View Post

So many of these 'the games been ruined' comments actually read, to me, as 'OMG, I might have to change my playstyle and adapt... thats it! I quit!'
would not be that bad if any of my real playstyles would be possible in ps2, but those all died with ps1 and never even came to ps2.
and the only things left, that provided at least some fun get nerfed and crippled to oblivion.

it just adds up big time.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-21, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
IamNotAmazing
Private

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
worst patch so far.

nc maxes nerfed again
night vision crippled

Uh have you heard of adaptation? Resources have been changed to prevent vehicle spam which is good, nc maxes still destroy indoors, anti air needed a nerf as the ttk is way to high as well as the fact that they nerfed air and buffed aa which was terrible. Night vision is not crippled just isn't by far the best scope and now you will have to get a 2x for longer ranges. They still haven't adressed several big issues so I agree with you on that part but don't just throw everything up and give up and try changing your stlye.
Old 2013-06-21, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by IamNotAmazing View Post
Uh have you heard of adaptation? Resources have been changed to prevent vehicle spam which is good, nc maxes still destroy indoors, anti air needed a nerf as the ttk is way to high as well as the fact that they nerfed air and buffed aa which was terrible.
...You have no concept of what "Airside" is, do you?
Old 2013-06-21, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
IamNotAmazing
Private

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
I'm guessing you're a flyboy?
AA as been balanced for months. I still saw the skys filled with air in the past month. Just people could kill air just like air could kill people.

Its going to be release all over again with stupid people whining "wha wha flying takes skill" while trololol LOL podding all over everything.
uh you clearly have never flown, I am a dedicated pilot and I don't run with rocketpods they are plain useless. AA has been way overpowered and I love the changes they have made, still ripping apart morons that hover is fine but getting picked off was extremely annoying. The most op thing is the banshee not rocketpods. It will not be like back in the old days when rocketpods are a farming tool.
Old 2013-06-21, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by IamNotAmazing View Post
uh you clearly have never flown, I am a dedicated pilot and I don't run with rocketpods they are plain useless. AA has been way overpowered and I love the changes they have made, still ripping apart morons that hover is fine but getting picked off was extremely annoying. The most op thing is the banshee not rocketpods. It will not be like back in the old days when rocketpods are a farming tool.
Tell that to my poor Skyguard...
Old 2013-06-21, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
IamNotAmazing
Private

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
I'm guessing you're a flyboy?
AA as been balanced for months. I still saw the skys filled with air in the past month. Just people could kill air just like air could kill people.

Its going to be release all over again with stupid people whining "wha wha flying takes skill" while trololol LOL podding all over everything.
Tell that to my poor Skyguard...
what it got buffed what do you want?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion