WDS awareness? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you braid your nose hairs, or do they grow like that?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-10-22, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: WDS awareness?

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
This only applies to "the next territory". Gens should be opened up across the cont again. Just remove the XP award for destruction. Same for terminals. Players will destroy gens and terms if they need to, not because it gives XP.
But how would the scrubs get xp....

They give xp for everything, it really is stupid. You can't tactically use gens or terminals because littlejimmy has to make it go boom for xp yo.

Malorn i'm pleased to hear that the old game mechanics that provided meta game have not been forgotten, i live in hope they will come back. Gets tedious fighting within the zerg and getting crushed by much zoes than your platoon has members because every one can pull one.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2013-10-22 at 07:57 PM.
Old 2013-10-23, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VampireCrono
Private

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
But how would the scrubs get xp....

They give xp for everything, it really is stupid. You can't tactically use gens or terminals because littlejimmy has to make it go boom for xp yo.

Malorn i'm pleased to hear that the old game mechanics that provided meta game have not been forgotten, i live in hope they will come back. Gets tedious fighting within the zerg and getting crushed by much zoes than your platoon has members because every one can pull one.
unfortunately most of the playerbase will only do something if it generates XP. i mean, when you're a non member with no boost, getting a 1000 cert weapon is a hell of a grind.
Old 2013-10-23, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by VampireCrono View Post
unfortunately most of the playerbase will only do something if it generates XP. i mean, when you're a non member with no boost, getting a 1000 cert weapon is a hell of a grind.
F2P model separates playstyles too much. Payers vs non-payers tend to have completely different motivations in a fight. Not always, but the 2 styles differ so much in that payers tend to be more strategic as they have "bought time" and non-payers have to grind grind gring to keep up so this simply feeds the zerg. What can ya do?
Old 2013-10-23, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by kubacheski View Post
F2P model separates playstyles too much ~ What can ya do?
Does it? I thought SOE did a pretty good job with the F2P model. Isn't that why there are multiple options to purchase things which allow players to piece-meal or boost-over-time what they want/need to play with? Free-to-Play isn't meant to provide easy access to everything. It's meant to allow players to try the game out and if interested to spend a few dollars here and there. Of course, if you have the time and/or skill to obtain enough in-game certs so you don't need to purchase things with real money then more power to you.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-10-23 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2013-10-23, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Does it? I thought SOE did a pretty good job with the F2P model. Isn't that why there are multiple options to purchase things which allow players to piece-meal or boost-over-time what they want/need to play with? Free-to-Play isn't meant to provide easy access to everything. It's meant to allow players to try the game out and if interested to spend a few dollars here and there. Of course, if you have the time and/or skill to obtain enough in-game certs so you don't need to purchase things with real money then more power to you.
I completely agree that the model gives options and that there are many of them. The problem is the interaction between these tiers. Their motivation is different when it comes to strategy vs the zerg. Other F2P games have he benefit of the segregation of populations via instancing and grinding on mobs. Here in PS2 the grinding is done with and against other players. Paying players have bought the time of grinding 1000 certs when they purchase weapons. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself. But the grinding players have to choose one or the other. Or grind so much that they can do both. Nothing wrong with doing that either. But mixing the two doesnt always play out well. The strategy of PS1 will be near impossible with some of the population able to achieve it and the majority grinding exp and ruining any strategical mechanisms in the name of exp.

The 2 pops are not parallel to each other like in most other games. They are in direct competition as there is only PvP combat. Which s what makes Planetside Planetside. Im not saying i know a way to fix it. I actually think it cant be fixed.

Last edited by kubacheski; 2013-10-23 at 07:05 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion